[Q] where are the "material" apps on Android L??? (gmail, calendar, etc)

Search This thread

matiasggg

Jun 7, 2011
i install Android L bit... where área the material apps?? gmail and other apps are like the same

can i download the new apps from somewhere?

Last edited:

davexd97

Jun 16, 2013
The new "material" is in calculator and calendar as skiman10 said, the keyboard, settings app and the notification drawer are part of the new "material" too. We all were expecting more of it but we'll have to wait until the final release. There are no new apps for download, and i dont think google will change the UI of all gapps like gmail,maps and so on.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
L is not stable at the moment. It's meant for devs to be able to work on their apps. Expects unrecoverable FC's etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.4 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

douger1957

Jul 31, 2010
Fort Wayne
L is not stable at the moment. It's meant for devs to be able to work on their apps. Expects unrecoverable FC's etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.4 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

All of which won't stop dozens of people who don't know how flashing "L" today will benefit them from flashing anyway. They're the same people who have an urgent need to root their devices without knowing why they should root their devices.

Expecting the inevitable flood of "I 'bricked' my Nexus after flashing to 'L'" threads...

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
L is not stable at the moment. It's meant for devs to be able to work on their apps. Expects unrecoverable FC's
Expecting such is fine and all, but I can personally confirm that everything I do is fine generally. Just 2 games that I barely play anyway don't work, but it's a small price to pay :p

Should also note I'm not a dev, yet anyway. I just like new things :cool: