Storage unavailable error

Search This thread

DjGeraldo

Oct 21, 2010
So I was using the Minin3 Maximus 5.6 rom for quite a while now. But I was wanting to try out some aosp roms so I made a backup and installed Carbon rom nightly build. Used it for a few days but I have actually got really adjusted to touchwiz. Thus I wiped everything, installed the backup, now my internal storage is just not responding. Everything works just fine. However I can not download any images, save videos from youtube, basically anything that will save to internal storage. I have already tried going to twrp and rewiping everything, tried fixing permissions, everything I can think of. This happened once before and I had to completely wiped the whole phone and external sd card to get it to work. Really trying not to do that again. Any help is much appreciated.

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013
So I was using the Minin3 Maximus 5.6 rom for quite a while now. But I was wanting to try out some aosp roms so I made a backup and installed Carbon rom nightly build. Used it for a few days but I have actually got really adjusted to touchwiz. Thus I wiped everything, installed the backup, now my internal storage is just not responding. Everything works just fine. However I can not download any images, save videos from youtube, basically anything that will save to internal storage. I have already tried going to twrp and rewiping everything, tried fixing permissions, everything I can think of. This happened once before and I had to completely wiped the whole phone and external sd card to get it to work. Really trying not to do that again. Any help is much appreciated.

I had a similar problem in mj4, just reflashed mj4 tar, reroot and recovery and good to go.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013
Should, by flashing the mj4 tar, it should clean up the phone, after you install the mj4, go back into dl mode, flash the cf root, the flash recovery and should take care of you.. Pretty quick process

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

So if i do this, then flash my backup, it should be good to go?

At the same time, when you go back stock, you might just want to go to KK, MJ is making a mini rom for it as well.

Reactions: DjGeraldo

DjGeraldo

Oct 21, 2010
Yeah I was thinking about doing that anyway, but I have to update my bootloader. That I have never done. All of this odin stuff is new to me, I've had tons of nexus devices and htc's so this is all new to me lol.

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013
Yeah I was thinking about doing that anyway, but I have to update my bootloader. That I have never done. All of this odin stuff is new to me, I've had tons of nexus devices and htc's so this is all new to me lol.

I hear ya, I was always an HTC guy until this, different learning curve but same concept, honestly though, Samsung is much easier.. Just look through the note 3 forum, read read read and then if you can't figure out or understand, then ask, most people will offer up help pretty quick..

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

If you want to go KK, you can go completely stock and then take the ota update our go stock and follow the link here.. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630514

tonyevo52

Feb 1, 2013
Yep, most people don't use mobile Odin though but it does work

DjGeraldo

Oct 21, 2010
Well thank you for all the help, I was hoping for a easier fix than doing all of the odin stuff again but if it is the only way, oh well lol.

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Well thank you for all the help, I was hoping for a easier fix than doing all of the odin stuff again but if it is the only way, oh well lol.

Odin is as painless as it gets. Everything is automated.

You'll love it.

The One-click packages are even easier, some would aver.

Lol®

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Reactions: kstephens98

puertoblack2003

I had the same issue with my g4 after the kitkat update.One of the g4 member which i can't find the post now,offered a fix till samsung come through with there fixes.I compared the platform.xml file from g4 to note 3. And they're the same. download attach file and flash.

This file will fix the sdcard issues.

Attachments

• Sprint_S4_NAE_SDcard_Write_Fix.zip
    153.7 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: DjGeraldo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Should, by flashing the mj4 tar, it should clean up the phone, after you install the mj4, go back into dl mode, flash the cf root, the flash recovery and should take care of you.. Pretty quick process

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

So if i do this, then flash my backup, it should be good to go?

At the same time, when you go back stock, you might just want to go to KK, MJ is making a mini rom for it as well.

Odin is as painless as it gets. Everything is automated.

You'll love it.

The One-click packages are even easier, some would aver.

Lol®

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I had the same issue with my g4 after the kitkat update.One of the g4 member which i can't find the post now,offered a fix till samsung come through with there fixes.I compared the platform.xml file from g4 to note 3. And they're the same. download attach file and flash.

This file will fix the sdcard issues.