Yeelight Toolbox

Search This thread

jordi.id96

Apr 8, 2014
Barcelona
YEELIGHT TOOLBOX

5JhyLng.png

Requirements
  • Developer mode / LAN control enabled for each device.
  • Computer and Yeelight devices connected to the same local network.
  • .NET Framework 4.5 or later.
  • SlimDX End User Runtime (.NET 4.0) https://slimdx.org/download.php
  • Supports Yeelight LED (Color), Yeelight LED (White), Yeelight Lightstrip (Color), Yeelight Ceiling Light and Yeelight Bedside Lamp.

Downloads

Last edited:

jordi.id96

Apr 8, 2014
Barcelona
New version including movie mode: it detects the screen most common color and applies it to the selected device.

During this mode you can still control the brightness and minimize the program to tray, etc.

Feel free to make suggestions and bug reports.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SelfTruck

Aug 22, 2017
This looks really promising, I'm thinking about buying a yeelight strip for my desk.
Could you show some of the features in a video or something? I'm really interestend in the movie mode and how it holds up during general pc usage and gaming.
Also, are you planning on going open source with this any time soon?

jordi.id96

Apr 8, 2014
Barcelona
Updated to version 1.1.3.
Movie mode now works also with the white bulb, adjusting its brightness.
Performance and response times have been improved too. I've reduced flickering issues.

Reactions: kingston951

jordi.id96

Apr 8, 2014
Barcelona
This looks really promising, I'm thinking about buying a yeelight strip for my desk.
Could you show some of the features in a video or something? I'm really interestend in the movie mode and how it holds up during general pc usage and gaming.
Also, are you planning on going open source with this any time soon?

Thank you!
I plan to add some screenshots and update the post when I have some time.
The movie mode works really well even in fullscreen games, the effect it creates in the room is pretty cool. During general usage I didn't notice any slowdowns. It could impact your framerate in games though, that depends on your pc hardware.
As for going open source, not for now. I might make a library though. Anyways, the Yeelight API is open.

Reactions: kingston951

OldMighty

Sep 24, 2017
my virus scanner is reporting a trojan in the .exe file on google drive. can someone confirm that its the case or a false positive?
virustotal#dot#com/de/file/d51723a0c893662dbb742a101abeb7b116d314783476f56e4a7d69b7869a0035/analysis/1507371349/

jordi.id96

Apr 8, 2014
Barcelona
my virus scanner is reporting a trojan in the .exe file on google drive. can someone confirm that its the case or a false positive?
virustotal#dot#com/de/file/d51723a0c893662dbb742a101abeb7b116d314783476f56e4a7d69b7869a0035/analysis/1507371349/

I included the SlimDX dll so it could trigger your antivirus. The dll is open source and completely safe.

kent193

Dec 31, 2009
Paris
Hi,
I have 2 bulb, but i don't see it.
I have autorised the application in my windows firewall and bulbs are in same networks.
(Windows 10, bulb 1.4.1_57)

jordi.id96

Apr 8, 2014
Barcelona
I updated the app to 1.1.6.
I might have found the cause for the bulb scanning issues.
Please test it and leave your feedback.
Thanks!

xnstad

Nov 19, 2017
Thanks!

Just found this thread by googling, gave the last build a test and the program can't find mine either.
I have one of those fancy Xiaomi desk lamps and two yeelight color bulbs.

Yeelight bulbs are connected by WPA (tkip) and computer is connected directly to router by cable.
I can see the bulbs with IP scanners.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Thanks!

Actually, I just didn't know you specifically have to enable "LAN Control" for each bulb in the Yeelight app on your phone.
In the new redesigned app, under "My devices", press the bulb and in the bottom right corner, tap the little arrow pointing upwards to open the expanded settings menu.
At the bottom in the expanded settings menu you should see a little lightning bolt that says "LAN Control".
Press this option and turn it on.

Repeat this for all devices you want shown in Jordi's app.
Worked for me!

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Just found this thread by googling, gave the last build a test and the program can't find mine either.

Yeelight bulbs are connected by WPA (tkip) and computer is connected directly to router by cable.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

Actually, I just didn't know you specifically have to enable "LAN Control" for each bulb in the Yeelight app on your phone.
In the new redesigned app, under "My devices", press the bulb and in the bottom right corner, tap the little arrow pointing upwards to open the expanded settings menu.
At the bottom in the expanded settings menu you should see a little lightning bolt that says "LAN Control".

Worked for me!

One more thing.

Initially, tweaking any of the parameters just made one of my bulbs turn itself off.
It was pretty weird because they both had the same firmware version, one worked and one didn't.
If you have this issue, update the firmware of the bulbs to the latest version from the Yeelight app.
Going from _52 to _56 had them both working flawlessly for me.

Reactions: jordi.id96

jordi.id96

Apr 8, 2014
Barcelona

Worked for me!

Yes, you need to enable developer mode (now called LAN mode) for each device. Glad it ended up working!

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

One more thing.

Initially, tweaking any of the parameters just made one of my bulbs turn itself off.
It was pretty weird because they both had the same firmware version, one worked and one didn't.
If you have this issue, update the firmware of the bulbs to the latest version from the Yeelight app.
Going from _52 to _56 had them both working flawlessly for me.

That is really weird. Never happened to me in any firmware version. Even weirder that only happened to one bulb.
Anyway, thanks for the tip and for your feedback!

Last edited:

jordi.id96

Apr 8, 2014
Barcelona
Published 1.1.7. Now it should work flawlessly even if your computer has multiple virtual network adapters. Please, provide feedback, thanks!

cultinium

May 16, 2010
Good work.
The app see my 4 light bulbs and my light stripe.
I can change the brightness and the color for my 5 devices, it works fine !
But when i try to use Movie mod nothing happen, and if i try to quit this movie mod the app freez. (SlimDX is installed)
If you have any idea !
Thank you.

Mar 26, 2011
I get this error when I start it:
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Die angeforderte Adresse ist in diesem Kontext ungültig
bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
bei Yeelight_Toolbox.DevicesDiscovery.StartListening()
bei Yeelight_Toolbox.FrmMain.getBulbs()
bei Yeelight_Toolbox.FrmMain.FrmMain_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 4.7.2115.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
yeelight_toolbox
Assembly-Version: 1.1.7.0.
Win32-Version: 1.1.7.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Alan/Downloads/yeelight_toolbox_1.1.7.exe.
System.Windows.Forms
Win32-Version: 4.7.2110.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST.
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
Win32-Version: 4.7.2110.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST.
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
Win32-Version: 4.7.2046.0 built by: NET47REL1.
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Core
Win32-Version: 4.7.2117.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST.
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Xml
Win32-Version: 4.7.2102.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST.
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.

Top Liked Posts