Note 3 Neo or Note 3

Search This thread

Phantom3D

Mar 10, 2010
Hi
I am an old Note 2 user, but currently on the Blackberry Q10. I am starting to miss a bigger screen and IR blaster so I am now looking at the note 3 and note 3 Neo.

The prices in my country are quite similar for both, only about a 15 usd difference, so that is not an issue:

Is the Neo better when it comes to batterylife? I like the fact that it has what seems to be more of a hybrid cpu with 4 slow cores and 2 fast ones.
Also, does the neo run less hot?

I do not game much, so gaming preformance is not that important to me. However I do multitask a lot, using remote desktop on my phone while wrting messages og wathing a youtube video.

How big SD card does the Neo support? I am often traveling and like to have some series or movies handy.

fylim

Sep 29, 2007
Auckland
For 15 USD diff. Go for note 3. The 3gb ram will future proof your device.

Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
If you are tight on budget, wait a little longer and grab Neo 3. It will definitely go cheaper as in rest of the parts of the world, it's falling every day.

Go for note 3

In India note 3 neo is only 470 USD whereas Note 3 is more than 700 USD. So prices will fall for sure in your country too.
The screen and camera are the deal breaker for note 3 neo. It will be not much of an improvement from note 2.

filthykid

Apr 14, 2012
In India note 3 neo is only 470 USD whereas Note 3 is more than 700 USD. So prices will fall for sure in your country too.
The screen and camera are the deal breaker for note 3 neo. It will be not much of an improvement from note 2.

I think its a TAD better on the big brother. Else the sensor seems to be the same. Just the MPs are lower. I compared the image quality of S4, N3 Neo and N3... They were ALMOST same, except for the size of the image (for cropping etc). Even Neo 3 has a wide angle sensor.. captures more view than S4 and N3.

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
@Phantom3D
As price isn't a factor you can blindly pick up the Note 3 and Neo variant supports max of 64 GB SD card whereas Note 3 supports maximum of 128GB. Neo doesn't run hot but I've heard Note 3 exynos variant with Octa core processor does run a little hot .

At my region there's a huge price difference and hence I picked this one .

Sent from my SM-N750 using Tapatalk