Search This thread

xluco

Nov 5, 2013
Manchester
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I will not accept responsibility for any adverse effects to your device,
 * including, but not limited to: bricking, dead SD card, bootloops etc.
 * You mod your device at your own risk.
 */

Download
Test1.zip - [30/06/14]

Main Features
Code:
[B]Build Optimisation:[/B]
[LIST]
[*]Linaro 4.10 Toolchain
[*]Specific build for Exynos 5420
[/LIST]
[B]New Functionality[/B]
[LIST]
[*]Colour Control
[*]init.d support
[*]UKSM
[*]Frandom
[*]FSync
[*]Kernel in Neon Mode
[*]ARM Optimised Encryption Libraries
[*]Power Efficient Workqueues
[*]Wacom QoS Configurable interface
[*]New Power Suspend Driver
[*]WiFi Power Management
[*]Thermal Control
[/LIST]
[B]Performance & Efficiency[/B]
[LIST]
[*]CPU Voltage Control
[*]GPU Overclocked to 733MHz
[*]GPU Voltage Control
[*]INT/MIF Optimisations & OC to 933MHz
[*]Increased Readahead (1024/64)
[*]Lots of VM Optimisations for smoother system & better battery life!
[*]Lots of unnecessary debugging disabled to improve memory efficiency
[*]VFP - Neon-vfpv4 & Hard Float
[*]"sched_mc_power_savings = 2"
[*]ARM Topology Updates
[*]LPM Governor Fix
[*]Upstream Improvements
[/LIST]
[B]Filesystem[/B]
[LIST]
[*]NTFS Read / Write
[*]CIFS
[/LIST]
[B]Security[/B]
[LIST]
[*]SELinux Permissive
[*]Network Hardening (init.rc tweaks, IPV4 MD5 suopport, TCP SYN Cookies DDoS defence )
[*]Futex Patches from Android 4.4.4
[*]Upstream Security Enhancements
[/LIST]
... And loads more!

Donate
If you like my kernels you cab donate by pressing the "Donate to Me" button below my name on the left hand side. I spend a lot of my spare time putting these kernels together for the community and every penny is greatly appreciated :D.

Thanks
A big thanks to halaszk88, franciscofranco, labodj, faux123, neobuddy89, myfluxi, and everyone else from whom I cherry-pick liberally :)

Enjoy :D

XDA:DevDB Information
Xluco Kernel [SM-P601], Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Contributors
xluco
Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-06-30
Last Updated 2014-06-30

mali76

Feb 11, 2009
No posts, no developments, dead thread, waiting hopeless, please delete this thread moderator

egotheist

Sep 18, 2009
Moscow
I've been using this kernel for a day I can say that it is pretty stable. The only thing I did not find is NTFS support, cause my hard drive has not been recognized by OS. Paragon NTFS couldn't detect root on my device (it is rooted, believe me) and there's nothing can be found about SELinux status in system information. I use Hydronium and my m8 from 4pda.ru uses UXProject and picture is the same. So it's unlikely ROM related.
But besides this the kernel looks to be good alternative to stock kernel.
Hope that update will follow soon :good:

Reactions: keiany

xluco

Nov 5, 2013
Manchester
hey sorry guys, I thought I'd deleted this thread and this 'project' all together :/ I had renamed the thread in 'original development' 600/601 so I dunno whats going on anyway, if you've tested the zip and its unstable I'd be grateful if everyone could share their kernel logs etc as I dont have a 601 to test things on :)

xluco

Nov 5, 2013
Manchester
No posts, no developments, dead thread, waiting hopeless, please delete this thread moderator

Not to sound like a d**k mate but you posted the same thing in both threads saying the system was unstable with no other information, you post in this thread after I've said in the other thread that I thought I deleted this on, you attach no logs or any kind of useful information, you didn't respond to my reply to you asking for them and then say youre waiting hopeless.

Maybe I've taken your comment the wrong way but I do actually have a life beyond XDA, like the description in the original thread says, I'm compiling this kernel for my own use, not really anyone else, I just put it on here because the only other kernel dev has had his device bricked. The fact that I'm spending my personal time now making a kernel for a device I don't even own (601), on top of trying to fit in a full time job and a masters degree should show you I'm trying to be a pretty decent guy, so maybe extend the same courtesy to me instead of getting irate and not replying when I ask for more information on how I can help you.

I've been using this kernel for a day I can say that it is pretty stable. The only thing I did not find is NTFS support, cause my hard drive has not been recognized by OS. Paragon NTFS couldn't detect root on my device (it is rooted, believe me) and there's nothing can be found about SELinux status in system information. I use Hydronium and my m8 from 4pda.ru uses UXProject and picture is the same. So it's unlikely ROM related.

Thanks for the info :) I'm working on a complete rebase of the 600 kernel at the mo which is taking a bit of time, but should give us a great, stable platform to move forward from on both devices, stay tuned haha

mali76

Feb 11, 2009
So as a conclusion when will you release the stable version?

iPhone 'den Tapatalk aracılığı ile gönderildi

mali76

Feb 11, 2009
Yes. I tried on another rom. Now bt works. Only nonworking thing is ntfs support for now

iPhone 'den Tapatalk aracılığı ile gönderildi

xdauserr

Dec 4, 2010
hey sorry guys, I thought I'd deleted this thread and this 'project' all together :/ I had renamed the thread in 'original development' 600/601 so I dunno whats going on anyway, if you've tested the zip and its unstable I'd be grateful if everyone could share their kernel logs etc as I dont have a 601 to test things on :)

I have SM-P601 and I'm C++/Java developer, could you please share how to recompile/modify kernel. Where to start from?

Reactions: Some_dude36

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I will not accept responsibility for any adverse effects to your device,
     * including, but not limited to: bricking, dead SD card, bootloops etc.
     * You mod your device at your own risk.
     */

Download
    Test1.zip - [30/06/14]

Main Features
    Code:
    [B]Build Optimisation:[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Linaro 4.10 Toolchain
    [*]Specific build for Exynos 5420
    [/LIST]
    [B]New Functionality[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Colour Control
    [*]init.d support
    [*]UKSM
    [*]Frandom
    [*]FSync
    [*]Kernel in Neon Mode
    [*]Power Efficient Workqueues
    [*]Wacom QoS Configurable interface
    [*]New Power Suspend Driver
    [*]WiFi Power Management
    [*]Thermal Control
    [/LIST]
    [B]Performance & Efficiency[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]CPU Voltage Control
    [*]GPU Overclocked to 733MHz
    [*]GPU Voltage Control
    [*]INT/MIF Optimisations & OC to 933MHz
    [*]Increased Readahead (1024/64)
    [*]Lots of VM Optimisations for smoother system & better battery life!
    [*]Lots of unnecessary debugging disabled to improve memory efficiency
    [*]VFP - Neon-vfpv4 & Hard Float
    [*]"sched_mc_power_savings = 2"
    [*]ARM Topology Updates
    [*]LPM Governor Fix
    [*]Upstream Improvements
    [/LIST]
    [B]Filesystem[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]NTFS Read / Write
    [*]CIFS
    [/LIST]
    [B]Security[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]SELinux Permissive
    [*]Network Hardening (init.rc tweaks, IPV4 MD5 suopport, TCP SYN Cookies DDoS defence )
    [*]Futex Patches from Android 4.4.4
    [*]Upstream Security Enhancements
    [/LIST]
    ... And loads more!

Donate
    If you like my kernels you cab donate by pressing the "Donate to Me" button below my name on the left hand side. I spend a lot of my spare time putting these kernels together for the community and every penny is greatly appreciated :D.

Thanks
    A big thanks to halaszk88, franciscofranco, labodj, faux123, neobuddy89, myfluxi, and everyone else from whom I cherry-pick liberally :)

Enjoy :D

XDA:DevDB Information
    Xluco Kernel [SM-P601], Kernel for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

Contributors
    xluco
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information

Created 2014-06-30
    Last Updated 2014-06-30

Not to sound like a d**k mate but you posted the same thing in both threads saying the system was unstable with no other information, you post in this thread after I've said in the other thread that I thought I deleted this on, you attach no logs or any kind of useful information, you didn't respond to my reply to you asking for them and then say youre waiting hopeless.

Maybe I've taken your comment the wrong way but I do actually have a life beyond XDA, like the description in the original thread says, I'm compiling this kernel for my own use, not really anyone else, I just put it on here because the only other kernel dev has had his device bricked. The fact that I'm spending my personal time now making a kernel for a device I don't even own (601), on top of trying to fit in a full time job and a masters degree should show you I'm trying to be a pretty decent guy, so maybe extend the same courtesy to me instead of getting irate and not replying when I ask for more information on how I can help you.

Thanks for the info :) I'm working on a complete rebase of the 600 kernel at the mo which is taking a bit of time, but should give us a great, stable platform to move forward from on both devices, stay tuned haha

I'm very busy right now with my exams and my proposal, but will definitely help Xulco out in development of this kernel asap, so don't worry,be happy and have a little faith ;)
    Hi xluco Unfortunately the system got unstable after flashing this kernel.