Installing Honeycomb update for Evo View now!

Search This thread

lrs421

Sep 29, 2010
New York
Great news. Maybe you can get some of those files to the devs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Thanks for the heads up. If you could use the capacitive buttons and get rid of the navigation bar like with ICS, I would update.

I do not want to lose the screen space, so will pass. The Acer 100 7" looks cramp to me, with HC.

BTW, I got an update yesterday, but was only 27mb, so went ahead and updated. A HC update would be a LOT bigger than 27mb.

I have the Flyer and View and both are staying with GB. Both work great and faster than my Thrive that does have HC.

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
It will ask for a confirmation after downloading and before installing. You'll find the zip file on the sdcard, copy it off onto your pc and upload it to multiupload or similar and then delete it from the view.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
It will give you the option to install later after download.

At least previous updates did.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I think it asks that when you choose to download it. You can pick install now or later. If you choose now, it goes though the process if you click the download when completed.

Both my Flyer and View had smaller updates in the past two days and that is when the option came up.

pakmonaco

Apr 7, 2008
Was up to 75% before cancelling. Now going really slow. Do you happen to know where it saves after downloading?

globatron

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 15, 2009
All over the place
Yeah, that would be correct rushless, it's been so long since I have taken an official OTA that I couldn't remember.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Can the first person to upload the zip PM/email me? Just so I get an audible indication, and don't get side-tracked on other things.

Evan702

Jul 26, 2007
Yeah, that would be correct rushless, it's been so long since I have taken an official OTA that I couldn't remember.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Can the first person to upload the zip PM/email me? Just so I get an audible indication, and don't get side-tracked on other things.

Don't know if I'm the first, but PM sent.

http://www.multiupload.com/QN0GOG7FG1

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
Good news! Just a matter of time for rooted ver now... Excited to see something out.

Top Liked Posts