[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

CNLiberal

Dec 8, 2008
Centennial, CO
The USB audio out works on CM9, but it may require the dock to activate. I use it daily in my car dock. AOKP hasn't merged this functionality yet.

You are mis-understanding me. I have already created a car dock audio cable. It works to charge the phone and output audio over the D+ and D- pins. However, what I'm referring to is the ability to plug in a USB audio DAC like this.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

See this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1321491

Or just get the official car dock which has audio out on the back of it.

That is the thread that I followed to get my car dock audio working. Besides the alternator noise from the engine, it works great.

Lekerstein

Jan 20, 2012
So if I was to go to 23 from 17 ...what needs to be done, there has been allot of talk about wiping, and other things. I normally just wipe the caches. My main concern is not losing anything, would rather not have to do a full wipe. What steps or tips?

Brought to you by my GS2 rocking CM9, using XDA

I just wiped cache and dalvik.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Reactions: harleydad82

beerbaronstatic

Apr 10, 2008
I had experienced RILJ wakelocks on every single nighlies after the 4/3 one, up until the 4/17 one. At that time, I updated to 4/17, 20, 21, 22 and 23 and did not experience any issue. This morning, I noticed my battery was draining faster on 4/23 (but still no RILJ wakelock), so I decided to restore my 4/22 backup. To my surprise, I started getting RILJ wakelocks. So I went back to my previous backups all the way down to the 4/20 one and I'm still getting that RILJ wakelock. I don't get it! I hadn't seen this wakelock in a while and at the time of the backups, I did not have it. Why is it that suddently it reappears and starts haunting me again? Does anybody has any idea how to shake it? I'm not sure what to think of this because with the same settings it worked fine in the past but when I restore, it comes back. I'm pretty confused here.

Any help is appreciated.

I thought I remember reading someone say they were having RILJ wakelocks due to some sort of messaging app (not the sms type of message), but I could be wrong

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I thought I remember reading someone say they were having RILJ wakelocks due to some sort of messaging app (not the sms type of message), but I could be wrong

Yes. I saw that one too as well, but I don't app the messaging app in question. Plus, with the exact same settings, I had no wakelock issue. I made my backups not having any RILJ wakelock so I don't understanding why restoring bring this issue back. It must have something to do with something else, perhaps a file on my sdcard or something that I need to get rid of.

harleydad82

Dec 31, 2010
I just wiped cache and dalvik.

I would like this to be true, but i've been reading so many ppl having problems, and some are doing a full wipe. Anyone else? I'm wanting to keep up but, don't want to start a bunch of problems. Once i flash the latest nightly, what needs to be done with the storage?

beerbaronstatic

Apr 10, 2008
Yes. I saw that one too as well, but I don't app the messaging app in question. Plus, with the exact same settings, I had no wakelock issue. I made my backups not having any RILJ wakelock so I don't understanding why restoring bring this issue back. It must have something to do with something else, perhaps a file on my sdcard or something that I need to get rid of.

Have any of your apps updated recently? An app update is always a potential cause

R2D2_SW

Feb 9, 2009
Essential Phone
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Have any of your apps updated recently? An app update is always a potential cause

Good point. However, when I restore, I get the message saying that some apps have updates available but I don't download the updates. So this means, my apps status is the same as it was when I originally made the backup, and therefore I should not get an RILJ wakelock I would assume.

switters1

Nov 19, 2010
GPS was working great on 4/17 but now it stopped and can't find a lock (navigation is always searching for GPS)

What happened? I haven't flashed anything new (still on 4/17)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

KJ7409

Dec 28, 2011
Buffalo
I would like this to be true, but i've been reading so many ppl having problems, and some are doing a full wipe. Anyone else? I'm wanting to keep up but, don't want to start a bunch of problems. Once i flash the latest nightly, what needs to be done with the storage?

the full wipe was required if you installed the NFC enabler mod, as it is now implemented into the ROM. you should be fine.

butikofer08

Jul 24, 2010
It never locked for me on 4/17 unless I used a GPS fix app, I currently use faster fix and have to use it every time I use navigation
Edit: just used GPS for first time on 4/23, locked in a few seconds with no fix needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: aj9507

aj9507

Mar 22, 2012
Las Vegas
It never locked for me on 4/17 unless I used a GPS fix app, I currently use faster fix and have to use it every time I use navigation
Edit: just used GPS for first time on 4/23, locked in a few seconds with no fix needed.

That's good to hear thanks for the update. I do have a question how did the gyro (compass) work for you when you were using gps? I heard from a few post that it was a lil wonky in the past few nightlies. thanks in advance.

thracemerin

Oct 19, 2011
Toronto
That's good to hear thanks for the update. I do have a question how did the gyro (compass) work for you when you were using gps? I heard from a few post that it was a lil wonky in the past few nightlies. thanks in advance.

Compass works while GPS is active since the GPS can figure out which direction you are facing, without GPS however the compass is still wonky, it has to do with the open source sensor HAL, Entropy said in the GT-I9100 thread that atm its either the light sensor or the compass, only one will work at a time, they're working on it.

Reactions: jpstiehl

switters1

Nov 19, 2010

Did 4/23 or another update since 4/17 fix something GPS related?

If not, this observation might just be noise-- like my initial improved GPS performance on 4/17

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Lekerstein

Jan 20, 2012
the full wipe was required if you installed the NFC enabler mod, as it is now implemented into the ROM. you should be fine.

Ah, right, that's why I didn't have to do full wipe - I didn't previously have the NFC hack. As such, I haven't had any issues with just wiping cache and dalvik from 4/17 to 4/22.

So to make this as simple as possible: if coming from 4/17 or earlier and you DIDNT have the NFC hack, just wipe cache and dalvik. Don't even worry about dealing with anything concerning mount points - its under the hood and does not affect anything you do as long as you haven't previously fracked it up (as they would say in Battlestar Galactica). Do the full wipe if you had the NFC hack previously.

Someone else can correct me if this is wrong, but it has worked perfectly for me.

aj9507

Mar 22, 2012
Las Vegas
Compass works while GPS is active since the GPS can figure out which direction you are facing, without GPS however the compass is still wonky, it has to do with the open source sensor HAL, Entropy said in the GT-I9100 thread that atm its either the light sensor or the compass, only one will work at a time, they're working on it.

K thanks for the clarification. Again thanks to the CM team and all who are involved

avus_m3

Mar 21, 2009
4/23 build is working great!! For some reason I had to go back to CWM and flash gapps a second time after fresh install but no big deal. Rom is running great and GPS is fantastic! On older builds my GPS location at work was always on the other side of the road down the block (only noticed at work). Now it shows me exactly where I am at.

Data speeds/stability seem like they are better as well?! Oh, I tested beam functionality and it works! I had some contact info passed over from an a Nexus S.

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Entropy,

I've heard you make the 650mA comment before. But you never cited your source. So I did a Google Search (imagine that!) and found what you were referring to here. That shows the I9100 only capable of a 650mA charge. Freaking ridiculous!

Let's think about this. Samsung makes the I9100/I777. They produce/sell a car dock device. Using the stock Samsung ROM, you could not have auto-brightness set, and have Google Nav working, and be using this car charger and have the battery actually charge. How did Samsung even think this would work? Tell me I'm mathing wrong somewhere, because it makes no sense to me.

Also, I don't think I ever heard back on CM9 having USBAudio implemented? I asked a while ago in this thread.

Thanks for all the hard work! I'm loving this ROM! The phone however, leaves a little to be desired in the power department :)
My source is that video, the MAX8922 datasheet, and my own measurements with CurrentWidget.

As to USB DACs - I don't own one so nothing I can do to implement.

Reactions: CNLiberal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues (All the same issues as GT-I9100 as almost all the code is the same - so pointing to the GT-I9100)

THE CM-TEAM DOESN'T ACCEPT BUG REPORTS OR FEATURE REQUESTS ON NIGHTLY BUILDS!
    A MISSING FEATURE IS NOT A BUG!!!

FAQs: Same as the GT-I9100 -- essentially the same code.
    FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    SPECIAL XDA NOOB FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:XDA_Asked_Questions

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your AT&T Galaxy S II (SGH-I777), or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running SGH-I777 bootloaders only (only the ones that are specifically released for the SGH-I777 -- official Gingerbread bootloaders work fine!) and a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
    - Reboot

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

No
    DO IT or leave this thread immediately.
    If you download anyway and start asking already answered or dumb questions, you'll get flamed.
    This is fully YOUR OWN FAULT then!

Yes
    Here's the download link for you.

Nightly builds can be found at ROM-Manager or at:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i777

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from: http://goo-inside.me/gapps

CWM flashable Modems:
    UCLC2
    UCKK6
    UCKJ4
    UCKH7

Changelogs:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=i777
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2 -- mostly shared by the i777

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=teamhacksung-support&uio=d4

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

Thread for Developers only(!!!):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568852

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, Entropy512, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    nQpJD.png
    What I don't quite get is why there are nightly builds of this ROM but no fix yet to the audio bug.

Overall it is a pretty sweet ROM, and compared to the leaked ATT ICS ROM it kicks ass. The att rom is a bugging bloat ridden piece of crap.

The audio bug impacts the ROM as a daily driver, so much works right about the ROM but this bug in particular makes it a pain to use. Being able to receive a text while listening to streaming music and receiving a notification and have the music return to the previous sound level just does not seem like too much to ask.
    Because this "bug" hasn't impacted any developers and we've got a ton of other things to fix.

ICS KERNEL SOURCE HAS ONLY BEEN OUT THREE WEEKS.

IT HAD FUNDAMENTAL STABILITY BUGS WE DIDN'T FIND FIXES FOR UNTIL DAYS AGO.

THIS WEEKEND IS EASTER AND SOME OF US HAD HOLIDAY PREP TO DO LAST WEEK. WE HAVE OUR OWN LIVES YOU KNOW!

WE DON'T EXIST TO SERVE YOU.

Submit a fix to gerrit or stop *****ing and wait!
    codeworkx's tree is untested - it keeps derping. Looks like I'll have to temporarily rip out NFC.

It's 1:35 AM, I'm about to go to bed regardless of whether it builds or not.
    TriangleAway can be used on ICS to reset the flash counter.

Video recording upgrades are not merged in yet - it's in progress. No ETAs, but it's close. Don't ask when, of course - there are many reasons why a patch that works on our device will get rejected until rewritten in a way that doesn't break other devices.

A major dock audio cleanup by StevenHarperUK is in progress. It's working on my device now, so it's a matter of getting through code review.

I submitted a new kernel to gerrit that fixes stability issues when changing cpufreq min/max limits (e.g. fixes SetCPU profiles).

I'm going to hop over to TW-land for a while to do some stuff, then I think I might play with NFC.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Great. So 4/20 ****S **** UP AGAIN!

More mount point changes? Now all my gameloft apps that I JUST fixed last night are redownloading app data again. Same with my dropbox, as well as my spotify AGAIN.

Why are they doing this!!!??? THIS IS 2 TIMES I'M gonna have to RESTORE to get my **** right again. I mean, I get the first swap of mount points. It was needed to match other devices, but it's royally screwed my device. AGAIN!

Maybe some warning in PLAIN ENGLISH is in order. I'm about to give up on CM9.

get lost. your post is ridiculous. is this your rom? did you take any part in the development of this rom? NO and NO!!! how do you have any right to ***** or complain about something that you have NOTHING to do with? YOU DON'T! if you don't like it, FIX IT YOURSELF and submit it to gerritt and see if your changes get merged. either do something about it yourself or switch to a different rom. its that easy. no one forced you to use this rom. your post doesn't get you any closer to your solution so i'm not quite sure why you even posted this bull**** other then to complain about something that you have no right or control over. think about it.