"Odin Downloader has stopped working"

Search This thread

kelevra7

Jul 13, 2012
Only one button, "Close program" is available to me. What do I do?

Further info:

• I followed the steps in this post to the letter: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671969 (which I also verified using a video on youtube)
  • The Odin window is fuzzy white but I can see it got to the stage Check MDF /// Please wait
  • I was in the process of flashing stock firmware taken from Intratech's androidfirmware.net site.
  • The phone is brand new, I was flashing back to stock from AOKP because of an issue with the phone calls not sending or receiving any sound

EDIT: After 5 minutes, I faced my fate and clicked it. I tried again with Odin v1.85 to no avail. The program also crashed 2 seconds into the process. Have I bricked my brand new phone? :crying:

Last edited:

zodiaxe66

Nov 19, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Only one button, "Close program" is available to me. What do I do?

Further info:

• I followed the steps in this post to the letter: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671969 (which I also verified using a video on youtube)
  • The Odin window is fuzzy white but I can see it got to the stage Check MDF /// Please wait
  • I was in the process of flashing stock firmware taken from Intratech's androidfirmware.net site.
  • The phone is brand new, I was flashing back to stock from AOKP because of an issue with the phone calls not sending or receiving any sound

EDIT: After 5 minutes, I faced my fate and clicked it. I tried again with Odin v1.85 to no avail. The program also crashed 2 seconds into the process. Have I bricked my brand new phone? :crying:

Hi again, if u can get into download mode you're OK. If not ,u need to buy a USB jig from ebay to get into download mode.

If u can get into download mode,do this..go to development forum and download "galaxy s3 toolkit v3" and Dl. To pc.
Now go to samfirmware.com and register. Go to galaxy s3 firmware and select LFB rom and download it to your PC. Extract the zip file so u end up with 3 files(maybe5) u need PDA, phone and csc files. Put in place on your PC so its easy to find. Now run the toolkit and follow instructions on how to flash.(use numbers to navigate and enter to select)

Ps. Password is samfirmware.com to extract the rom.
write me if u need assistance or here

kelevra7

Jul 13, 2012
Odin downloads nothing its an installer .

One stop Kies running via Task Manager
Two connect with Samsung USB cable to a mainboard port only .
Three i suggest you download a new copy of the firmware and also of Odin just in case .

Four start again following instructions as posted here .

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671969

jje

Hi JJE, thanks for the reply!

This was indeed the guide that I was following. Yet I have repeated the steps to no avail. The phone now hangs at the SAMSUNG screen and glows when I try and switch it on normally.

This was in fact the second version of the same firmware I am trying to flash, the first being a hotfile download linked from this site. How should I proceed now?

zodiaxe66

Nov 19, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Hi JJE, thanks for the reply!

This was indeed the guide that I was following. Yet I have repeated the steps to no avail. The phone now hangs at the SAMSUNG screen and glows when I try and switch it on normally.

This was in fact the second version of the same firmware I am trying to flash, the first being a hotfile download linked from this site. How should I proceed now?

Have u tried to reboot into download mode again?

kelevra7

Jul 13, 2012
Hi again, if u can get into download mode you're OK. If not ,u need to buy a USB jig from ebay to get into download mode.

If u can get into download mode,do this..go to development forum and download "galaxy s3 toolkit v3" and Dl. To pc.
Now go to samfirmware.com and register. Go to galaxy s3 firmware and select LFB rom and download it to your PC. Extract the zip file so u end up with 3 files(maybe5) u need PDA, phone and csc files. Put in place on your PC so its easy to find. Now run the toolkit and follow instructions on how to flash.(use numbers to navigate and enter to select)

Ps. Password is samfirmware.com to extract the rom.
write me if u need assistance or here

Hi again! Sorry to take up so much of your time :eek: Do you mind if I ask what the LFB rom is? I think I know how to get back to AOKP but I need to revert it to the stock firmware so I can return my handset.

kelevra7

Jul 13, 2012
Its just the latest firmware and samfirmware.com is "official" Samsung firmware site

You may want to try this

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=28644811&postcount=2

Worked for me

I also wiped using stock recovery afterwards

Thanks for the link but I cannot access CWM recovery. I have since fixed it by simply repeating the process with yet another version of the firmware. This time I followed it up with a factory reset that I accessed through [power+volume up+home] combination. I have used up my daily limit of thanks but will come back tomorrow to give credit where it's due. Thanks everybody.

sanu7210

Sep 16, 2015
Odin stop working when finally i click start button

Odin stop working after click start button and also i connect back panel usb port of cpu box
only one button, "close program" is available to me. What do i do?

Further info:

• i followed the steps in this post to the letter: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671969 (which i also verified using a video on youtube)
  • the odin window is fuzzy white but i can see it got to the stage check mdf /// please wait
  • i was in the process of flashing stock firmware taken from intratech's androidfirmware.net site.
  • the phone is brand new, i was flashing back to stock from aokp because of an issue with the phone calls not sending or receiving any sound

edit: After 5 minutes, i faced my fate and clicked it. I tried again with odin v1.85 to no avail. The program also crashed 2 seconds into the process. Have i bricked my brand new phone? :crying: