[ROM][6.0.1_r68][Grouper|Tilapia]30Sep2016 FINAL] OmniROM 6.0.1-HOMEMAKE

Search This thread

daniel_hk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2

This is an unofficial build of OmniROM for Neuxs 7 (2012).
**Click the above logo to visit the official Omni site
I list some Extra info. and Q&A for MM in my other thread, it might be helpful :)

Release notes:
2016/9/30
Omni update to Android-6.0.1_r68 earlier and I have included a few things like USB & Bluetooth Tethering in the device tree. So I built another final update. :D As many of you would install Mods which might turn off the selinux. Seems no reason to release any security patches. With limited resources, it's time to move on. Bye :)
HISTORY:

2016/9/6
Omni stop the update of Android-6.0 earlier last month so this is the final update of Omni-6 :D

2016/8/8
This is the monthy update to Android 6.0.1_r62 (MTC20F). :D

2016/7/13
This is the Android 6.0.1_r54 (MTC19Z) version. ;)

2016/6/21
This is the monthy update to Android 6.0.1_r46. ;)

2016/5/26
This is a monthy update. ;)

2016/5/4
Omni had merged the 6.0.1_r43 source. In this build, I included the modification of activity manager and service in my DU. It provide some improvement in overall performance and memory management.
The ApkPermission script is updated. Hoping to aware of any combination of flashing. A wipe data/Factory reset will reactivate the script on the next boot. Cheers! :D

2016/4/20
Omni had merged the 6.0.1_r30 source. This is a version update. ;)

2016/4/10
This is an version update. Omni had merged the 6.0.1_r24 source. A few fixes were made in Performance Settings. The native AOSP "Tap to wake" settings is enabled. Cheers! :D

2016/3/24
Omni had merged the 6.0.1_r22 source. In this build, the camera is partially fixed. Video capture and preview are OK but the AOSP Camera app fail to connect to the buffer of the Camera HAL. Thus the picture remains at preview quality. I don't want to change the AOSP camera app too much and there are other apps so leave it for the time being. The latest DC-kernel features are also included. Cheers! ;)

2016/3/12
I have put some tests on the kernel. Seems I messed it up... :cyclops:. I just rebuild the last release. Omni has a few updates too so I rebuild Tilapia too. As a bonus, I enabled the zRAM in kernel. Hoping this end the sloppiness... :eek::

2016/3/11
Seems the last Omni not boot for grouper. I have removed the files from the host. I'm building another one now. I just pulled the battery out. I'm charging it directly now. I'll release again after testing for both.
Sorry for the troubles caused... :eek::

2016/3/10
Finally, Omni merge the 6.0.1_r17 source. It's been a while for an update. I was busy in job and other projects. :cyclops: After I few months, I'm itchy to try new things. :p I planed to move my daily driver to Dirty Unicorns.
As a closure, I want to get rid of all the know issues firs so I take a look at the last issue of our Tilapia and Grouper -- the Camera2 apk. It was just a simple wrong initial value cause that. The issue that bug every developers in this forum is finally fixed. :highfive:
I seldom quit. I think I would keep Omni up to date for a while. Might be a dual weekly, monthly or when new versions come. Cheers! :D
PS: Right before I finish the last build, the usb port of my Tilapia was dead.:( I just can't test it thoroughly before the battery flat. I had order the part but I don't know when it would arrived... :cyclops:

2016/2/28
It's been a while for an update. I was busy working on the Tegra3 support in Performance Settings. Layout, dialogs, preferences are time consuming boring routines but somebody got to do the dirty works. :cyclops: Minimum and maximum backlight, GPU frequency and various Voltage Controls are added now. Stand alone app for DC-kernel will be available shortly. A few bugs in settings are fixed and the fix for 3MinitBattery crash is also included. Cheers! ;)
Note: 1. New backlight limits will be activated after you change the brightness.
    2. Settings respond to the BOOT_COMPLETED signal for resuming the values.
     Features like DT2W, freq. and voltages might are not be available right after boot.

2016/2/17
In the last build, SystemUI would crash if 3MinitBattery apks not installed. This View attachment omni6-patch-20160217-nexus7.zip would fix the issue. Normal battery icon will be shown if 3MinitBattery is not installed. ;)

2016/2/15
This is just the weekly update. Latest Omni source is merged.

2016/2/6
Right after I uploaded the files, TeamWin released the TWRP-3.0.0-0. There were a few language update on top. However, tilapia still doesn't have the official update so I uploaded my TWRP-3.0.0-0 for tilapia too.
I just put a fix in the DT2W. Hoping it would be more reliable at deep sleep. If anyone interested to help testing, here is the test View attachment omni-boot-20160206-nexus7.img. :)

2016/2/5
Omni had merged the Android-6.0.1_r13 source now. I added two fine tune settings, double tab bound and duration to the DT2W settings. Hoping to increase the reliability and avoid false activations. This feature definitely consume power (no matter how little) so it is by default disabled.
There is a bug in Omni's init.d script. It can only start once after factory reset. I don't know why yet. I use the init.d for those settings need to be set early. It just fail to work so I have to revert to the traditional preference.
Note: 1. DT2W might not be started before the first suspend.
    2. At deep deep sleep, you might need a few more taps to wake the system.

TWRP has a different UI for some time but there is no official release yet. As a side product of building ROM, I'm using it myself for some time. I think it doesn't hurt to include it here. I had updated the F2FS driver and fixed the exFat support. I tagged it 2.8.7.4 for my other devices after a few patches. I keep the version number to differentiate with the official build only. Doesn't mean it is better. This is probably just a one time deal. ;)
Screenshot_20160205-155721.png 16_41_2808upper.png 16_42_3466upper.png 16_43_5155upper.png

2016/1/30
I have tried my new port of "double tap wakeup" for a few days. For those who want to join the test, flash this View attachment omni6-patch-20160130-nexus7.zip in recovery. Kernel and Settings will be updated in this patch. A new setting is added to the Advanced page of Performance Settings. Cheers! :D
Edit: I have already pushed the source to my github. No more e-mails and PM please. ;)
Screenshot_20160130-222345.png
2016/1/29
This is just the weekly release. Latest Omni source is merged.

2016/1/21
Since there are something missing in the last built, I release this build earlier. I finally fix the issue of audio not started after reboot. No more silly rotation to get it back now. :highfive:
After testing for sometime, I think performance settings are presentable. Voltage controls, LP core O/C and GPU O/C are enabled now. I can't guarantee it works for all devices but it works for me. TricksterMod seems to have better support for the new Tegra settings. The UID_CPUTIME support in kernel is also ready. Hoping everything is in the right place now. Cheers! :D

2016/1/17
A library is missing in the 20160115 build. Can't find the SIM card in Tilapia. The patch in post#47 would fix it. ;)

2016/1/15
Finally recover from the hard drive failure. After painful exercises, the new system is much slimmer. Some valuable data and junk are gone now. "Begin again" is not necessarily a bad thing. In this build, I included the Power tile and 3minit battery mod. For some security issue, Performance data was not persist after reboot. To fix this, PerformanceControl would ask for ROOT (once) now. There are issues in the other Governors. For the time being, just keep the default interactive.
Hoping nothing is missing after the crash. ;)

2016/1/7
Omni just merged the 6.0.1_r10 tree. It is also the time for my new build. After testing for some time, I think F2FS and other few patches are ready. My tilapia has been staying ON (With a few reboot to recovery flashing test builds) for over 10 days now. I'm not a gamer nor a frequent You Tuber so I can't represent neither of them. There might still be some glitches but good enough for myself as daily driver. :D

2015/12/30
I wait for a while for an MM to be my daily driver. I have a Tilapia which only have few choices. Dmitry's AOSP is quite good but lack of the "basic" features I was spoilt. I have tried a few ROMs in my other devices. I think Omni is the best for me so I added the device trees to my working directory. Dmitry's works make life much easier. I have added a few features and patches to the the Offical Omni. Cheers! ;)

Change log: :victory:
Code:
Official Omni [URL="https://changelog.omnirom.org/"]Change log[/URL]
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/9/30[/COLOR]
  - Final release of Omni-6 Android-6.0.1_r68 (MTC20L)
  - USB and Bluetooth tethering support
  - Kernel:Security update
  - Kernel:DT2W reliability patches
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/9/6[/COLOR]
  - Final release of Omni-6 Android-6.0.1_r62 (MTC20F)
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/8/8[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r62 (MTC20F)
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/7/13[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r54 (MTC19Z)
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/6/21[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r46 (MOB30M)
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/5/26[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r43 (MOB30J)
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/5/4[/COLOR]
  - Frameworks: Adjustments in activity manager and service
  - ApkPermission: Add a retry loop to wait for PM to start
  - ApkPermission: A done flag is added. Script will be disabled after permission is assigned.
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/4/20[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r30 (MOB30D)
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/4/10[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r24 (MHC19Q)
  - kernel: DT2W region increase to 50 pixels
  - PowerHAL: Adjusted to O/C frequencies
  - PowerHAL: Support the native AOSP "Tap to wake" feature
  - Settings: Native AOSP "Tap to wake" is enabled in Display settings
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/3/24[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r22 (MHC19J)
  - kernel: Fix a bug in DT2W
  - kernel: DT2W duration increase to 80ms
  - kernel: Include the kexec patch for MultiROM
  - PerformanceControl: Fix the Tegra3 settings crash at the first launch.
  - Camera apk : fix the crash when select video
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/3/10[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r17 (MMB29V)
  - kernel: zRAM support as promised
  - kernel: Change the permissions for CPU and governors so that performance apks would work.
  - kernel: Merge the rotation fix
  - Reinstate the much lighter AOSP browser to replace the bulky Chrome.
  - Fix the Camera apk from crash.
  - PerformanceControl: simplify the Helper functions.
  - Settings: fix a bug in Tegra3 settings
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/2/28[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r13 (MMB29U)
  - kernel: Add support for custom panel backlight limits
  - Settings: Add Tegra3 settings to Performance Settings
  - Tegra3: Add backlight limits, GPU freq and various voltage controls.
  - DT2W: Fix a bug in Settings
  - Settings: Update translations for zh-rCN, zh-rHK and zh-rTW
  - SystemUI: Fix the crash when 3Minit apks not installed
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/2/15[/COLOR]
  - Latest source from Omni
  - To unify with other developer's build, move rotation fix to kernel. This is for the DC-kernel update.
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/2/5[/COLOR]
  - kernel: Add support for double tap to wake (DT2W)
  - Settings: Add DT2W settings to Advanced page of Performance
  - DT2W: Add taping bound and duration settings
  - DT2W: Add translations for zh-rCN, zh-rHK and zh-rTW
  - Settings: revert to traditional preference for Set on Boot
  - SystemUI: Fix a bug in 3Minit port
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/1/29[/COLOR]
  - Fix a bug in SystemUI
  - Some adjustments to the Governors
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/1/21[/COLOR]
  - Fix audio not started after reboot.
  - Kernel: Enable Voltage control for CPU, GPU, LP core and RAM
  - Kernel: Enable GPU max. frequency control
  - Kernel: Add UID_CPUTIME support with power consumption settings
  - Kernel: Adjust a few settings in Governors
  - Reinstate stlport for Tilapia
  - Fix a bug in PerformanceControl
  - Fix a bug in QS
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/1/15[/COLOR]
  - To fix the permission issue at boot, PerformanceControl requires ROOT now.
  - Add the Power (screen off) Tile to QS. Short press:sleep, Long press:power menu.
  - Include the 3minit battery mod (v3.1) from Gary Harrington. 
  - kernel: fix a bug in F2FS
  - kernel: fine tune the CPU values
  - Chromium replace the default browser
[COLOR="Blue"]2016/1/7[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r10 (MMB29T)
  - kernel: Fix a bug in Voltage control
  - kernel: LP core O/C to 666Mhz
  - kernel: GPU max. set to 446Mhz
  - kernel: full F2FS support
  - kernel: time out for a few wakelocks
  - Fix rotation freeze after deep sleep
  - Include the journal_async_commit flag for ext4 partitions
[COLOR="Blue"]2015/12/30[/COLOR]
  - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r3 (MMB29M)
  - Dmitry's patches
  - gcc 4.9 to compile kernel & platform
  - kernel:CPU O/C and Voltage control
  - kernel:GPU O/C and more Governors 
  - Override the healthd
  - Add OTG support
  - Add screenshot tile to Quick settings
  - Add an init.d script to fix the permissions of Gapps
  - Add a Captive portal check switch to build prop.
  - Add Messaging
  - F2FS support (will be available later when kernel is ready)
  - Fixes to get Omni build.
  - Reinstate some Omni features (eg. reboot menu)
Know issues: :(
 1. Default Omni Wallpaper not show (Select with File explorer again will bring it back)
 2. Only the interactive Governor is complete. Other Governors might require adjustments.
 3. May be more....

Screenshots: :cowboy:
Screenshot_20151230-205756.png Screenshot_20151230-205807.png Screenshot_20151230-205833.png Screenshot_20151230-221217.png

Downloads: :highfive:
 Host: Android File Host mirror: 百度网盘

Gapps: ** We have a 650M system partition. Only pico Gapps can be installed.
All those with pico Gapps is recommended. (eg. OpenGapps)

** latest TWRP is recommended.
Omni is not rooted. To root, flash the latest systemless SuperSU(2.6x) from @Chainfire in recovery.

Source: :cool:
 kernel & device trees on Github

Credits: :good:
 ** The OmniROM team who have such a good idea and their hardworks
 ** Dmitry Grinbeg for his work making our life easier.
 ** All those who donate and/or help the developers. Giving us the resources and reason to carry on.
 ** @Chainfire for the great SuperSU

Donations: :angel:

show.htm

Last edited:

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Great. I am using OmniRom4.4. Definitely gonna try this one. Thanks for the efforts u put into it.
Omni is always one of my favourite.;)

Looks great! Any recommandations regarding the need to upgrade Bootloader/Radio or anything else before switching to MM Omni?
I haven't updated those for months so I think you may try directly.

Title says 30OCT... Might wanna correct that
Yeah! That's a good example of "overlook".... Whatever corrections and suggestions are welcome.:D

Happy New Years!

Last edited:

KawaiiAurora

Jun 27, 2015
Omni is always one of my favourite.;)

I haven't updated those for months so I think you may try directly.

Yeah! That's a good example of "overlook".... Whatever corrections and suggestions are welcome.:D

Happy New Years!
Lol :3 Good job on porting OmniROM! Hmm, does OmniRom contain a custom switcher like Slimrom does with Slimrecents?

wrkerr

Mar 14, 2014
This is fantastic! Thank you so much! How awesome to find a build of OmniROM on the latest AOSP.

I didn't realize OmniROM was still being actively developed on this level, but this really is a great ROM. I was a big fan of OmniROM back in 2014, but lost interest when it seemed to take forever for them to get a stable release of Lollipop together---turns out Android never really produced a stable release in the 5.x AOSP branch. lol

I feel pretty confident that this will be my daily driver on my N7 for a while now, so long as it stays current with new releases of AOSP. It has just the right amount of minimalistic customization built in, without needless or buggy features. I love that I can adjust the CPU clock speed right the settings, and that there is a beautifully simple dark theme built in.

Two quick questions though...
1) Does this (or could it) include some of the performance boosters that @AndDiSa has in his excellent ROM, namely the "low memory device," and ZRAM tweaks?
2) Will the built in OpenDelta system for incremental system updates work? That feature was killer back in 2014.

For anyone not familiar with the process or unsure of what to do, here are the steps I took:
1) Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache.
2) In TWRP 2.8.7.0... Flash current omni-6.0.1 zip.
3) Flash current OpenGapps pico. (http://opengapps.org/)
4) Flash current BETA-SuperSU-v2.65. (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64161125&postcount=3)
5) Flash one of the current remove journaling .zips floating around. (e.g. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2280496)
6) Boot tablet, and after setup install the Trimmer app and set to run fstrim daily. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fifthelement.trimmer)
7) Increase to max CPU clock speed in Settings > Performance.

I mostly use this tablet for reading, browsing, email, and texting, so I can't comment on things like gaming performance, camera, music playback, etc. (I removed those apps). That being said, so far performance and stability seem to be the best I've seen on this tablet yet, and I don't notice any problems or anything not working.

Great work!

Last edited:

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
This is fantastic! Thank you so much! How awesome to find a build of OmniROM on the latest AOSP.

I didn't realize OmniROM was still being actively developed on this level, but this really is a great ROM. I was a big fan of OmniROM back in 2014, but lost interest when it seemed to take forever for them to get a stable release of Lollipop together---turns out Android never really produced a stable release in the 5.x AOSP branch. lol

I feel pretty confident that this will be my daily driver on my N7 for a while now, so long as it stays current with new releases of AOSP. It has just the right amount of minimalistic customization built in, without needless or buggy features. I love that I can adjust the CPU clock speed right the settings, and that there is a beautifully simple dark theme built in.

Two quick questions though...
1) Does this (or could it) include some of the performance boosters that @AndDiSa has in his excellent ROM, namely the "low memory device," and ZRAM tweaks?
2) Will the built in OpenDelta system for incremental system updates work? That feature was killer back in 2014.

For anyone not familiar with the process or unsure of what to do, here are the steps I took:
1) Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik cache.
2) In TWRP 2.8.7.0... Flash current omni-6.0.1 zip.
3) Flash current OpenGapps pico. (http://opengapps.org/)
4) Flash current BETA-SuperSU-v2.65. (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64161125&postcount=3)
5) Flash one of the current remove journaling .zips floating around. (e.g. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2280496)
6) Boot tablet, and after setup install the Trimmer app and set to run fstrim daily. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fifthelement.trimmer)

I mostly use this tablet for reading, browsing, email, and texting, so I can't comment on features like camera, music playback, etc. (I removed those apps). That being said, so far performance and stability seem great, and I don't notice any problems or anything not working.

My tilapia is also my daily driver so my main concern is stability. I didn't try all the fancy features, at least not in deep.

1. I need the mobile data so I haven't studied gouper ROMs in deep yet but I think most of the tweaks are already there.
I also have a few threads on my other device (GalaxyTab 7.7) which has even lesser RAM. Therefore I tried KSM and zRAM for some time. I'm not a gamer nor a frequent Youtuber (Thanks for those "genius" politicians, I can't access Google service locally without a VPN!). Those features doesn't help me. In KK and early LP, I enabled those supports in the kernel and add a configuration page in the performance settings. I let the user to decide if they want them. After a while, those inquiries seems lost their interests and I stop updating it. I might do the same if it is really that important to someone.
Actually, I'm already on a test build before releasing this one. For journaling, I'm using the journal_async_commit flag instead of completely disabling it. I think it is safer and yet reducing some overhead. I tested both briefly with a few benchmark apks. The difference is not obvious.
I also disabled some wakelocks, hoping to extent the battery life. Together with a few bug fixes, I'm live testing it now. I don't have too much resource and I'm maintaining a few threads at the moment. I usually release weekly or longer. I rather sleep on it for several days instead of rushing it out.
Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm open to all suggestion or corrections. ;)

2. OpenDelta is for official only. It simply requires too much resources (space and bandwidth) to maintain. I don't think any individual would have that kind of resources to maintain one. I don't know if Omni still support it but donations are essential for them. :)

There are a few things can be done (eg. f2fs support in the kernel) but not that urgent. I rather get rid of all the bugs first. At the moment, Gapps are the source of errors. Any suggestions are welcome. :D

Edit: Sorry, I overlook the fstrim part.
Take a look at the file MountService.java
Since KK, fstrim is embedded in an idle maintenance service. It will be executed when the tab is idle at midnight and battery is over half (forgot the exact value). Some might notice extra background activities since then.
In the age of LP, the aggressiveness is increased. If the backgroup fstrim is not done for a period of time, it will be forced to execute in the next reboot. That means even if you turn the device off at night, fstrim will be executed the next time you turn it on.
Therefore I don't think explicit fstrim is required after KK. ;)

Last edited:

alcuin

Jan 28, 2004
How long should first boot take? I tried full wipe dalvik,cache, data, system, then flash omni 6.0.1, pico gapps, su 2.65, and then boot. I just get animated omni logo for like 15 minutes before i shutdown. Thank you.

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
How long should first boot take? I tried full wipe dalvik,cache, data, system, then flash omni 6.0.1, pico gapps, su 2.65, and then boot. I just get animated omni logo for like 15 minutes before i shutdown. Thank you.
It shouldn't be more than 15 min. If you have f2fs partition(s), it might not boot at the moment....

If this is the case, you might need to wait or reformat.

I'm on a test build which supports f2fs. Right now, I can only test the cache partition because I still need the data (about 20G which might take hours to back up...).
If nothing ugly float up, I'll release it in a few days. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

wrkerr

Mar 14, 2014
I'm eager for f2fs support. In the past, that really seemed to boost performance, on lollipop at least.

I have noticed a few freezes and crashes lately, and sometimes autorotate stops working, so hopefully the new build will correct some of that.

Thanks for your work!

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
I'm eager for f2fs support. In the past, that really seemed to boost performance, on lollipop at least.

I have noticed a few freezes and crashes lately, and sometimes autorotate stops working, so hopefully the new build will correct some of that.

Thanks for your work!

OK, I made a patch for those want to test before the next release.

As usual, backup first! Flash this View attachment omni6-patch-20160103-nexus7.zip in recovery. It should work for both grouper and tilapia.
The latest fixes are:
kernel: bug fix in voltage control, f2fs support, enable journal_async_commit for ext4, time out for RIL wakelock
platform: a fix for rotation fail after deep sleep (hoping it work)

Note: you need to flash SuperSU again to regain ROOT.

Please report and Good luck! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryPi

enzoevo

Jan 21, 2011
Somewhat Beautiful Virginia
Awesome work dev. I see that you are supporting tilapia (thankfully some one is). I have been running grouper MM fw on mine. I tried patching their kernels to include the BASEBAND_XMM wakelock fix, but didn't seem to prevent that wakelock. Maybe it was a poor implementation. I've not seen my n7 sleep on MM yet because of this bug. Hopefully your ROM does the trick. Off I go to backup and flash.

daniel_hk

Nov 12, 2012
Hong Kong
Realme X2
Awesome work dev. I see that you are supporting tilapia (thankfully some one is). I have been running grouper MM fw on mine. I tried patching their kernels to include the BASEBAND_XMM wakelock fix, but didn't seem to prevent that wakelock. Maybe it was a poor implementation. I've not seen my n7 sleep on MM yet because of this bug. Hopefully your ROM does the trick. Off I go to backup and flash.

Sure! I got the tilapia too.
Make sure you got the patch in post#13. It included the wakelock fix.
SuperSU should be the last to flash.

Good luck! ;)

enzoevo

Jan 21, 2011
Flashed supersu beta 2.66, can't seem to get root however

Edit:

Nevermind. It took after the 3rd try. Weird.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Sound works for me.

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Everything seems to be working now for me. I installed the patch and will see if it will sleep.

Feature request. 3minit battery mod = https://github.com/gharrington/framework_base/commit/dec329383060c4c6044b980a49d0578e828d6a5d

Also, any chance you are willing to share your source repo so we can tinker?

Thanks.

Last edited:

enzoevo

Jan 21, 2011
Sleeping like a baby on Benedryl. Awesome.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I did have a freeze while I was in Chrome Beta. Rebooted then ran Dungeon Hunter 4 for an hour without any issues. Thanks again dev.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is an unofficial build of OmniROM for Neuxs 7 (2012).
    **Click the above logo to visit the official Omni site
    I list some Extra info. and Q&A for MM in my other thread, it might be helpful :)

Release notes:
    2016/9/30
    Omni update to Android-6.0.1_r68 earlier and I have included a few things like USB & Bluetooth Tethering in the device tree. So I built another final update. :D As many of you would install Mods which might turn off the selinux. Seems no reason to release any security patches. With limited resources, it's time to move on. Bye :)
    HISTORY:

2016/9/6
    Omni stop the update of Android-6.0 earlier last month so this is the final update of Omni-6 :D

2016/8/8
    This is the monthy update to Android 6.0.1_r62 (MTC20F). :D

2016/7/13
    This is the Android 6.0.1_r54 (MTC19Z) version. ;)

2016/6/21
    This is the monthy update to Android 6.0.1_r46. ;)

2016/5/26
    This is a monthy update. ;)

2016/5/4
    Omni had merged the 6.0.1_r43 source. In this build, I included the modification of activity manager and service in my DU. It provide some improvement in overall performance and memory management.
    The ApkPermission script is updated. Hoping to aware of any combination of flashing. A wipe data/Factory reset will reactivate the script on the next boot. Cheers! :D

2016/4/20
    Omni had merged the 6.0.1_r30 source. This is a version update. ;)

2016/4/10
    This is an version update. Omni had merged the 6.0.1_r24 source. A few fixes were made in Performance Settings. The native AOSP "Tap to wake" settings is enabled. Cheers! :D

2016/3/24
    Omni had merged the 6.0.1_r22 source. In this build, the camera is partially fixed. Video capture and preview are OK but the AOSP Camera app fail to connect to the buffer of the Camera HAL. Thus the picture remains at preview quality. I don't want to change the AOSP camera app too much and there are other apps so leave it for the time being. The latest DC-kernel features are also included. Cheers! ;)

2016/3/12
    I have put some tests on the kernel. Seems I messed it up... :cyclops:. I just rebuild the last release. Omni has a few updates too so I rebuild Tilapia too. As a bonus, I enabled the zRAM in kernel. Hoping this end the sloppiness... :eek::

2016/3/11
    Seems the last Omni not boot for grouper. I have removed the files from the host. I'm building another one now. I just pulled the battery out. I'm charging it directly now. I'll release again after testing for both.
    Sorry for the troubles caused... :eek::

2016/3/10
    Finally, Omni merge the 6.0.1_r17 source. It's been a while for an update. I was busy in job and other projects. :cyclops: After I few months, I'm itchy to try new things. :p I planed to move my daily driver to Dirty Unicorns.
    As a closure, I want to get rid of all the know issues firs so I take a look at the last issue of our Tilapia and Grouper -- the Camera2 apk. It was just a simple wrong initial value cause that. The issue that bug every developers in this forum is finally fixed. :highfive:
    I seldom quit. I think I would keep Omni up to date for a while. Might be a dual weekly, monthly or when new versions come. Cheers! :D
    PS: Right before I finish the last build, the usb port of my Tilapia was dead.:( I just can't test it thoroughly before the battery flat. I had order the part but I don't know when it would arrived... :cyclops:

2016/2/28
    It's been a while for an update. I was busy working on the Tegra3 support in Performance Settings. Layout, dialogs, preferences are time consuming boring routines but somebody got to do the dirty works. :cyclops: Minimum and maximum backlight, GPU frequency and various Voltage Controls are added now. Stand alone app for DC-kernel will be available shortly. A few bugs in settings are fixed and the fix for 3MinitBattery crash is also included. Cheers! ;)
    Note: 1. New backlight limits will be activated after you change the brightness.
        2. Settings respond to the BOOT_COMPLETED signal for resuming the values.
         Features like DT2W, freq. and voltages might are not be available right after boot.

2016/2/17
    In the last build, SystemUI would crash if 3MinitBattery apks not installed. This View attachment omni6-patch-20160217-nexus7.zip would fix the issue. Normal battery icon will be shown if 3MinitBattery is not installed. ;)

2016/2/15
    This is just the weekly update. Latest Omni source is merged.

2016/2/6
    Right after I uploaded the files, TeamWin released the TWRP-3.0.0-0. There were a few language update on top. However, tilapia still doesn't have the official update so I uploaded my TWRP-3.0.0-0 for tilapia too.
    I just put a fix in the DT2W. Hoping it would be more reliable at deep sleep. If anyone interested to help testing, here is the test View attachment omni-boot-20160206-nexus7.img. :)

2016/2/5
    Omni had merged the Android-6.0.1_r13 source now. I added two fine tune settings, double tab bound and duration to the DT2W settings. Hoping to increase the reliability and avoid false activations. This feature definitely consume power (no matter how little) so it is by default disabled.
    There is a bug in Omni's init.d script. It can only start once after factory reset. I don't know why yet. I use the init.d for those settings need to be set early. It just fail to work so I have to revert to the traditional preference.
    Note: 1. DT2W might not be started before the first suspend.
        2. At deep deep sleep, you might need a few more taps to wake the system.

TWRP has a different UI for some time but there is no official release yet. As a side product of building ROM, I'm using it myself for some time. I think it doesn't hurt to include it here. I had updated the F2FS driver and fixed the exFat support. I tagged it 2.8.7.4 for my other devices after a few patches. I keep the version number to differentiate with the official build only. Doesn't mean it is better. This is probably just a one time deal. ;)
    Screenshot_20160205-155721.png 16_41_2808upper.png 16_42_3466upper.png 16_43_5155upper.png

2016/1/30
    I have tried my new port of "double tap wakeup" for a few days. For those who want to join the test, flash this View attachment omni6-patch-20160130-nexus7.zip in recovery. Kernel and Settings will be updated in this patch. A new setting is added to the Advanced page of Performance Settings. Cheers! :D
    Edit: I have already pushed the source to my github. No more e-mails and PM please. ;)
    Screenshot_20160130-222345.png
    2016/1/29
    This is just the weekly release. Latest Omni source is merged.

2016/1/21
    Since there are something missing in the last built, I release this build earlier. I finally fix the issue of audio not started after reboot. No more silly rotation to get it back now. :highfive:
    After testing for sometime, I think performance settings are presentable. Voltage controls, LP core O/C and GPU O/C are enabled now. I can't guarantee it works for all devices but it works for me. TricksterMod seems to have better support for the new Tegra settings. The UID_CPUTIME support in kernel is also ready. Hoping everything is in the right place now. Cheers! :D

2016/1/17
    A library is missing in the 20160115 build. Can't find the SIM card in Tilapia. The patch in post#47 would fix it. ;)

2016/1/15
    Finally recover from the hard drive failure. After painful exercises, the new system is much slimmer. Some valuable data and junk are gone now. "Begin again" is not necessarily a bad thing. In this build, I included the Power tile and 3minit battery mod. For some security issue, Performance data was not persist after reboot. To fix this, PerformanceControl would ask for ROOT (once) now. There are issues in the other Governors. For the time being, just keep the default interactive.
    Hoping nothing is missing after the crash. ;)

2016/1/7
    Omni just merged the 6.0.1_r10 tree. It is also the time for my new build. After testing for some time, I think F2FS and other few patches are ready. My tilapia has been staying ON (With a few reboot to recovery flashing test builds) for over 10 days now. I'm not a gamer nor a frequent You Tuber so I can't represent neither of them. There might still be some glitches but good enough for myself as daily driver. :D

2015/12/30
    I wait for a while for an MM to be my daily driver. I have a Tilapia which only have few choices. Dmitry's AOSP is quite good but lack of the "basic" features I was spoilt. I have tried a few ROMs in my other devices. I think Omni is the best for me so I added the device trees to my working directory. Dmitry's works make life much easier. I have added a few features and patches to the the Offical Omni. Cheers! ;)

Change log: :victory:
    Code:
    Official Omni [URL="https://changelog.omnirom.org/"]Change log[/URL]
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/9/30[/COLOR]
      - Final release of Omni-6 Android-6.0.1_r68 (MTC20L)
      - USB and Bluetooth tethering support
      - Kernel:Security update
      - Kernel:DT2W reliability patches
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/9/6[/COLOR]
      - Final release of Omni-6 Android-6.0.1_r62 (MTC20F)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/8/8[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r62 (MTC20F)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/7/13[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r54 (MTC19Z)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/6/21[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r46 (MOB30M)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/5/26[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/5/4[/COLOR]
      - Frameworks: Adjustments in activity manager and service
      - ApkPermission: Add a retry loop to wait for PM to start
      - ApkPermission: A done flag is added. Script will be disabled after permission is assigned.
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/4/20[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r30 (MOB30D)
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/4/10[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r24 (MHC19Q)
      - kernel: DT2W region increase to 50 pixels
      - PowerHAL: Adjusted to O/C frequencies
      - PowerHAL: Support the native AOSP "Tap to wake" feature
      - Settings: Native AOSP "Tap to wake" is enabled in Display settings
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/3/24[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r22 (MHC19J)
      - kernel: Fix a bug in DT2W
      - kernel: DT2W duration increase to 80ms
      - kernel: Include the kexec patch for MultiROM
      - PerformanceControl: Fix the Tegra3 settings crash at the first launch.
      - Camera apk : fix the crash when select video
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/3/10[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r17 (MMB29V)
      - kernel: zRAM support as promised
      - kernel: Change the permissions for CPU and governors so that performance apks would work.
      - kernel: Merge the rotation fix
      - Reinstate the much lighter AOSP browser to replace the bulky Chrome.
      - Fix the Camera apk from crash.
      - PerformanceControl: simplify the Helper functions.
      - Settings: fix a bug in Tegra3 settings
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/2/28[/COLOR]
      - kernel: Add support for custom panel backlight limits
      - Settings: Add Tegra3 settings to Performance Settings
      - Tegra3: Add backlight limits, GPU freq and various voltage controls.
      - DT2W: Fix a bug in Settings
      - Settings: Update translations for zh-rCN, zh-rHK and zh-rTW
      - SystemUI: Fix the crash when 3Minit apks not installed
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/2/15[/COLOR]
      - To unify with other developer's build, move rotation fix to kernel. This is for the DC-kernel update.
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/2/5[/COLOR]
      - kernel: Add support for double tap to wake (DT2W)
      - Settings: Add DT2W settings to Advanced page of Performance
      - DT2W: Add taping bound and duration settings
      - DT2W: Add translations for zh-rCN, zh-rHK and zh-rTW
      - Settings: revert to traditional preference for Set on Boot
      - SystemUI: Fix a bug in 3Minit port
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/1/29[/COLOR]
      - Fix a bug in SystemUI
      - Some adjustments to the Governors
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/1/21[/COLOR]
      - Fix audio not started after reboot.
      - Kernel: Enable Voltage control for CPU, GPU, LP core and RAM
      - Kernel: Enable GPU max. frequency control
      - Kernel: Add UID_CPUTIME support with power consumption settings
      - Kernel: Adjust a few settings in Governors
      - Reinstate stlport for Tilapia
      - Fix a bug in PerformanceControl
      - Fix a bug in QS
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/1/15[/COLOR]
      - To fix the permission issue at boot, PerformanceControl requires ROOT now.
      - Add the Power (screen off) Tile to QS. Short press:sleep, Long press:power menu.
      - Include the 3minit battery mod (v3.1) from Gary Harrington. 
      - kernel: fix a bug in F2FS
      - kernel: fine tune the CPU values
      - Chromium replace the default browser
    [COLOR="Blue"]2016/1/7[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r10 (MMB29T)
      - kernel: Fix a bug in Voltage control
      - kernel: LP core O/C to 666Mhz
      - kernel: GPU max. set to 446Mhz
      - kernel: full F2FS support
      - kernel: time out for a few wakelocks
      - Fix rotation freeze after deep sleep
      - Include the journal_async_commit flag for ext4 partitions
    [COLOR="Blue"]2015/12/30[/COLOR]
      - Latest Omni source 6.0.1_r3 (MMB29M)
      - Dmitry's patches
      - gcc 4.9 to compile kernel & platform
      - kernel:CPU O/C and Voltage control
      - kernel:GPU O/C and more Governors 
      - Override the healthd
      - Add OTG support
      - Add screenshot tile to Quick settings
      - Add an init.d script to fix the permissions of Gapps
      - Add a Captive portal check switch to build prop.
      - Add Messaging
      - F2FS support (will be available later when kernel is ready)
      - Fixes to get Omni build.
      - Reinstate some Omni features (eg. reboot menu)
    Know issues: :(
     1. Default Omni Wallpaper not show (Select with File explorer again will bring it back)
     2. Only the interactive Governor is complete. Other Governors might require adjustments.
     3. May be more....

Screenshots: :cowboy:
    Screenshot_20151230-205756.png Screenshot_20151230-205807.png Screenshot_20151230-205833.png Screenshot_20151230-221217.png

Downloads: :highfive:
     Host: Android File Host mirror: 百度网盘

Gapps: ** We have a 650M system partition. Only pico Gapps can be installed.
    All those with pico Gapps is recommended. (eg. OpenGapps)

** latest TWRP is recommended.
    Omni is not rooted. To root, flash the latest systemless SuperSU(2.6x) from @Chainfire in recovery.

Source: :cool:
     kernel & device trees on Github

Credits: :good:
     ** The OmniROM team who have such a good idea and their hardworks
     ** Dmitry Grinbeg for his work making our life easier.
     ** All those who donate and/or help the developers. Giving us the resources and reason to carry on.
     ** @Chainfire for the great SuperSU

Donations: :angel:

show.htm

The version update to Android 6.0.1_r54 (MTC19Z) is out. Cheers! :D
    New Omni-6 is out now. cheers! :D
    New Omni-6 (Android 6.0.1_r62) is out now. cheers! :D
    Omni stop the update of Android-6.0 earlier last month so this is the final update of Omni-6. :)
    Hoping to see you soon... :D