So, I've been here before.

Search This thread

Nickitt

Dec 21, 2011
Kansas City
My question is, what would you do in my situation?

My Xoom connected to my computer (HP Pavilion dv6000) (Windows Vista) once before in past times. It will not connect anymore, I have done everything possible that people have said to do. Still in the same situation.

I connected it to my mothers Toshiba Satellite U505-S2950 (Windows 7)after installing Moto software, and its working perfectly.

Should I re-install Windows/Re-set to default? I've tried everything, from installing drivers, to changing permissions, to installing adb, blah blah blah.

I just recently found DropBox which I am using now, until I can figure out exactly what to do with my HP.

Anyone? TBH: I don't want to use my moms laptop every time I want to transfer a movie to my Xoom, rather it be mine.

Appreciation is high.

-Nic

Last edited:

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
So I guess you are using your original Xoom USB cable, and have tried different USB ports (like the ones on the back if you have a tower), you tried with debugging on and off, you've tried with the USB plugged into the Xoom 1st and then into the computer as well as the other way around...do you have Windows Media Player (9?) installed on your pc? It seems it needs it to connect....

Yuccaman

Apr 7, 2011
Its not a solution to USB woes as I reckon I am in the same position with XP Windows machines, but an alternative.

Why not run a FTP Server on either your Laptop or your Xoom....

I doubt its as fast as USB transfer but may be quicker than Dropbox (definitely quicker for me in the UK with cruddy upload speeds !!!)

I use FTPServ on the PC and SwiFTP on the Xoom as the FTP Server - I just switch each one on when needed depending on which copy method I feel like using :)

I use Total Commander for the FTP Client on the Xoom.

Reactions: okantomi

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
Its not a solution to USB woes as I reckon I am in the same position with XP Windows machines, but an alternative.

I doubt its as fast as USB transfer but may be quicker than Dropbox (definitely quicker for me in the UK with cruddy upload speeds !!!)

I use FTPServ on the PC and SwiFTP on the Xoom as the FTP Server - I just switch each one on when needed depending on which copy method I feel like using :)

Interesting idea...

SteveI

Oct 12, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
This I suppose could be seen to be quite drastic, but it will fix 99.9% of all USB related issues across windows OS's

*** Read first before actioning ***

>Right click My computer and manage, you are using Vista? So will probably need to run as admin.
>Go to device management and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
>Ok delete the lot
>Yup delete the lot

What this means is that it should now prompt you to reinstall the drivers for any USB device plugged in to the PC, yes you may find that you have to unplug and replug in your keyboard and mouse to re-install the drivers for those devices. But it should also re-install the Motorola Xoom drivers also.

At the end of the days its quicker to try this than re-install Windows ;)

Unfortunately not every USB Root Hub or Host controller displays what it actually is, some do but that's a case of right clicking each one to see what it is. If for example it states that its a mouse then perhaps don't delete that one but hopefully you get my drift.

D

daley stephenson

My question is, what would you do in my situation?

My Xoom connected to my computer (HP Pavilion dv6000) (Windows Vista) once before in past times. It will not connect anymore, I have done everything possible that people have said to do. Still in the same situation.

I connected it to my mothers Toshiba Satellite U505-S2950 (Windows 7)after installing Moto software, and its working perfectly.

Should I re-install Windows/Re-set to default? I've tried everything, from installing drivers, to changing permissions, to installing adb, blah blah blah.

I just recently found DropBox which I am using now, until I can figure out exactly what to do with my HP.

Anyone? TBH: I don't want to use my moms laptop every time I want to transfer a movie to my Xoom, rather it be mine.

Appreciation is high.

-Nic

/this happened to me aswell when i was running vista, if you havnt already tried then go check this site out tiny.cc/wk2fdw and download the file which will run a check and tell you what to do next
/if that doesnt work google "windows vista usb.inf and go from there, hope this helps

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.