[Live Wallpaper] Cross Plasma and Blob Interference

Search This thread

bompo

Dec 30, 2010
I made two live wallpapers based on Mr.doob's sandbox experiments.

Download them here:
https://market.android.com/details?id=de.swagner.live.exp3
crossplasma.png

and here:
https://market.android.com/details?id=de.swagner.live.exp2
blobinter.png

Mylenthes

Aug 6, 2010
Ok the blob seems fine, no problems on my g2 but add some customizability. The plasma though, slows my phone down like crazy almost making it unusable. Find a way to optimize it, or it could be just the g2.

bompo

Dec 30, 2010
Ok the blob seems fine, no problems on my g2 but add some customizability. The plasma though, slows my phone down like crazy almost making it unusable. Find a way to optimize it, or it could be just the g2.

I will try to lower the resolution for the plasma wallpaper. Maybe this will help...

sarfaraaz

Oct 27, 2010
Durban
Downloading now. Let the testing commence :)

Edit: Plasma causes my phone to slow down crazily. Maybe it isn't optimized for Android 2.3.4? (just a wild guess)
Blob causes slow down as well but still much smoother than Plasma, phone is usable.

Awesome LWP's otherwise mate :)

Last edited:

moccor

Apr 3, 2011
After I downloaded and installed this, all the star ratings for all the apps I have, are gone and are just blank starts. I uninstalled it and rebooted the phone, and its still the same problem.
Edit: restarted it again and its fixed. - Droid X

Last edited:

zedklind

Sep 23, 2008
downloaded and installed on my g2x. runs a litttle slow but it looks amazing! would love to see an optimized versions of the fractal one off his website. that one looks amazing!

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
I tried these out on my Droid X that's overclocked to 1.25 GHz and they both cause severe lag to the point where it slows the phone down. They look amazing but make my phone unusable. :(

Edit: I should mention that I'm currently using a leaked version of Gingerbread.

Last edited:

DeathCry

Dec 2, 2010
Using Cross-plasma on my Thunderbolt. So far so good. Looks great. No noticeable lag with any phone functions yet. Will let you know in another day or so how its working.

Fife3951

Apr 26, 2011
Blob -> works great.

Cross plasma -> runs smoothly (but not all the time), and lags for about 1/4 second between home-screening/unlocking.

Samsung Captivate running Serendipity 6.4

gade12

Mar 21, 2009
Madrid
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Moto G
Blob works better than plasma with very little little laggy.So good 9.5^^
Plasma makes a lot of lag, changing screens, go menu...and i have transparent menu so...even menu of apps laggy. Otherwise plama is more beatiful than blob, very nice effect.

HTC HD2 with ADW Lacunher EX (with transitions effects)

moccor

Apr 3, 2011
How do I use live wallpapers on a Droid X running the first leaked GB? I don't have any option under wallpapers, for live wallpapers.

PokeAsheep

Jun 16, 2009
Minneapolis
Blob= okay, works fine

Plasma= Absolutly beautiful...but lag caused by it is very noticeable. Still installed but not using.

Epic is as Epic does.

moccor

Apr 3, 2011
I wouldn't even bother, I'm on the latest GB leak with my Droid X and they really slow the phone down to the point where it's very laggy.

But I use LauncherPro with only 1 window screen and 3widgets. And I don't have a bunch of useless apps running in startup or downloaded. I think it would run differently for me.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
But I use LauncherPro with only 1 window screen and 3widgets. And I don't have a bunch of useless apps running in startup or downloaded. I think it would run differently for me.

Give it a try and report back. I'm using Go Launcher with 3 screens, only a few widgets, and most of the bloatware removed. I've tried using them both with my X overclocked up to 1.4 GHz and they both cause a tremendous amount of lag. Good luck.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts