[MOD][CM9] Transparent statusbar

Search This thread

panmoto

Feb 17, 2010
thanks. works great and looks beautiful on cm9 default theme (but doesn't work at all on 2 custom themes I have).

Last edited:

carole6m

Oct 17, 2011
does this work on other devices? I have the epic 4g touch and am wondering if this will work? It has the latest CM9 Beta1. Thanks!

SpadaBoss

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 26, 2012
Rimini
twitter.com
does this work on other devices? I have the epic 4g touch and am wondering if this will work? It has the latest CM9 Beta1. Thanks!

i don't know..if the code is the same as the our device it will work. if you want try, obviusly don't use my restore zip. make a nanadroid or a copy of your systemui.apk. then flash my mod. if it will not work restore backup or put your systemui.apk in the flashable zip(in xtras/system/app) after deleting mine apk and flash it(for restoring your statusbar). let me know :)

carole6m

Oct 17, 2011
OMG it worked!! Thanks so much! The whole reason I finally rooted my phone was because I wanted a transparent status bar lol. The resolution of the 2 devices are the same so I decided to give it a try. Did a nandroid backup and flashed. Everything works great! The reloaded statusbar mod didn't work on the latest CM9 Beta1 but this does. Thanks again :)

SpadaBoss

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 26, 2012
Rimini
twitter.com
OMG it worked!! Thanks so much! The whole reason I finally rooted my phone was because I wanted a transparent status bar lol. The resolution of the 2 devices are the same so I decided to give it a try. Did a nandroid backup and flashed. Everything works great! The reloaded statusbar mod didn't work on the latest CM9 Beta1 but this does. Thanks again :)
nice, happy for that :)

carole6m

Oct 17, 2011
Do you know how to fix the transparent statusbar in the notification dropdown? I'm using the 100% transparency zip and when I pull down the notification drawer the top part is completely transparent so it's whatever color the homescreen is. Back when I had another phone with CM7 they could fix it so the top part won't look like it's missing. I have no clue how they did it though lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi all, this is my first theme/mod :) it's nothing special but i want to share with you this, sorry if this isn't so good, but it works! i followed a guide of mastershefis, so all credits goes to him. if you want to follow his guide, remember to do a flashable zip or the status bar will not work(don't push simply in system\app).

SCREENSHOTS:

50% transparent:
    fxwua.png

100% transparent (screens by MastroLindo91 from the italian forum):
    21950d1346160476-mod-cm9-statusbar-trasparente-screenshot_2012-08-28-15-22-47.jpg
    21951d1346160479-mod-cm9-statusbar-trasparente-screenshot_2012-08-28-15-23-04.jpg
    21952d1346160798-mod-cm9-statusbar-trasparente-screenshot_2012-08-28-15-32-19.jpg

INSTALLATION (cyanogenmod9 and system theme needed):
    1)go into recovery
    2)make a nandroid(my zip works at 100%, but the security is never too much :) )
    3)flash the zip attached below
    4)reboot

IF YOU HAVE ANOTHER ROM DIFFERENT FROM CM9(BUT CM9 BASED) TRY THIS:
    Flash transparent status bar > reboot > status bar dissapeared > flash restore status bar > reboot > status bar appear > flash transparent status bar > reboot > enjoy
    Reboot is just needed to see if the mod succesfully installed or not. If you like you can't just skip the reboot step after flashing the restore zip. [thanks to reddvilzz ]

DOWNLOADS:
    1) Statusbar 50% transparent:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8axh4t1ahuivjc/50%25TransparentStatusBar%28cm9%29%20by%20SpadaBoss.zip

2) Statusbar 100% transparent:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/22ccgr0dchnp6ty/100%25TransparentStatusBar%28cm9%29%20by%20SpadaBoss.zip

3) "old" statusbar:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2wszexppxqcl5i/RestoreStatusBar%28SpadaBoss%29.zip

i hope you enjoy, sorry if you dislike this :)
    i hope also in some comments, also negative's one(only in this way i can learn something)!

-mastershefis for his guide, that works also in our device:) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1773930

I hope in many feedbacks. If you like my works and you want to support me, you can buy one of my themes on google play :)
    Works Perfectly. Thank you. +1. You rock!! Really Appreciate it.

can you make it 100%?
    i had tried, but the statusbar became too lightning. i don't know why, probably is a mine error. when i will have time i'll check it and if it works i will post it :)
    I flashed it but nothing changed? Still my status bar not showing some transparent

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

works on the default theme. if you're using another theme thats not the default cm9 theme. it doesnt work. :)
    First post updated with the 100% transparency link :)

ps: if you want screens, i need yours to put in the first page, because i am in mountain for a week and i forgot the usb cable at home XD, so provide me links if you want :)