[ROM] HCDR.ROM v1.7 || Sensible Donut || Added HTC Status Widget, bug fixes.

Search This thread

HCDR.Jacob

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
Hi,

I was starting to get sick of all the Android 1.6 Sense UI ROMs with too many useless Apps installed. I was also getting sick of ones which are "optimised" and run slower as a result.

I have therefore decided to release HCDR.ROM, with the aim to only include Apps which are particularly useful and to only include optimisations which actually do optimise performance. It is based on the WWE 1.67.405.6 release and features the following:

*root
*su + superuser.apk
*busybox
*Sense UI & All Sense Apps
*Silent boot animation
*Everything works as it does on Stock ROM (Camera, WiFi etc.)
*Does not require wipe if flashing from another 1.6 ROM!!!
*All Google Apps included
*ROM Name and Version shown in About Phone

Changelog for v1.1:
*Market Patch v2 by moneytoo
*Zipaligned all *.apk files
*Wipe shouldn't be necessary if upgrading from v1.0

Changelog for v1.2:
*Apps2SD Script Included (This script is not executed properly at boot, so there is no Apps2SD yet! I have fixed this and it will be fully working in the next release.)
*Wipe not necessary when upgrading from v1.0 or v1.1
*Compatible with newly released Black Theme patch (see below)

Changelog for v1.3:
*Apps2SD now fully working. (EXT3 Partition required - Script runs automatically if you have this partition)
*Google Maps 4.4.0 included
*Wipe not necessary when upgrading from a previous version of HCDR.ROM

Changelog for v1.4:
*Apps2SD script updated (now using DarkTremor script) (Only tried with Ext3, I don't know if it will work with Ext2/4. Feel free to try it and post whether or not it works)
*Google Maps moved to /data/app
*De-odexed /system/app
*De-odexed /system/framework
*Dalvik-cache moved to sd card (provided you have an Ext partition - Again, I have only tried with Ext3 so I don't know if Ext2/4 will work)
*More languages unlocked (thanks to danne_jo for this)
*Now compatible with Supercirkle Mod by danne_jo (See here for details) (Requires at least one boot of the phone before flashing)
*Speed increase :D
*Requires new patch for black theme :)

Changelog for v1.5:
*New kernel compiled by me to enable tattoo-hack.ko, allowing /system rewrite access :)
*All sounds converted to .ogg (loop fix)
*New patch released including the overclocked kernel by ralle.gade (as used in KiljackenROM).

Changelog for v1.6:
*Sounds fixed using new .ogg files (thanks to francians)
*Superuser updated to 2.3.3. Superuser.apk moved to /data/app to allow Market update.
*ROM Manager added to /data/app because it's useful and ClockworkMod recovery is better than others. Select Buzz (Wildfire) when selecting recovery. (Can be removed by user if they wish)
*Voice Search added to /data/app since users were having trouble finding it in Market (again, can be removed by user)
*Alarm works correctly now (I have tested multiple times and it works fine for me in this version)
*Nano text editor installed
*Busybox updated to 1.17.1
*White Theme Patch released

Changelog for v1.7:
*Issue fixed where, after flashing, no default ringtone and notification tone would be set
*Added HTC Device Status Widget
*Updated Superuser to 2.3.5

Known bugs:
*Superuser giving Force Close on v1.7. If you experience this, reinstall Superuser from Market. If it still doesn't work, flash v1.6 until I find a fix.

The new Black Theme Patch v3.2 (for v1.4+ ONLY) contains the theme from Sense 2.1 including lockscreen, status bar and icons! Flash in the same way you flash the ROM and old Black Theme. Thanks to JoOoSs for this theme!

The White Theme Patch v1.0 (for v1.4+ ONLY) is a buggy patch made by myself containing the White Theme from the Orange ROM. It is early in development and some things don't display correctly. Everything does still function correctly though.

The Overclock Kernel patch (for all versions) includes the kernel that ralle.gade made for KiljackenROM, which I have compiled from source. (Source available here) This kernel includes tattoo-hack and enables overclock to 710MHz, swap functionality and more. To overclock the CPU you'll have to use SetCPU (available on the market or here at xda if you search) or overclock widget. I would include SetCPU but the developer has requested that it isn't included in ROMs.
IMPORTANT: SetCPU will allow you to set anything up to 748MHz, however, if you go past 710, then SetCPU (and the phone) will freeze up. If you go no higher than 710MHz you'll be fine (although I don't recommend going over 700 as it may become unstable) :D
There are bugs in this kernel, and quite a few of them. adb may not function properly, and camera only works if CPU scaling is set to performance. THESE BUGS WILL BE FIXED SOON. :D

Please try it and let me know what you think. If there are any suggestions you have or features which you feel need adding, tell me. I made this ROM to be as close to the original ROM as possible, but with the basic things that I need to have in my ROM such as root :)

Remember to do a nandroid backup before flashing and if you experience any problems, try a full wipe and re-flash to see if they persist before leaving a comment.

Screenshots are attached below. As you can see, it's nothing fancy :)

Donate here if you like my work.

Downloads:

ROM
Download HCDR.ROM v1.7 here! (Mirror)

Patches
Download the Overclock Kernel patch here!

Download Black Theme v3.2 by JoOoS for v1.4+ here! (Black Theme Supercirkle Mod - with icon fix at 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 10% and 0%)

Download White Theme v1.0 by HCDR.Jacob for v1.4+ here!

Download danne_jo's supercirkle mod for v1.4+ here! (Details) (Update: Link changed. Error where battery would show original icon at 100% has been fixed by danne_jo and myself, please redownload. New fix coming soon, I found another bug.)

Old Versions:
Download HCDR.ROM v1.6 here
Download HCDR.ROM v1.5 here
Download De-odexed Black Theme Patch v1 for v1.4+ here
Download v1.4 Here
Download Black Theme Patch v1 for v1.0-v1.3 Here (Mirror)
Download v1.3 Here (Mirror)
Download v1.2 Here (Mirror)
Download v1.1 Here(Mirror)
Download v1.0 Here

Attachments

• CAP201007112321.jpg
    CAP201007112321.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 3,535
  • CAP201007112329.jpg
    CAP201007112329.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 3,802
  • CAP201007112331.jpg
    CAP201007112331.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4,209
Last edited:

HCDR.Jacob

Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
Bluetooth works the same as in all Sense roms, so file transfer isn't supported but Bluetooth handsfree should work fine :)

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App on my HTC Tattoo

toushiro

Nov 5, 2009
Tokyo
Can you change the theme's color? I don't like grey:D
For me, the market tooks too many time to load, don't know why.
Another thing, at first the lockscreen didn't have the grey bar but just the hour, now it is like a normal rom. Is it normal?
Look like speeder than the original ROM

HCDR.Jacob

Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
Can you change the theme's color? I don't like grey:D
For me, the market tooks too many time to load, don't know why.
Another thing, at first the lockscreen didn't have the grey bar but just the hour, now it is like a normal rom. Is it normal?
Look like speeder than the original ROM

I will change the theme colour to black for the next release. The market works fine for me, I'll look into it for you though :)
And I'm not sure why that happened to the lockscreen, but I'll see if I can replicate the problem and figure out what happened because that's unusual :)

HCDR.Jacob

Jun 8, 2010
Gateshead
Working on v1.1 at the minute. I will release it as soon as I have fixed a problem I am having with tattoo-hack.ko. Keep an eye out on here :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I was starting to get sick of all the Android 1.6 Sense UI ROMs with too many useless Apps installed. I was also getting sick of ones which are "optimised" and run slower as a result.

I have therefore decided to release HCDR.ROM, with the aim to only include Apps which are particularly useful and to only include optimisations which actually do optimise performance. It is based on the WWE 1.67.405.6 release and features the following:

*root
    *su + superuser.apk
    *busybox
    *Sense UI & All Sense Apps
    *Silent boot animation
    *Everything works as it does on Stock ROM (Camera, WiFi etc.)
    *Does not require wipe if flashing from another 1.6 ROM!!!
    *All Google Apps included
    *ROM Name and Version shown in About Phone

Changelog for v1.1:
    *Market Patch v2 by moneytoo
    *Zipaligned all *.apk files
    *Wipe shouldn't be necessary if upgrading from v1.0

Changelog for v1.2:
    *Apps2SD Script Included (This script is not executed properly at boot, so there is no Apps2SD yet! I have fixed this and it will be fully working in the next release.)
    *Wipe not necessary when upgrading from v1.0 or v1.1
    *Compatible with newly released Black Theme patch (see below)

Changelog for v1.3:
    *Apps2SD now fully working. (EXT3 Partition required - Script runs automatically if you have this partition)
    *Google Maps 4.4.0 included
    *Wipe not necessary when upgrading from a previous version of HCDR.ROM

Changelog for v1.4:
    *Apps2SD script updated (now using DarkTremor script) (Only tried with Ext3, I don't know if it will work with Ext2/4. Feel free to try it and post whether or not it works)
    *Google Maps moved to /data/app
    *De-odexed /system/app
    *De-odexed /system/framework
    *Dalvik-cache moved to sd card (provided you have an Ext partition - Again, I have only tried with Ext3 so I don't know if Ext2/4 will work)
    *More languages unlocked (thanks to danne_jo for this)
    *Now compatible with Supercirkle Mod by danne_jo (See here for details) (Requires at least one boot of the phone before flashing)
    *Speed increase :D
    *Requires new patch for black theme :)

Changelog for v1.5:
    *New kernel compiled by me to enable tattoo-hack.ko, allowing /system rewrite access :)
    *All sounds converted to .ogg (loop fix)
    *New patch released including the overclocked kernel by ralle.gade (as used in KiljackenROM).

Changelog for v1.6:
    *Sounds fixed using new .ogg files (thanks to francians)
    *Superuser updated to 2.3.3. Superuser.apk moved to /data/app to allow Market update.
    *ROM Manager added to /data/app because it's useful and ClockworkMod recovery is better than others. Select Buzz (Wildfire) when selecting recovery. (Can be removed by user if they wish)
    *Voice Search added to /data/app since users were having trouble finding it in Market (again, can be removed by user)
    *Alarm works correctly now (I have tested multiple times and it works fine for me in this version)
    *Nano text editor installed
    *Busybox updated to 1.17.1
    *White Theme Patch released

Changelog for v1.7:
    *Issue fixed where, after flashing, no default ringtone and notification tone would be set
    *Added HTC Device Status Widget
    *Updated Superuser to 2.3.5

Known bugs:
    *Superuser giving Force Close on v1.7. If you experience this, reinstall Superuser from Market. If it still doesn't work, flash v1.6 until I find a fix.

The new Black Theme Patch v3.2 (for v1.4+ ONLY) contains the theme from Sense 2.1 including lockscreen, status bar and icons! Flash in the same way you flash the ROM and old Black Theme. Thanks to JoOoSs for this theme!

The White Theme Patch v1.0 (for v1.4+ ONLY) is a buggy patch made by myself containing the White Theme from the Orange ROM. It is early in development and some things don't display correctly. Everything does still function correctly though.

The Overclock Kernel patch (for all versions) includes the kernel that ralle.gade made for KiljackenROM, which I have compiled from source. (Source available here) This kernel includes tattoo-hack and enables overclock to 710MHz, swap functionality and more. To overclock the CPU you'll have to use SetCPU (available on the market or here at xda if you search) or overclock widget. I would include SetCPU but the developer has requested that it isn't included in ROMs.
    IMPORTANT: SetCPU will allow you to set anything up to 748MHz, however, if you go past 710, then SetCPU (and the phone) will freeze up. If you go no higher than 710MHz you'll be fine (although I don't recommend going over 700 as it may become unstable) :D
    There are bugs in this kernel, and quite a few of them. adb may not function properly, and camera only works if CPU scaling is set to performance. THESE BUGS WILL BE FIXED SOON. :D

Please try it and let me know what you think. If there are any suggestions you have or features which you feel need adding, tell me. I made this ROM to be as close to the original ROM as possible, but with the basic things that I need to have in my ROM such as root :)

Remember to do a nandroid backup before flashing and if you experience any problems, try a full wipe and re-flash to see if they persist before leaving a comment.

Screenshots are attached below. As you can see, it's nothing fancy :)

Donate here if you like my work.

Downloads:

ROM
    Download HCDR.ROM v1.7 here! (Mirror)

Patches
    Download the Overclock Kernel patch here!

Download Black Theme v3.2 by JoOoS for v1.4+ here! (Black Theme Supercirkle Mod - with icon fix at 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 10% and 0%)

Download White Theme v1.0 by HCDR.Jacob for v1.4+ here!

Download danne_jo's supercirkle mod for v1.4+ here! (Details) (Update: Link changed. Error where battery would show original icon at 100% has been fixed by danne_jo and myself, please redownload. New fix coming soon, I found another bug.)

Old Versions:
    Download HCDR.ROM v1.6 here
    Download HCDR.ROM v1.5 here
    Download De-odexed Black Theme Patch v1 for v1.4+ here
    Download v1.4 Here
    Download Black Theme Patch v1 for v1.0-v1.3 Here (Mirror)
    Download v1.3 Here (Mirror)
    Download v1.2 Here (Mirror)
    Download v1.1 Here(Mirror)
    Download v1.0 Here
    Hi to all, i tried to install this ROM but it's giving me errors.
    I'm using Clockwork Recovery, do i have to use maverick recovery?

Thank's
    hi
    the developer of this rom has stopped development and has moved to wildfire:)
    but ur right this one was made for Maverick recover:)

but this is an old 1.6 if u have clockwork then u should look at the most recent 2.3.3 available for our roms:)
    extracting the updated Vending.apk and installing it in this rom should work.
    Theoretically yes, will try, tnx.

ADD:
    Man, i ran adb pull /system/app/Vending.apk C:\rtattoo
    Was that enough? I mean, should i pull anything else (market updates, etc)? Because this apk is rather small in size, only 1146kb, old patched one was 1158kb.

ADD ONE MORE TIME:

Guys, it worked.
    Here u can obtain original market: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wrw9tdzhveoqvgh/Vendingtrue.apk
    Then replace existing in the ROM with aforementioned one, it will update itself and you're done!
    All links are down, please re-upload