Updating TWRP and various Root questions

Search This thread

Alfa_G

Jun 13, 2014
I've flashed via odin the TWRP recovery before I installed the v30 omega rom. 2 days ago I flashed the v31 and now the phone reboots randomly.I've tried to use logcat but i can't find the cause.In safe mode though the phone doesn't reboot So here is the deal:

I'll reflash the v31 since some features were NOT flashed like call button on contacts but i want to update the TWRP to its latest version....how?Through the TWRP manager app?Or flash it through odin?Flashing an updated version on an existing one recovery using odin won't be a problem right?Also,what jfltexx is the codename of my version right?(9505)

Also,a nandroid backup is basically an "image" of the phone right?Like a disk clone operation of acronis in windows....correct?

thanks for your time

kenji1996

Jun 7, 2012
Perak
I've flashed via odin the TWRP recovery before I installed the v30 omega rom. 2 days ago I flashed the v31 and now the phone reboots randomly.I've tried to use logcat but i can't find the cause.In safe mode though the phone doesn't reboot So here is the deal:

I'll reflash the v31 since some features were NOT flashed like call button on contacts but i want to update the TWRP to its latest version....how?Through the TWRP manager app?Or flash it through odin?Flashing an updated version on an existing one recovery using odin won't be a problem right?Also,what jfltexx is the codename of my version right?(9505)

Also,a nandroid backup is basically an "image" of the phone right?Like a disk clone operation of acronis in windows....correct?

thanks for your time

So i assume that your question is does flashing TWRP got problem or not?
So you flash the latest version wont be any problem because i did it already
And nandroid backup is a total ROM for your current condition which mean is your OMEGA v31 so when anything goes wrong you
can go back to the start where you made the backup
Hope this will answer your question.

Alfa_G

Jun 13, 2014
So i assume that your question is does flashing TWRP got problem or not?
So you flash the latest version wont be any problem because i did it already
And nandroid backup is a total ROM for your current condition which mean is your OMEGA v31 so when anything goes wrong you
can go back to the start where you made the backup
Hope this will answer your question.

No just the rom wasn't flashed properly and i will reflash it :)

I just haven't updated TWRP to the latest version.............how can i do that?

Top Liked Posts