App2zip

Search This thread

nringwood SGS2

Dec 19, 2011
Go check out this app in the market.
It creates a zip of your apps that you can flash in cwm when you wipe phone. I know for a fact it doesn't work on Eugene's cm7 but maybe it works on other Roms. Test it first:)

LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m2gpv44zoas0odp/ZIFjxPMHFU/scd.app2zip-1.apk

Sent from a badass galaxy.

Last edited:

bourdier

Mar 2, 2012
New Jersey
It creates a zip of your apps that you can flash in cwm when you wipe phone. I know for a fact it doesn't work on Eugene's cm7 but maybe it works on other Roms. Test it first:)

GooglePlay direct link....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scd.app2zip&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsInNjZC5hcHAyemlwIl0.

virajss

Sep 21, 2010
Minneapolis
For addictive flashers like me, this application is a God send!!

There are some bugs but here's the way to fix it:

0. Install the APPS2ZIP application from the link above.
1. Get a root file browser
2. Copy the "update-binary" file found in any T989 roms ZIP file \meta-inf folder.
3. Paste/overwrite the file here: /data/data/scd.app2zip/files

and then run the APPS2ZIP to create the update.zip file.

I have tested this file and it works great!! Its like flashable Titanium Backup restore !!

Last edited:

nringwood SGS2

Dec 19, 2011
Not to sure. Will give it a try and find out. If it doesn't titanium will restore app data way quicker once they installed.

virajss

Sep 21, 2010
Minneapolis
4b496e57-d1ff-020d.jpg
Yes, it restores data as well. Infact its the bad thing, I wanted it to have the option of just restoring the app and no data.

Not sure how the folder structure for CM7 is, I tested it on BeastMod5. Can you look in /data location. It should be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: linye

Towle

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 26, 2010
The Wild
4b496e57-d1ff-020d.jpg
Yes, it restores data as well. Infact its the bad thing, I wanted it to have the option of just restoring the app and no data.

Not sure how the folder structure for CM7 is, I tested it on BeastMod5. Can you look in /data location. It should be there.

You could always clear the apps data before creating the zip.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

nringwood SGS2

Dec 19, 2011
Output zip file already exists is what I get when trying to.create a zip after updating binary

bobbyphoenix

Mar 30, 2010
Orlando, FL
Omg awesome, works great. Why wasn't this around forever? This should be integrated into cwm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

+1,000,000

I can't count the hours I spent re-setting up all my apps after flashing. I never want to use Ti backup since I screwed it up once. This seems much easier for me.

EDIT - What's the difference between free and paid? Usually there is a change log. Or is it just a donation version?

Last edited:

nringwood SGS2

Dec 19, 2011
Not to sure. All I know is that this thing is awesome haha. An integration with cwm would be cool

nringwood SGS2

Dec 19, 2011
Any of you guys hhaving the issue of when I install the zip and reboot. I Click on the app and it fc's?

Ladylover31

Jan 18, 2011
Fresno
I used it to build a zip and also flashed the zip on ICS. So, I'd say it does work with ICS Roms. Way awesome!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MPurr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For addictive flashers like me, this application is a God send!!

There are some bugs but here's the way to fix it:

0. Install the APPS2ZIP application from the link above.
    1. Get a root file browser
    2. Copy the "update-binary" file found in any T989 roms ZIP file \meta-inf folder.
    3. Paste/overwrite the file here: /data/data/scd.app2zip/files

and then run the APPS2ZIP to create the update.zip file.

I have tested this file and it works great!! Its like flashable Titanium Backup restore !!
    4b496e57-d1ff-020d.jpg

I used it to build a zip and also flashed the zip on ICS. So, I'd say it does work with ICS Roms. Way awesome!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    App2zip is a no go for me. As much as I want to use it, I'm gonna have to use titanium backup. App2zip makes a lot of my apps force close. I noticed that the ones that force close are the ones that have data restored. That's about 75% of my apps! I'm not going to to clear data for nearly 80 apps! I, sticking to t backup or restoring from playstore.

Same here. Most of my apps force close after using this, and the only way to get them to work is to uninstall then reinstall. So it actually takes more time than re downloading them from the play store. Not sure about everyone else, this is just my experience (three separate times).

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium