Josh's Manilla2D/M2DLight/WinterRom/DarkWinter2/SpringTime ~Retired~

Search This thread

Riki1kenobi

Jun 16, 2007
Bolton
Hi all, been running the manilla2d V15 (3G) for the past week or so and here are my findings......Hope they help some of you with Q's......

Battery life, I'm getting around 48 hours between charges on lite use. Around 24 hours when using apps, like music player and making occassional calls.

All apps seem to be working, but slight annoyances occur when switching between internet and touchflo. Opera appears to shut touchflo, (Maybe it's supposed to do this to conserve battery life, but it is annoying to have to restart (NOT HARD/SOFT RESET) it everytime when internet is selected!) plus it will lose connection intermittently rendering the connection useless.

I much preferred opera lite, as with this one it tends to display everything on the screen and has awkward zoom controls that dont appear to work so well (maybe its only on my phone???) which more often than not closes opera (though doesnt close the connection!) and requires touchflo to be restarted.

Other than that it is by far the best ROM I have used. I'm going to try the lite version and just install the apps I use most and see if there are any improvements in battery life.

Kudos to you Josh and all the other chefs who've helped along the way. BTW, would it be possible for chefs to include the reported approx battery life/stability etc in the D/L page as I think it is one of the most useful bits of info when deciding any upgrades.

Warm Regards and keep cooking.......
Riki

loharisan

Dec 11, 2007
dialer display

hi there,

after using Josh M2d rom for two weeks, i feel comfortable ad very satisfied on it's performance. However, i'm quite incomfortable regarding to the dialer which displayed 3 lines of contact and recent call history.. is there any suggestion on how to change the dialer appearance.. i've install many types of dialer but however, the recent call still displayed on the 3 rows appearance. if any of u could suggest what should i do to disable those recent call history and contact appearance on the dialer.. i feel great if it could appear like the Faria 32 display or like the shipped HTC rom dialer that only display the recent call history and suggested contact when we press the button number..

look forward for any response.. thanks

ferretlife

Nov 27, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Dialer

hi there,

after using Josh M2d rom for two weeks, i feel comfortable ad very satisfied on it's performance. However, i'm quite incomfortable regarding to the dialer which displayed 3 lines of contact and recent call history.. is there any suggestion on how to change the dialer appearance.. i've install many types of dialer but however, the recent call still displayed on the 3 rows appearance. if any of u could suggest what should i do to disable those recent call history and contact appearance on the dialer.. i feel great if it could appear like the Faria 32 display or like the shipped HTC rom dialer that only display the recent call history and suggested contact when we press the button number..

look forward for any response.. thanks

I use the 3G versions of Josh's ROM's for that reason. I don't have a need for video calling, but I much prefer the usability and look of the 3G vs the 2G dialer.

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
WM 6.5 Test HERE

so yea, it's buggy and still very early beta but i'm liking it.
SIP busted,
Autorun needs to be launched by clicking on sdautorun in the windows dir
Also if you need device update you can install via CRCDU.cab in the windows dir.

Last edited:

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
Sorry Guys, about to leave work and made a breakthrough i've got another update to put out before leaving, Speed is WAAAAy better.

Oweida

Apr 28, 2007
Riyadh
Nice

So waiting for the rest % :).
I have been using section8prime rom,,, its VERY fast and Responsive ,,, I like it and all the talking about it being buggy and others are not that so appearnt and not obvious.. WM6.5 is impressive and is worth to be tried ..
but I REALLY Love your Flavour and your touch I always wait you roms cuz they are Pictures of PERFECTION....
God Bless You
PEACE

edward-riko

Jul 5, 2006
using now section8prime wm6.5 (very fast and stable,i like it)
will be honored to test your new 6.5 rom

thank you
edward

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
updated post 6

With Test 2.. I'm gonna rip this new kitchen by jerpeala apart tonight and hopefully have allot more bugs cleared for test 3 :)

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
kareem9nba used 5.0.31.81, and its working very well in his roms

maybe josh used the same version for his?

every preview versions didnt work for me tho...31.81 works tho^^
the roms don't come with mms installed, you will need to download it from device update before running connection setup

edward-riko

Jul 5, 2006
how ican tern off the widget menu after start??
i am on 6.5 test2

software keyboard don't work

Last edited:

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
how ican tern off the widget menu after start??
i am on 6.5 test2

software keyboard don't work
u can click start, then settings, then today, uncheck titanium in today items. reboot. :) yep keyboard not working also, for some reason my contacts wont show. i've been working on a couple fixes.. release 3 will probably be tomorrow :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The best ROM i installed on my Hermes ... i tried all kind of romz - WM6.1 pro, WM6.5, WM6.5 Titanium Edition, and still when i tried your rom, i whas amazed how fast he is and will stay on it - i love home menu on WM6.5 but the fast phone is better then half bricked phone + your today screen is so easy to use ;)
    Really good work josh and yes, i see the date of this thread ;) but your work will live for many years more :)

If you need hosting server for your files and your work, i will create for you a FTP account with unlimited download speed - i work with hosting servers :)

Regards!
    The best ROM i installed on my Hermes ... i tried all kind of romz - WM6.1 pro, WM6.5, WM6.5 Titanium Edition, and still when i tried your rom, i whas amazed how fast he is and will stay on it - i love home menu on WM6.5 but the fast phone is better then half bricked phone + your today screen is so easy to use ;)
    Really good work josh and yes, i see the date of this thread ;) but your work will live for many years more :)

If you need hosting server for your files and your work, i will create for you a FTP account with unlimited download speed - i work with hosting servers :)

Regards!

lol thanks man, :good:

DarkWinter_Full2g.rar - 39.31 MB -

V15_DarkWinter2_2G.7z - 52.83 MB -

M2D_Light_2G_plain.7z - 45.84 MB -

M2D_Light_3G_plain.7z - 45.72 MB -

V15_M2D_Colored_3G.7z - 15.13 MB - (think it's corrupt but hey, here's the link)

V15_M2D_Plain_3G.7z - 55.76 MB -

all hosted on xda ftp, won't be going anywhere!