Build updates

Search This thread

inimeg81

Dec 6, 2013
Croyon, PA
I am going to try to continue to release build updates for beanstalk. Whether I stick with dao kernel or try my own or try out djl if given permission. I am messing with slimsaber I'll get those going nightly too once I get a build up. I'll be updating URLs here once I get things all okayed. I believe I am still going to up my beanstalk builds to testing dev dir on dao goo.im and will do google drive just in case. Johnadelic has a new host he has found which seems reliable. I need to ask him about a few things with it first. I should have beanstalk 29 and 30 before midnight on here. I recompiled the niltmt kernel with make mrproper and have yet to see if it helps any. Shortly I will make a thread over in development since it is development. Thanks ppl. There are more then 1 left right ?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

DickyG

Mar 30, 2013
Virginia
I am going to try to continue to release build updates for beanstalk. Whether I stick with dao kernel or try my own or try out djl if given permission. I am messing with slimsaber I'll get those going nightly too once I get a build up. I'll be updating URLs here once I get things all okayed. I believe I am still going to up my beanstalk builds to testing dev dir on dao goo.im and will do google drive just in case. Johnadelic has a new host he has found which seems reliable. I need to ask him about a few things with it first. I should have beanstalk 29 and 30 before midnight on here. I recompiled the niltmt kernel with make mrproper and have yet to see if it helps any. Shortly I will make a thread over in development since it is development. Thanks ppl. There are more then 1 left right ?

I, for one, appreciate the fact that you are continuing to work on this phone. I've mentioned this in previous posts, but my wife, daughter, and I have all decided to keep this phone. It certainly meets our needs and since we have had them for more than 2 years, our monthly T-Mobile bill has dropped considerably. I'm currently running the 20131231 version of Beanstalk and am having no problems at all. What, if any, improvements might I experience by flashing a later build?

christoophat

May 20, 2011
SoCal
I know it was mentioned before that "there wasn't much interest in this phone" , but going by the d/l counts on Daos goo, there is quite a lot of ppl at least grabbing it, so I am hoping that there will still be some folks willing to keep up their fine work here.

thanks

Reactions: inimeg81

inimeg81

Dec 6, 2013
Croyon, PA
Last edited:
Reactions: johnadelic

inimeg81

Dec 6, 2013
Croyon, PA
I think you will be happy with kitkat. Some cool new features on this revision beanstalk...

Pull notification shade down tap the upper right tile so it show the blocks of shortcuts. Tap it again and hold it will show them as still with an add button at bottom. Click that. Scroll down and add on the go. You will see what that feature is. Quick record i add as well as sync. I walk a lot and am always lookin down at my phone so seeing through the camera was just a cool feature they added. These guys think of evwrything. The contextual feature is sweet. As well as touch reminder.
Also in beanstalk options theres a backup section where u can backup system/user apps. Its really neat and different in the fact that even if u factory reset and wipe everything and reinstall new beanstalk u can restore the apps and data still. Very cool titaniumish. There are so many other features.. Well most are aware of bs already so i wont go further

Last edited:

inimeg81

Dec 6, 2013
Croyon, PA
New bs will be up soon might be same filename tho. I did a clean build so kernel timestamp should be rebuilt and updated. Ill post when its done

Reactions: johnadelic

inimeg81

Dec 6, 2013
Croyon, PA
Beanstalk update new 05/03 release

An updated 05/03 release is on goo.im same filename as before but updated from clean install. Enjoy!@

glauberpv

Jun 18, 2013
Manaus
installed the rom. she is too short! the beginning was finding the internet by wifi a bit slow compared to 4.2.2, but now it seems it is normal and even faster i think . so far no noticeable error. thanks exellent rom. I am soon going to install this new build and post the results

Last edited:

glauberpv

Jun 18, 2013
Manaus
hello beanstalk installed the 05/03 and found two problems, do not know if you already noticed this, but it never hurts to inform lol, they are: the speed of internet by wifi is very slow. I tested with another phone by downloading the same file at the same time. While my lowered to 40.0 kbs the other was at 300 kbs. is taking longer than usual to load even leaving him standing. I'm thinking that might be the problem because the kernel also occurs slimsaber these problems.is this friend I have helped on something. I enjoyed the very rapid and complete rom .. Thanks!! :cowboy:

Last edited:

DerPuGNa

May 11, 2013
Tayabas City
hello beanstalk installed the 05/03 and found two problems, do not know if you already noticed this, but it never hurts to inform lol, they are: the speed of internet by wifi is very slow. I tested with another phone by downloading the same file at the same time. While my lowered to 40.0 kbs the other was at 300 kbs. is taking longer than usual to load even leaving him standing. I'm thinking that might be the problem because the kernel also occurs slimsaber these problems.is this friend I have helped on something. I enjoyed the very rapid and complete rom .. Thanks!! :cowboy:

using this rom. i dont have this issue!
i download files from playstore using beanstalk while i download a file from browser using slimsaber both updated and still gives me a consistent speed. and while i downloading the file, my sister is watching movies. i think try not to download file at the same time. it split ur download speed tho :D

Last edited:

glauberpv

Jun 18, 2013
Manaus
using this rom. i dont have this issue!
i download files from playstore using beanstalk while i download a file from browser using slimsaber both updated and still gives me a consistent speed. and while i downloading the file, my sister is watching movies. i think try not to download file at the same time. it split ur download speed tho :D
reinstalled everything here and now everything is normal, I do not know what I did before to have been slow. personal apology for the wrong feedback

inimeg81

Dec 6, 2013
Croyon, PA

Thanks for the report. There is a new build for may 6th up in the Testing_dev_inimeg81 dir. My download counters got reset :( Anyway, wifi is the same on every kk rom, no difference. if you want to make it a tint faster, change wifi scan delay to 180, it's set at 300 by default on beanstalk in settings. different servers at different times (such as goo) are just going slower at certain times. Also router config (try putting on QoS control for wifi and make your wifi mac as high demand for qos filtering. it's supposed to make your nic get the priority of traffic, but it actually slows this down on average 9x fold. So, the only way to really make wifi better, is to go back to gb. even then there's not much difference. this kernel is the same but different then slimsaber, it doesnt update because dao closed the source for that. when i repo sync i cant sync part of kernel and device tree. So being that the build even builds, im surprised. I think Slimsaber is quite almost perfect. slim faster arm optimized. just the right things no more no less. Beanstalk is just, one of the fastest roms if not the fastest besides maybe omniroms. more features then any rom i know of. sometimes it can be overwhelming but i love it. when you use art on slim or beanstalk the battery while screen is off is drastically better. while on its same or more. put your phone as hotspot... have your friend connect via wifi... ask him if its slow then lol :). seriously though, im sure the wifi was due to other conditions, bandwidth conditions. I'm gonna open a beanstalk thread in dev, only 6 d/l in 3 days.

glauberpv

Jun 18, 2013
Manaus
installed the 05/06 and so far only joy! :) Really like this rom, the battery lasting more than 16h, all working fine here. thanks good work! :good:

inimeg81

Dec 6, 2013
Croyon, PA
Cool 09 should be up soon forgot to upload this. So imma make a new build now. Should but uploaded by 6am est.

Last edited:

inimeg81

Dec 6, 2013
Croyon, PA
I opened a beanstalk thread in development section. Release 05 14 is on goo.im and is way faster then previous builds. Request to close this thread

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Reactions: DerPuGNa

inimeg81

Dec 6, 2013
Croyon, PA
Set nova as main launcher. Set nova settings animations to fast and scrolling to fast. Then in developer options set those 3 animation scaling numerical .75 values... Change them to .5. All 3. Then set noop with smartassv2. Set readahead 2048. Install closed mods. Download greenify. Experimental options check all enable module in xposed and other must haves for me anyway

Beanstalk is just fast in general I'm running slimsaber right now. I think they are the two best ROMs I hope there's a bigger drop ckmin soon. I'm prob taking a break cuz I gotta find a place to move within 5 days. I'll check in cpl times a day. Or try

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I know it was mentioned before that "there wasn't much interest in this phone" , but going by the d/l counts on Daos goo, there is quite a lot of ppl at least grabbing it, so I am hoping that there will still be some folks willing to keep up their fine work here.

thanks
    I just finished Beanstalk build just finished on daos goo.im in testing_dev_only dir BeanStalk-4.4.285-20140503-galaxys4gmtd.zip. That one built pretty fast, thanks johnadelic! seems like dao got slim down pat so i'll stick to beanstalk for time being. Enjoy!

Sorry this may be easier http://goo.im/devs/daothanhduy1996/Testing_dev_only/BeanStalk-4.4.285-20140503-galaxys4gmtd.zip
    thanks!! downloading to test it.
    Mokee was using 4.2, but I will now start using kk :laugh:
    New bs will be up soon might be same filename tho. I did a clean build so kernel timestamp should be rebuilt and updated. Ill post when its done