[THREAD CLOSED] SpeedTests, Benchmarks (AnTuTu, OpenGL..)

What's your average DL speed in UK (3G only!!)

• Under 10Mbps

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • 10-20Mbps

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Above 20Mbps

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Not much going on in GT-i9305 section so let see what this phone can really do...
All kinds of Speed Tests, Benchmarks and Battery Stats are welcome ;)

Network: 3G or 4G???

Just wondering how it goes on DC-HSPA+??? Here in UK, Three is fastest so far... I'm getting speeds 15-25Mbps DL / up to 4.5Mbps UL in many places!! :D Who need expensive LTE with crazy data capping (500MB - £36/pm) and speeds 10-20Mbps... Joke...
To check what kind of 3G connection you have while testing:
1: dial *#0011# (phone will go in to Service Mode)
2: press home button
3: open and run SpeedTest
4: press&hold home button and switch back to Service Mode... ;)
5: on the bottom of screen look for "DC_HSPA+ : 1(enabled) 0(disabled)"

Battery:

Many people reported bad battery life but I'm very happy with it so I'll share some of my tricks how to get more juice....
My current set up: Pandoriam ROM v6.6, latest Perseus Kernel: no UV, no OC, no tweaks, Modem: BUALI6, Network: 3UK (DC-HSPA)

1. Custom ROM & kernel is recommended but NOT essential ;) (most of them includes battery tweaks also they bloat free)
2. Install BBS and check what's drinking your juice... Some of apps are heavy drinkers (Facebook, Twitter etc....) so keep eye on battery after you install new app(s). Don't use Juice Defender, it makes things worse.
3. Disable Google Now & Locations (main juice drinker)
4. Install "Fast Dormancy Toggle" from Play Store and disable it. It safe to use. If you don't use 4g, change Network Mode to WCDMA only. BTW bad signal reception draining more juice as well.
5. Keep screen brightness on manual, as low as possible... obviously ;)
6. Use inverted apps and dark wallpaper if possible, stay away from live wallpapers...
7. Only If you know what you doing, install app called" NoBloat Free" or any other similar app and disable/freeze unimportant processes draining your battery. (Exchange and Samsung Push Services are heavy drinkers)
8. AutoSync & NFC - OFF!!
9. Use Original Samsung 1A charger, don't use your laptop to charge phone....
10. Keep WiFi ON only if you need it. To make things easy, in Advanced WiFi settings, we have WiFi Timer. (can be used to keep it ON/OFF automatically, through the night for example)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ServiceMode.jpg
    ServiceMode.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 918
  • Screenshot_2012-11-30-16-28-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-11-30-16-28-45.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 891
Last edited:
The Thunder Down Under - (more like lighning)

This was me at drinks on Friday on the outskirts of town, Brisbane Australia on Telstra 4G network. I took about 4 tests and this was the average one.

:D

Samsung Galaxy SIII - I1905T

526300_10151151236203597_2040085144_n.jpg

Another reason to come Down Under....

Reactions: DjeMBeY

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Realised my mistake as I posted. Sorry dude.
I think that that test was as I passed through Brisbane, Oz.

No worries mate. Awesome speed!!! Here in UK You won't get even half of it on 4G!! That's why we're using DC HSPA+, it goes up to 20Mbps and you can have Unlimited data for £15.90 /pm!!!!!

I'm going to change the Thread Title to "Post your Speed Tests, Benchmarks, Battery Stats...."

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Pandoriam v2.0, No OC&UV....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353846781401.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353846781401.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 791
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353846802865.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353846802865.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 898
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353846821716.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353846821716.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
Reactions: btemtd

bleepsake

Oct 9, 2012
London
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
Yea 4G in London is terrible, I know. I popped in to the EE store the other day to test out the speed. THEY DIDNT HAVE the speedtest.net app. I was like so how are we to test what 4G speeds we are getting? The assistant replied with a really condescending tone "I'm pretty sure such geeky app wont be needed for the average consumer". I replied, "So why do broadband suppliers advertise "Xmb broadband"? SO obviously people would want to know how fast their internet would be." fruking donut.

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
My mate was driving Through Auburn Sydney, And he got 75Mbps Down... I am based in Sydneys southwest On the edge of 4G & 3G+ coverage I average around 15mbps So

All I can Say is Telstra 4G kills it ay! haha Cant wait till they upgrade the coverage soon we may have all areas with this crazy speed

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Can you guys please turn off lte and do a speed test in h+, like the OP asked?

Exactly!!! We all know how fast 4G can be... Huge Speeds except UK....
Here the DC-HSPA+ is faster in many places and that's why I've asked for 3G tests... Just being curious....

How's your battery life???? I'm very pleased!!!
Much better than my old SGS2...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353942503704.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353942503704.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 975
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353942523053.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353942523053.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 934

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
the problem with the H+ test is know one knows if they are on the high DC type H+ or the normal H+ it doesnt differentiate , so theres no point someone will post H+ when you think its DC it may be only plain old H+

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

I was on H+ and i got 10mbps Down but there is no way this was the HIgher H+...

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
the problem with the H+ test is know one knows if they are on the high DC type H+ or the normal H+ it doesnt differentiate , so theres no point someone will post H+ when you think its DC it may be only plain old H+

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

I was on H+ and i got 10mbps Down but there is no way this was the HIgher H+...
It's easy to check that, just press *#0011#

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
ok and what am i supposed to be seeing there to know its on the higher H+ ? I can see the first line changing regulary RCC: DCH for about 4 seconds and then it went back to RCC: FACH for another 5seconds and I can now only see the 3G symbol and its sitting on RRC: UPCH I definately am not in a good area to test anyway so I guess ill play around when im out and about. Ill compare it with. But yeh like I said you can be in a middle of a test and it could of changed how would you know unless you have 2 screens one showing you exaclty what your on whilst your doing a speedtest

Last edited:

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
ok and what am i supposed to be seeing there to know its on the higher H+ ? I can see the first line changing regulary RCC: DCH for about 4 seconds and then it went back to RCC: FACH for another 5seconds and I can now only see the 3G symbol and its sitting on RRC: UPCH I definately am not in a good area to test anyway so I guess ill play around when im out and about. Ill compare it with. But yeh like I said you can be in a middle of a test and it could of changed how would you know unless you have 2 screens one showing you exaclty what your on whilst your doing a speedtest

This settings are confusing to me as well... My tests are based on Coverage Checker from 3UK...

Last edited:

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga

What is you Carrier? I´m on vodafone Portugal, they advirtise as being the only Carrier with 42Mbits DC HSPA but they seem to have that inconsistence with FACH and DCH as well. By the way, I looked it up, those are 2 types of HSPA+ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Resource_Control)

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com

I've checked and look at screenshots. One is while downloading (Speed Test running in background) the second just connected (steady CPCH). On the bottom we have active connections... you can see 0 or 1 next to type of connection.
Now it's easy to check. :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354051589736.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354051589736.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 315
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354051599323.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354051599323.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
I am on Telstra Australia.. Well that makes sense As my phone was idle And i was staring at the screen. So I guess If i did a speedtest those mode will change.

But still It doesnt rectify the fact that while someone is doing a speedtest we do not know exactly what connection we are on as Carriers who offer DC also have Normal Hspa+ aswell and if in the wrong area it may switch modes while doing the test without even knowing

As that DC_HSPA will change to normal HSPA if you are not in the correct area, when I had that screen on i did not see DC_HSPA I only saw HSPA+

Edit : You see mine was changing from DC_HSPA to HSPA from one moment to another like I said you would have to be in a STRONG DC area to really test DC speeds

Last edited:

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
I am on Telstra Australia.. Well that makes sense As my phone was idle And i was staring at the screen. So I guess If i did a speedtest those mode will change.

But still It doesnt rectify the fact that while someone is doing a speedtest we do not know exactly what connection we are on as Carriers who offer DC also have Normal Hspa+ aswell and if in the wrong area it may switch modes while doing the test without even knowing

As that DC_HSPA will change to normal HSPA if you are not in the correct area, when I had that screen on i did not see DC_HSPA I only saw HSPA+

You're right and wrong bro. Look at my post above yours...... :)
Run Speed Test and just switch to test mode. You can see live info. Easy to detect..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not much going on in GT-i9305 section so let see what this phone can really do...
    All kinds of Speed Tests, Benchmarks and Battery Stats are welcome ;)

Network: 3G or 4G???

Just wondering how it goes on DC-HSPA+??? Here in UK, Three is fastest so far... I'm getting speeds 15-25Mbps DL / up to 4.5Mbps UL in many places!! :D Who need expensive LTE with crazy data capping (500MB - £36/pm) and speeds 10-20Mbps... Joke...
    To check what kind of 3G connection you have while testing:
    1: dial *#0011# (phone will go in to Service Mode)
    2: press home button
    3: open and run SpeedTest
    4: press&hold home button and switch back to Service Mode... ;)
    5: on the bottom of screen look for "DC_HSPA+ : 1(enabled) 0(disabled)"

Battery:

Many people reported bad battery life but I'm very happy with it so I'll share some of my tricks how to get more juice....
    My current set up: Pandoriam ROM v6.6, latest Perseus Kernel: no UV, no OC, no tweaks, Modem: BUALI6, Network: 3UK (DC-HSPA)

1. Custom ROM & kernel is recommended but NOT essential ;) (most of them includes battery tweaks also they bloat free)
    2. Install BBS and check what's drinking your juice... Some of apps are heavy drinkers (Facebook, Twitter etc....) so keep eye on battery after you install new app(s). Don't use Juice Defender, it makes things worse.
    3. Disable Google Now & Locations (main juice drinker)
    4. Install "Fast Dormancy Toggle" from Play Store and disable it. It safe to use. If you don't use 4g, change Network Mode to WCDMA only. BTW bad signal reception draining more juice as well.
    5. Keep screen brightness on manual, as low as possible... obviously ;)
    6. Use inverted apps and dark wallpaper if possible, stay away from live wallpapers...
    7. Only If you know what you doing, install app called" NoBloat Free" or any other similar app and disable/freeze unimportant processes draining your battery. (Exchange and Samsung Push Services are heavy drinkers)
    8. AutoSync & NFC - OFF!!
    9. Use Original Samsung 1A charger, don't use your laptop to charge phone....
    10. Keep WiFi ON only if you need it. To make things easy, in Advanced WiFi settings, we have WiFi Timer. (can be used to keep it ON/OFF automatically, through the night for example)

attachment.php

attachment.php
    Sent from my GT-I9305T using xda app-developers app
    The Thunder Down Under - (more like lighning)

This was me at drinks on Friday on the outskirts of town, Brisbane Australia on Telstra 4G network. I took about 4 tests and this was the average one.

:D

Samsung Galaxy SIII - I1905T

526300_10151151236203597_2040085144_n.jpg

Another reason to come Down Under....
    Pandoriam v2.0, No OC&UV....