[Recovery][05.04.2014][tf701t] CWM 6.0.4.7 Advanced Edition / PhilZ Touch 6.25.9

Search This thread

EricXson

Oct 22, 2006
I reinstalled CROMi-X 7.0.3 totally clean, formatted everything but /boot and ext-sd (data/media/ needed a cleanup anyway, he, he), still the same. The speaker seems to be shot. But how installing or using Philz would cause this is beyond me. It's gotta be unrelated....
Same problem here. Sound is distorded :( (only in speaker)

tschmid

Feb 17, 2013
I dont have CROMI-X nor Philz recovery and my speaker also seems to be shot. Thats an Asus build quality problem, speaker has arrived end of life

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Just checking back concerning the following issue:

Has anyone been able to determine whether the speaker issues that some of us have encountered are actually related to this recovery, or whether they are just a coincidence involving the TF701T's hardware expire date?

In other words, how many of you have flashed this recovery with a recent 4.4.x ROM and not had any speaker issues?

Thank you very much.
.​

michaave

Dec 27, 2010
Just checking back concerning the following issue:

Has anyone been able to determine whether the speaker issues that some of us have encountered are actually related to this recovery, or whether they are just a coincidence involving the TF701T's hardware expire date?

In other words, how many of you have flashed this recovery with a recent 4.4.x ROM and not had any speaker issues?

Thank you very much.
.​

Just flashed it, installed CROMI-X. No sound issues here!

Reactions: YayYouFixedIt

Trel725

Jan 30, 2014
Just have installed CM 12 via this recovery. All right.

Can't say anything about sound, because speakers in my tablet are completely dead.

YayYouFixedIt

Nov 21, 2012
Just have installed CM 12 via this recovery. All right.

Can't say anything about sound, because speakers in my tablet are completely dead.

Oh do you mean your speakers were always dead before using the recovery? So far I think the recovery is ok.

One thing that might be interesting but possibly unrelated:

The only sound issues I ever had was on my nexus 7 2012 after replacing the usb port I got off ebay.
It wasnt charging cause they made faulty usb ports that way.
I cant say whether sound is related to the new usb port or whether it was related to maybe cm12.
I do think its the new usb port I replaced myself.

However one thing is for sure the nexus 7 2012 is an older asus device, and secondly with 4.4.4 the sound it is not as bad.

Trel725

Jan 30, 2014
My speakers died when I was setting up Alsa in Linux. I made something wrong, probably gave high-frequency noise to speakers. They became hot and demagnitized a little. That is not a problem to replace it, but I prefer headphones.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hmm I am having the opposite. I haven't made it through a single install yet without recovery completely locking up.

I can't find any logs that indicate what went wrong. Anyone else seeing this?

doom_71

Oct 6, 2010
Caught somewhere in time
Hmm I am having the opposite. I haven't made it through a single install yet without recovery completely locking up.

I can't find any logs that indicate what went wrong. Anyone else seeing this?

Installed b4 just now. After completing the installation it goes back to CWM and then it locks up. First hard reboot takes me back to the recovery. After selecting reboot system the tab reboots normally and i get into the setup. No errors at all since then.

The installation is done completely so the problem will be in restarting the recovery after installation. Maybe let the tab reboot automatically after the setup is complete?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Installed b4 just now. After completing the installation it goes back to CWM and then it locks up. First hard reboot takes me back to the recovery. After selecting reboot system the tab reboots normally and i get into the setup. No errors at all since then.

The installation is done completely so the problem will be in restarting the recovery after installation. Maybe let the tab reboot automatically after the setup is complete?

I had that same issue once as well - I suspect that the recovery just doesn't clean up some of the tmp files in that case - but all other installs failed to install. Graphically it had glitches and was slow too so I wonder if it is related to the gui elements somehow.

doom_71

Oct 6, 2010
Caught somewhere in time
I had that same issue once as well - I suspect that the recovery just doesn't clean up some of the tmp files in that case - but all other installs failed to install. Graphically it had glitches and was slow too so I wonder if it is related to the gui elements somehow.

I also experienced the installation to be slow. I didn't have the other issues you mentioned.

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
I am SO psyched about this! Can we now get a TWRP for our tablet? We should be able to integrate touch drivers using the same principle into TWRP!
When I connect my TF701T to my Laptop, it doesn't find the device. I looked all over for drivers (Win7) and cannot find any. I did follow the instructions. Anyone know where drivers can be found? Or am I just missing something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Main thread + features + install instructions + dev support
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201860

WARNING...

VERY IMPORTANT:

Some people were having SOUND ISSUES since flashing the new touch recovery mentioned later below. If you do not want to risk having what MAY BE PERMANENT sound issues it is better to not flash this.

Here is an updated philz touch advanced recovery 6.59.0/6.0.5.1 (fully working with touch afaik,no longer officially supported)

Possible past sound issues hopefully unrelated. Here is an updated philz touch advanced recovery 6.59.0/6.0.5.1 (fully working with touch afaik,no longer officially supported)

WARNING:

Possible past sound issues.
    Seems to be unrelated.
    Sound is ok here.

Read the thread. Decide for yourself.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6n91kqmwzwe7wdw/philz_touch_recovery.img?dl=0

Thanks to all who helped.
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

To reboot into bootloader:
    adb reboot-bootloader

To try the recovery before flashing:
    fastboot boot recovery.img

To permanently flash the recovery:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Thanks goes to Phil3759. pershoot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6n91kqmwzwe7wdw/philz_touch_recovery.img?dl=0
    Here is working version of touch recovery. Thanks to Bogdacutu and his project rm-wrapper: https://github.com/Bogdacutu/RM-Wrapper
    I think I will try to compile this with the most recent version including the touch code if that's not going to be too difficult. I just hope I won't have a permanent sound prob. I did not have a sound prob but then again I didn't try it very much. So we'll see.
    Installed CROMi-X 7.1 b2 with this recovery. No issues whatsoever. Sound is still as it was before. Very happy to finally have a touch recovery!
    I dont have CROMI-X nor Philz recovery and my speaker also seems to be shot. Thats an Asus build quality problem, speaker has arrived end of life

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk
    Yeah, that's what I think. They seem to have a built-in expire date....