DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Guys, you're asolutely f***ing amazing. Congrats.

Do you mean Command prompt in ADB or windows?
In Windows command prompt. But ou need fastboot installed.
This is only fist shot. If you dont know really what im talking about, then please wait for another image with good instructions :p

I can confirm, that it work, many thanks.

Edit - it work, but i cant downloads anything from Market, so back to stock version without root. Will wait on new kernel

If you get market problems go ot Settings -> Apps -> ... -> Search for the market in the list and then delete Data of the App. After that all will work fine.

Regards

Reactions: e3sssar

Cholek3

Aug 11, 2010
Sheffield, UK
In Windows command prompt. But ou need fastboot installed.
This is only fist shot. If you dont know really what im talking about, then please wait for another image with good instructions :p

I know roughly what you are talking about.:D I know command prompt, although I never used fastboot, as I only owned X10 (until I dropped it and USB port snapped:) ), so never had to/wanted to unlock bootloader this way. But I want to learn, that's why I am reading all this now, and I need to ask about something I am not sure of.

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Just go through the unlock bootloader process and then you will know what fastboot is ;)
After that just type my comamnd with my file in the same directory and you will be done.

Regards

Reactions: r33p and Cholek3

chesterr

Nov 27, 2010
Galle
If I were you I would wait till I get ICS on the phone then unlock the bootloader and root the phone.

Cholek3

Aug 11, 2010
Sheffield, UK
Quick question. It just wonders me. Sony "supports" unlocking bootloader, which is more dangerous than root. Why rooting is not supported then? Is it because we could unistall third party aplications and Sony has some sort of agreements with them and are obligated by law?

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Quick question. It just wonders me. Sony "supports" unlocking bootloader, which is more dangerous than root. Why rooting is not supported then? Is it because we could unistall third party aplications and Sony has some sort of agreements with them and are obligated by law?

No you are getting the idea wrong ;)
Long ago we discussed alot with SonyEricsson and together decided this is the best way of doing it.

The reason is simple:
Rooting alone does not give you access to all partitions etc. pp See X10 Forums for that. Sony is very good in hiding partitions ;)
With a bootloader unlock we get fully workable fastboot. We are able to write all partitions and change what we want. (Root too)
Also Sony(Ericsson) is able to track who unlocks and who not AND is able to provide a check mechanism to forbid unlocking of phones which are not owned by the user (for example provider branded phones in contract, the phone is usually property of the provider).
So this is the reason. Unlocked bootloader gives us nearly full access, so no need to worry ;) I am in this game since X10 times (like you or not :D ?)and we always got the phones working like we wanted.
Our work for CM9 on XPS has started now too.

Regards

Cholek3

Aug 11, 2010
Sheffield, UK
Long ago we discussed alot with SonyEricsson and together decided this is the best way of doing it.

The reason is simple:
Rooting alone does not give you access to all partitions etc. pp See X10 Forums for that. Sony is very good in hiding partitions ;)
With a bootloader unlock we get fully workable fastboot. We are able to write all partitions and change what we want. (Root too)
Also Sony(Ericsson) is able to track who unlocks and who not AND is able to provide a check mechanism to forbid unlocking of phones which are not owned by the user (for example provider branded phones in contract, the phone is usually property of the provider).
So this is the reason. Unlocked bootloader gives us nearly full access, so no need to worry ;) I am in this game since X10 times (like you or not :D ?)and we always got the phones working like we wanted.

Regards
See, I was not aware of that "agreement".:) Now everything seems to make sense. I am android user since I bought X10 back in August 2010. I was more or less following XDA since then as well, but this forum is worldwide community and is almost imposible to keep a track on everything. I would consider myself somewhere between rookie and advanced users. I know how to do certain things (root, how to use ADB, I was changing framwork_res.apk for my own purposes, etc.). My point also is, I am more hardware sort of guy, rather than software. That's why I am glad you guys are here with us.:)

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
My point also is, I am more hardware sort of guy, rather than software. That's why I am glad you guys are here with us.:)

Hehe no problem. I'm hardware and software guy ;)

Will this wipe the phone data or only the system partition ?

Well no. But the first step is that you need to unlock bootloader and THIS WILL wipe your data. To flash the systempartition itself will not wipe userdata.

Yes, I agree. But myself, I will wait for root for phones with locked bootloader as well. I assume I will be happy with phone speed, but when CM9 comes out, then I will consider unlockin bootloader.

Your choice, i hope too that we will get a nice exploit again soon. But i personally have to time to work on an exploit.

Regards

hasan_abeer

Jul 17, 2008
thanks sir at all
every thing is ok bootloader is unlocked now and root is ok
just i face a problem when i restored 340 (programs+games) through titanium backup pro ...... and when opening just only setting application my phone force close setting menu .......i dont know why although i still have 330 mb free in app
thanks in advanced

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
thanks sir at all
every thing is ok bootloader is unlocked now and root is ok
just i face a problem when i restored 340 (programs+games) through titanium backup pro ...... and when opening just only setting application my phone force close setting menu .......i dont know why although i still have 330 mb free in app
thanks in advanced

So you restored with Titanium. Since Titanium is a Root app and you don't had Root before i think you are trying to restore a backup from another phone.
If you do that you have to assure that you ONLY RESTORE APPS and NOT SETTINGS! Settings from another phone will be most likely incompatible.
So this wil be your problem!

Regards

hasan_abeer

Jul 17, 2008
So you restored with Titanium. Since Titanium is a Root app and you don't had Root before i think you are trying to restore a backup from another phone.
If you do that you have to assure that you ONLY RESTORE APPS and NOT SETTINGS! Settings from another phone will be most likely incompatible.
So this wil be your problem!

Regards

thanks sir i do so restore app+data from samsung galaxy note ........what is the best way to restore :
could i reset my phone through setting+pivacy+factory data reset without affecting root or i must reflash this rom in order to save root
thanks again for your hard job
rgrds

Bin4ry

Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
thanks sir i do so restore app+data from samsung galaxy note ........what is the best way to restore :
could i reset my phone through setting+pivacy+factory data reset without affecting root or i must reflash this rom in order to save root
thanks again for your hard job
rgrds

Restore only Apps in Titanium not Data! If you factory reset the phone root is still there ;)

Regards

Reactions: hasan_abeer

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
Thread cleaned guys.

Constructive posts only, if you want to say thanks then hit the thanks button.;)

hasan_abeer

Jul 17, 2008
to whom it concern for call recorder over this rom works like a charm both sides very clear and great loud
just use callrecorder by SKVALEX(green color) from market with choosing recording calls from kernel with 2 way recording patch(root required) option
+wav format

enjoy my friends
great thanks to mr Bin4ry for rooting rom
rgrds

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For unlocked bootloaders only!

Please use the recovery now to root any firmware!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1596285

Just flash the SuperSU cwm zip with recovery and your phone will be rooted. To download SuperSU visit this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

Regards

The reason is simple:

Regards
    For unlocked bootloaders only!

Download:
    http://eddy.uni-duisburg.de/bin4ry/system_xps_prerooted_63fw.img

Connect device in fastboot mode (blue LED).
    Open Command prompt and type:

fastboot flash system system_xps_prerooted_63fw.img

This will give you root immediatly after reboot!

A nicer way will come soon. But this should solve first problems :p

Regards

ERRRR u beat me to it :p
    Can someone re-post the img without root explorer in it then ? pleaaaase ! :)

Done it properly with make_ext4 rather than with my experiments further up the thread :)

screenshot_2012-03-17_1720.png

No hidden extras, it contains only the files in Bin4ry's original img, just re-sized the partition to 1073741824 bytes (see screenshot above)

download from hotfile or ul.to

sys_xps_root_67_1g.img md5sum: df5c0170f7b03a82809b41c71decb9bd

Usual disclaimers apply, use at your own risk..
    append zeros with dd, then use resize2fs..
    By the way I think the image you are creating is too large. I tried a 1GB image and it's too large to flash.

Hint, use make_ext4fs to create a "sparse" image for fastboot.
    I already built a system.img and proved work as following link.

LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR.