Freezing up on Both Nexus 7 2012 and 2013

Search This thread

choder

Feb 26, 2010
I have one 2012 nexus 7 and a 2013 2nd gen Nexus 7.

They both experience the same problem. They both randomly freeze or lock up when going to a different screen. For example if I click a browser link in my gmail app, it will freeze. The only way I have found to fix this is to press the recent apps button twice and then it will un freeze and go to the browser.

It will do this on any application or setting. It does not do this all the time. It does this about 70% of the time, and other times the tablet switches screens without a problem.

Here is a video that I took that shows the problem. I used the setting screen as an example.
I have searched and found no answers to this problem. I have even tried different roms to no luck.
This is an example on the nexus 7 2012

http://youtu.be/uHFezkqzjAw

arkolbus

Dec 6, 2011
I have one 2012 nexus 7 and a 2013 2nd gen Nexus 7.

They both experience the same problem. They both randomly freeze or lock up when going to a different screen. For example if I click a browser link in my gmail app, it will freeze. The only way I have found to fix this is to press the recent apps button twice and then it will un freeze and go to the browser.

It will do this on any application or setting. It does not do this all the time. It does this about 70% of the time, and other times the tablet switches screens without a problem.

Do you have the same apps installed on both? Might be worth uninstalling what's common and adding stuff until it breaks again.

choder

Feb 26, 2010
That makes sense. I will try uninstalling or freezing apps and see if that fixes it.
Thanks