CyanogenMod 9 - Bug report / Discussion thread / FAQ

Search This thread

TheGatorade

Mar 18, 2012
Turin
A few bugs I have:

1. The browser often has download problems, when I try to download the same thing with opera it always works.

2. If you use 4x1 Contact-widget and your phone is idle for a long time (at night) there is just the widget with "loading" but doesn't load anything and you don't have your contact linked there.

3. Sometimes Screenshots aren't working, the phone can't load the pictures it has done. So it does take the picture but isn't able to show the picture -> That's the reason why I wasn't able to attach a screenshot of problem 2/3. I think those aren't so easy to understood, because my English isn't the best. ;)

Hope you understand what I mean :)

JuLiian
Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

Try another app for screenshots, like Screenshot UX and tell us if it worked.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA on CyanogenMod 9

JuLiian

Oct 9, 2010
Wiesbaden
Tried screenshot UX but the same problem :/ if it is just my problem, maybe a re-flash helps,could that be?

JuLiian

Oct 9, 2010
Wiesbaden
Yes I'll do it when I'm back at home :)
Ehm I asked evilisto about changing lockscreen wallpaper to a different then homescreen has, and he answered me:
evilisto said:
Adding lockscreen wallpaper is not much difficult, but it require some source code changes. So you have to compile from source code..

See this links. (from AOKP github)
add phone lockscreen wallpapers
add simple lockscreen wallpaper implementation

Regards,
evilisto

I don't understand this, is anyone able to do this? :)
Thanks in advance.

richxiong

Feb 18, 2011
Singapore
"It was the internal sd card for me. It suddenly stopped happening though after doing some kernel changes, and I haven't experienced it since."

Thank you for the reply. Maybe because I swapped; I am quite sure that's the same issue I am facing as you did earlier on. I would look forward to the kernel changes in the next release. :)

Last edited:

Fensterbank

Apr 3, 2012
When I connect the samsung with my PC, how can I go then to my external SD card? I see just the internal sd card.

itsJoeClark

Apr 4, 2012
Thanks!

Hey guys, thank you so much for the ROM, I knew this phone could run ICS, and I knew it was BS when Samsung didnt officially make a ROM, especially for a phone thats so new, but oh wells, I think the cleaner ICS experience Cyanogenmod brings anyway :)

If anyone doesn't want to install it just yet because of the camera issues or something else, I have a video thats a little more in-depth than some of the others, so if you want to see it in action, just search HyperkidZero on youtube and click on my channel, the Galaxy W video will be there :) (cant post links since im a new user) :)

anyway thanks so much for the ROM :)

Reactions: THE-E

sparta20

Mar 30, 2012
I can't send file in format apk with blutooth or other files while with gingerbread works.

If I have been helpful, hit the button thanks

THE-E

Mar 7, 2006
I can't send file in format apk with blutooth or other files while with gingerbread works.

So the issue is: Sending files using Bluetooth ?

If so, can you describe which app you are using and how you try to do it ?

greets

THE-E

Last edited:

tanveer55

Dec 28, 2011
No problem. You can use the "Play Music" player from Google instead of the stock. The. You are able to controlled music on lockscreen like with the stock.
In our country (I'm also German ;) ) it isn't available at the moment(I'm not 100% sure so look you can also search at the play store) but you can download it here in xda or I can give you the apk if you want to try it out. :D

Please send me the apk of play music.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA

memelizer

Oct 13, 2010
here is my report:

. aside from the other previously listed bugs/issues, gmail emails becomes a white blank screen when i touch the screen to scroll up/down/next/previous message

. turning mobile data on/off has a certain delay

my wishlist is to have the option to change the font like the native feature of our sgw on stock

sparta20

Mar 30, 2012
So the issue is: Sending files using Bluetooth ?

If so, can you describe which app you are using and how you try to do it ?

greets

THE-E

Yes, that's right. I used astro manager and when I try to send a file with blutooth, it doesn't work. While With gingerbread that works

Deimozs

Mar 19, 2011
Sometimes if I switch to silent mode and plug-in the USB cable the silent mode is gone. Not instantly but after a while.
Anyone got the same problem?

Today morning I watched the vibrate-symbol and suddenly it was gone and the phone was on loud-mode. No USB-cable connected, just turned the alarm clock off and about 5 seconds after that it happened.

THE-E

Mar 7, 2006
Last edited:

Thiso

Mar 16, 2010
@THE-E: I confirm the problem and the solution by removing Sim lock on Belgian carrier proximus.

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

Reactions: THE-E

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    in7kew.jpg

Bug report / Discussion thread / FAQ

Latest CyanogenMod 9 and Developer Thread

Bugs: (UPDATED UP TO PAGE 212) STATUS

Major issues:
    - White Bug: While scrolling the mail turns to a white screen (Facebook, GMail) [1][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] (Beta 4) - useful conclusion
    - Bluetooth: autoconnect does not work properly [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] (Beta 4)
    - Ringtones: not repeating [1] [2] (Beta 4)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    - WiFi: autoconnect does not work [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] (Beta 3) - possible fix
    - Camera/Videocamera: crashes with video effect(smile, big eye) [1] [2] [3] [4] (Beta 3)
    - phone app: calls often disconnect / phone sometimes reboots while in call [1] [2] [3] [4] (Beta 3)

Single issues: (These need to be confirmed)
    - SMS-Notifications: stopped working [1](Beta 4)
    - Bluetooth: Bluetooth Device Settings do not work correctly [1] (Beta 4)
    - System: If Hotspot is switched on, system gets instable [1] (Beta 4)
    - Mobile Network: not connecting to 3G networks [1] (Beta 4)
    - Ringtones: is not being played repeatedly [1] [2](Beta 3)
    - System: phone turns off by itself, eating the battery change in the process [1] (Beta 3)
    - System: Phone shuts down itself [1](Beta 3)
    - System: SMS messaging [1](Beta 3)
    - System: phone reboots randomly [1](Beta 3)
    - System: statusbar does not show up [1](Beta 3)
    - Bluetooth: Phones Reboot after turning on the Bluetooth [1] [2] (Beta 3)
    - Camera: Photo taken from camera IN PORTRAIT MODE [1](Beta 3)
    - Phone-App: Calls often disconnect [1](Beta 3)
    - Camera: Camera colours' distorted [1](Beta 3)

App issues:
    Waze: lag and freeze when navigating [1] (Beta 4)
    - Play Store: sometimes can't install app [1] [2] (Beta 3)
    - Waze: screen still auto lock even though prevent auto lock is checked in Waze [1] (Beta 3)
    - Viber: audio is on loudspeaker [1] [2] [3](Beta 3)
    - Tango: force close at call [1] (Beta 3)
    - RunKeeper: hen save activity, RunKeeper crashes and closed [1] [2](Beta 3)
    - VPNC Widget: VPN connection lost [1] (Beta 3)
    - AnTuTu Benchmark: 2D/3D Benchmark [1] (Beta 3)
    - Alarm-App: does not ring [1] (Beta 3)
    - WhatsApp: The Vibration does not work [1] (Beta 3)

Game issues:
    Angry Birds Star Wars: crashes after few minutes [1] (Beta 4)
    - GTA 3: freezes [1] [2] (Beta 3)

@everybody who reported bugs for previous versions:
    Would you please test the problem and report whether it has changed in latest version or not ?

Working/Non-Working Status

If you have any suggestions, bugs, corrections, please let me know.
    How to post a bug:

How to post a bug:

Please copy the following code in your post and fill in the information:

HTML:
    [B]Version:[/B] CM9 - Beta 3
    [B]App/Game/Subject:[/B] WRITE HERE APPNAME
    [B]Bugtitle:[/B] WRITE HERE BUGTITLE
    [B]Description:[/B] WRITE HERE DESCRIPTION

Explanation:

Version: If your current ROM differs from the latest version, please update to the latest one, in order to report a bug.

App/Game/Subject: e.g. Gallery, Facebook, Camera, Battery, System, GTA 3 etc.

Bugtitle: Describe the bug in a few words

Description: Describe the bug in detail, so the developer or user does not need to ask for further information.

You can post as many bugs in one post you like, but please list them all seperated and not all in one!

Example:
    Version: CM9 - Beta 3
    App: Facebook
    Bugtitle: White screen after start
    Description: When I start the Facebook app, the screen where the posts should be listed turns white. Only while scrolling the posts appear.
    APN and pin lock issue is fixed for next build, both CM9 and CM10.
    However, it works for me on RC2 (although the AP is very old — ASUS WL-500g Deluxe, Broadcom chipset, 802.11g, using WPA2-PSK). But I set it up on alpha4 and did not perform any wipes since then.

Strange, cause nothing has been changed regarding wifi between RC2 and RC3.

cm9 RC3 can't record video using front camera..am i the only one?

Confirmed. Was caused by frame rate fix for back camera. I fixed it for front camera now, and compiled a new camera.msm7x30.so
    Push it to system/lib/hw and reboot.

Preview and recording should be a lot smoother now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1mua8u68ul7ra7a
    FAQ:

How can I update this ROM?
    Unless exceptions aren't mentioned, you simply have to flash the latest ZIP-file of the ROM using CWM. You files should stay untouched, but still it is always recommended to make a backup.

Does it support my language?
    CyanogenMod (9) is multilingual, so it supports all common language in the world.

How can I update my basebandversion?
    a) You can flash the Baseband from here.
    or
    b) Make a Nandroid backup of your current CM9 -> wipe everything -> Flash the latest stock ROM from your region via ODIN ->
    flash ClockWorkMod -> wipe everything -> flash CM9 -> restore data.

What is CWM ?
    CWM stands for ClockWorkMod. It is a custom Recovery which enables complete backups (Nandroid backup) and complete restores.
    (HowTo install)

What are GApps?
    GApps stands for GoogleApps. Google Apps = Google Play Store, Google Calender ...
    Due to copyright, CyanogenMod is not allowed to implement GoogleApps directly in their ROMs, that is why you have to install it manually.

How do I install or update Google Mail?
    Due to copyright, CyanogenMod is not allowed to implement Google Mail directly in their ROMs, that is why you have to install/update it manually:
    Follow this link on your device and open it with the Google Play Store: click here

Where do I find the external SD on CM9 ?
    The directory has changed (The following are the directories before swapping):
    external(physical) SD card: /external_sd/ or /mnt/external_sd/
    internal SD card: /sdcard/ or /mnt/sdcard/

How do I swap the internal and external SD on CM9 ?
    Settings -> Storage->Menu-Button->Storage configuration (a restart might be necessary)

How do I activate MTP on CM9 ?
    Settings ->Storage->Menu-Button->USB connection->mark MTP

How do I enable brightness control for the notification bar?
    Settings -> System ->Status bar ->Activate brightness control
    Now you can use the notification bar to control the brightness.(wipe on it left and right)
    Source

My phone restarts randomly after update?
    Note: All your Data will stay untouched (Backup/Restore)
    1.Open ClockWorkMod->backup and restore->backup to externl sdcard
    2.wipe data/factory reset
    3.wipe cache partition(not sure if needed)
    4.install zip from sdcard->choose the latest CM9 version
    5.advanced restore from external sdcard->choose backup->Restore data
    6.reboot

The battery of my device drains rapidly fast, what can I do?
    After flashing a new ROM you will have to do several(5+) charging cycle in order to get a calibrated battery.
    There are also battery calibration apps, such as Battery Calibration which help you with the battery calibration. Long story short: Be patient.

My Data connections / Adding APNs doesn't work, what can I do?
    It is a known bug in (Alpha 1). Flash this zip to solve this bug.

What is a funny SIM card ?
    A funny SIM card, is a SIM card which provides GSM connection, but does not let you enable data connection, because APNs can't be added.(only on CyanogenMod)Flash this zip to solve this bug.