New CID, new version?

Search This thread

Sketchup

Jan 29, 2009
Hey people,

I just got my new TMobile G1 (in the Netherlands) and of course want to root it. The only problem is that while trying to load the old (rootable) images, I get the "not allow" error which should indicate CID problems.
I've doublechecked MD5 hashes on the images after writing them to SDcard.

This is (part of) my getprop output, which shows weird version numbering?

Code:
[ro.secure]: [1]
[ro.debuggable]: [0]
[persist.service.adb.enable]: [0]
[ro.factorytest]: [0]
[ro.serialno]: [HT91AKV00706]
[ro.bootmode]: [charge]
[ro.baseband]: [1.22.12.29]
[ro.carrier]: [TMNL]
[ro.bootloader]: [0.95.0000]
[ro.hardware]: [trout]
[ro.revision]: [128]
[ro.build.id]: [TMI-RC4]
[ro.build.version.incremental]: [123099]
[ro.build.version.sdk]: [2]
[ro.build.version.release]: [1.1]
[ro.build.date]: [Tue Dec  9 19:57:19 PST 2008]
[ro.build.date.utc]: [1228881439]
[ro.build.type]: [user]
[ro.build.user]: [android-build]
[ro.build.host]: [apa24.mtv.corp.google.com]
[ro.build.tags]: [ota-rel-keys,release-keys]
[ro.product.model]: [T-Mobile G1]
[ro.product.brand]: [tmeu]
[ro.product.name]: [kila_eu]
[ro.product.device]: [dream]
[ro.product.board]: [trout]
[ro.product.manufacturer]: [HTC]
[ro.product.locale.language]: [en]
[ro.product.locale.region]: [GB]
[ro.build.product]: [dream]
[ro.build.description]: [kila_eu-user 1.1 TMI-RC4 123099 ota-rel-keys,release-keys]
[ro.build.fingerprint]: [tmeu/kila_eu/dream/trout:1.1/TMI-RC4/123099:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys]
[rild.libpath]: [/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so]
[wifi.interface]: [tiwlan0]
[ro.ril.oem.ecclist]: [999,000,08,118,112,120,122,110,119]
[ro.com.google.clientid]: [tmobile-eu]

EDIT:

After the image is rejected with the "not allow" error, the boot screen shows:
DREA110 PVT 32B
HBOOT-0.95.0000
CPLD-4
RADIO-1.22.12.29

Sep 2 2008

Any clues on what to try next?

Thanks

Last edited:

Dharkaron

Nov 26, 2008
Ames
Are you sure the DREAIMG.nbh file you are using is for RC7? Thats the only thing i can think of other than you have a different version of the phone, or one where they have "fixed" the hole that allowed us to use the DREAIMG file.

Sketchup

Jan 29, 2009
Are you sure the DREAIMG.nbh file you are using is for RC7? Thats the only thing i can think of other than you have a different version of the phone, or one where they have "fixed" the hole that allowed us to use the DREAIMG file.

Yes, I'm pretty sure of that. I even checked the md5sums after copying to SDcard. As my phone also has "DREA110" in the bootloader, it should be fine using the UK version, right?

Thanks

K

korndub

they have "fixed" the hole that allowed us to use the DREAIMG file

this is not a hole and will not be removed, this is a tool for the manufacturer, or authorized service / repair center to use when flashing phones, it has been in every htc device and will continue to be.

K

korndub

Yes, I'm pretty sure of that. I even checked the md5sums after copying to SDcard. As my phone also has "DREA110" in the bootloader, it should be fine using the UK version, right?

Thanks
the US G1 is Drea100 you may not be able to use the Rc7 or RC29 images....

Gary13579

Retired Moderator
Nov 14, 2008
this is not a hole and will not be removed, this is a tool for the manufacturer, or authorized service / repair center to use when flashing phones, it has been in every htc device and will continue to be.

Yes, it can be. They can EASILY change the keys in the bootloader they ship phones out with to stop us from flashing the old NBH's.

Whether they've done this or not, who knows. But it's starting to look like they have.

haitiankid4lyf

May 25, 2008
i hope they havent changed the keys,
make sure that the phone isnt connected to usb

- format card fat32
- if you downloaded from internet make sure you download one thats zipped. (i had an error when flashing my phone with an image that was unzipped before i downloaded it)
- make sure that it is for you version
- make sure that its named correctly
i know you probably did most of these buts its worth a shot.
also, if it still doesnt work, if you have insurance call tmo and say that its the phone is constantly reseting/freezing and tell them you already tried wiping and factory reseting the phone. the should send you another one most likely refurbished and might have evaded what ever htc/tmo did to the new ones

how did we get the keys or whatever in the 1st place? was it exracted from a dump? if so, can he perform a dump and some1 here extract the keys so that we can be ready for the future??

Last edited:

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
Interesting build-id. While the props aren't checked by the SPL, I can certainly believe (but can't say for sure) they indicate some new CIDs to prevent using the publicly leaked NBHs. Frankly speaking, i'm sure we all saw this coming.

neoobs

Retired Moderator
Mar 25, 2008
If I read this correctly, he is in the netherlands, and this might just be another build number kinda like how US and UK are different, I have a feeling this is a third for yet another country.

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
This handset differs from the other EU launch handsets in another important way though. It is built on the 1.1 codebase rather than the 1.0 that TC4-RC30 and TC5-RC9 uses. That leads me to believe that most likely the Dream firmware has been stepped (as evidenced by the fact his SPL is reporting DREA110. This is probably (my guess) a quick fix against the leaked NBHs by HTC and T-Mo.

neoobs

Retired Moderator
Mar 25, 2008
I don't see them doing that, it would be stupid and pointless. We just get more leaked files and sooner or later we will have access to edit the SPL from inside android.

sputnik99

Aug 12, 2006
Just guessing...

In the cupcake videos you can see a multi language support, so that you can choose on your handset, which language applies. So I think that we will have only one single version of software in the future, no more rc8, rc30, europe...

Can someone with a german or dutch version check, if you can already choose the language? If so, the RC33 1.1 will be the future version for all...??

raw235

Feb 3, 2009
I have the german version 1.1. the phone starts in english and i have the choice between english and german language.