Root my LG Optimus S LS670?

Search This thread

Eller200

Jan 5, 2012
Rockledge
I have a To Root my LG Optimus S LS670, its a plain one.

Here's my information:
Model Number: LS670
Android Version: 2.3.3
Baseband Version: LS670MVJ_6150

How do I root it?

It's been upgraded by LG already to 2.3.3, and I can't find anyway to root it.

superkaos

Jul 4, 2012
I have this phone and gingerbreak worked then the next week the phone updated and i cannot get it to root now.

hheeeelllppppppp!!

PorkMoon587

Mar 4, 2011
Yea I can't get this phone to root when it's been updated to the LS670MVJ baseband every root method I can find is for the older baseband versions

pheer6224

Apr 17, 2008
Boulder CO
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...9-how-automated-rooting-ls670zvd-zvh-zvj.html
This thread should help, I had to downgrade to ZVH using stock recovery, then use the optiauto CLI tool to root and install Xionia CWMA recovery. Root, radio and gingerbread works, but radio flashed with a Froyo downgrade is not legacy compatible with ZVJ. It's worth noting that while CM7.2 or 9 can be flashed from Xionia, you shouldn't do this before having all necessary files/drivers from the froyo, gingerbread and cm9 images, and CM9 flashed LS670s cannot be activated on Sprint.

Reactions: mk3

jonny4

Mar 23, 2011

Here's my information:

How do I root it?

Did you ever get this rooted, I was just given my brother in law's phone and phone number and I was going to use the phone as a media player but wanted to root to remove sprint crap or put a custom rom on.

roach_inc

Feb 2, 2011
Sprint lg optimus s q's

well i tried to root my optimus s (ls670) with gingerbreak--- it said it worked but really didnt. then downgraded to zvd software and then superoneclicked it and it said it worked and when i went to upgrade the binary on superuser it told me that my binary was "legacy" and that no binary was found and so it stopped the update. does anyone have any idea what to do with this dinosaur of a phone??? PLEASE HELP with LINKS both for instructions and ROMs/kernels/recoveries------------ SPRINT LG OPTIMUS S (model ls670)

ScubaVision

Nov 29, 2013
The best option.

well i tried to root my optimus s (ls670) with gingerbreak--- it said it worked but really didnt. then downgraded to zvd software and then superoneclicked it and it said it worked and when i went to upgrade the binary on superuser it told me that my binary was "legacy" and that no binary was found and so it stopped the update. does anyone have any idea what to do with this dinosaur of a phone??? PLEASE HELP with LINKS both for instructions and ROMs/kernels/recoveries------------ SPRINT LG OPTIMUS S (model ls670)

----------------------------------------------
I cannot go into too much detail since I spent hours on it and forgot and renamed a lot of stuff.
--
Hey, so I just got an LS670 (LG Optimus S) from a friend to replace my current phone. Not sure how it will go since I have an old SERO account.
Anyways, I had some time off and would recommend to you update flashing your baseband to ZVH. Turn on usb debugging from the applications/development from settings and use stay awake option.Use Sons Of Korhal 1.0.1 to root it. Update to ZVJ using its appropriate update.zip. Then use OptiAuto (aka OptiAuto-sfx) if its the new enough version will allow you to root the zvj baseband. Some of these files are hard to find, took me 3 hours total in trial and error.

This page helped a lot: forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/119130-how-manual-rooting-ls670zvh-zvj-links-root-zvd-zv9.html

and this one: forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/131297-how-rooting-ls670zvd-zvh-100-automated-zvj-automated.html

optiauto for windows might be this one, you'll need it: mediafire.com/download/dsblck8764079q0/optiauto-sfx.exe

Last edited:

dracinn

Mar 9, 2013
Salem, MO
LG G8X ThinQ
Moto G Stylus
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...9-how-automated-rooting-ls670zvd-zvh-zvj.html
This thread should help, I had to downgrade to ZVH using stock recovery, then use the optiauto CLI tool to root and install Xionia CWMA recovery. Root, radio and gingerbread works, but radio flashed with a Froyo downgrade is not legacy compatible with ZVJ. It's worth noting that while CM7.2 or 9 can be flashed from Xionia, you shouldn't do this before having all necessary files/drivers from the froyo, gingerbread and cm9 images, and CM9 flashed LS670s cannot be activated on Sprint.

Is down grading safe to do MVJ to ZVD?

Nov 5, 2014
OK
I can help you!

I have the exact same phone. I got mine rooted.
Tomorrow, I will do a video and post the link showing you how to do this.
Wait til' tomorrow and I will get that to you.

Here's my information:

How do I root it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.