[GUIDE][HOW TO][A2017G] REMOVE "unlocked bootloader screen" at boot

Search This thread

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE CONTINUING or FLASHING THE ZIP ! AS THIS ONLY WORKS DESCENT FOR G VERSION , I ONLY RECOMMEND TO DO SO ! USING IT ON A U-VERSION (B19/B25) MIGHT BRICK YOUR PHONE. ALSO TESTED & WORKING ON Project New World (Oreo) on G VERSION

I am not responsible for damaging/bricking your phone or other related stuff…DO MAKE A FULL BACKUP !
ONLY FOR A2017G & also on A2017G B32 Oreo PNW
DON'T USE ON B13 (MF5.0) BECAUSE IT DOES NOT WORK !!! Tested it myself.
Only to use whether flashed Universal B15 (or B32 on PNW) or Stock Bootloaders before.

Don't use on encrypted phones and remove security pattern before flash
Always backup your data. In case you have to format data you'll have a spare one to restore ;)

EDIT : made a flashable zip : Remove Bootloader Unlock Warning on Axon 7G : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291698596

As @Choose an username... asked to bring this to your attention again hereby a fairly easy and safe method to get rid of that annoying "unlocked bootloader" warning.
I did mentioned this before in the earlier days but perhaps its usefull to post it again. And if you're planning to stay a while on your rom this might help to have a clean boot.
I performed this steps often on my G and imo are safe to do.

So, take a look HERE
Prepare with necessary files (if you already haven't from before ;))
( Be on twrp 3.1.1.0 (3.2.1.0) )
Just perform steps 6 to 14 again (NOTE ! : If you get a permissions denied issue, try doing these steps while your device is in TWRP )
After that just type "fastboot reboot" and you should have a clean boot.
-------------------------------------------------
B) Unlock the bootloader
Q: Why do I need to unlock the bootloader?
A: With an unlocked bootloader, you can install custom ROMs.

1) Go to https://mega.nz/#F!rcFCQZ7C!vn457hU1zDwc0uVpvm5otw and download the aboot.img file from there (1024Kb). Put it in the same folder you used in the previous process
2) Download this file: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862665656
3) Unzip the file and copy/cut the file called "fastboot_unlock.img"
4) Paste that file in the folder where "adb.exe", "axon7tool.exe", "recovery.img", "recovery.bin" and "aboot.img" are located
5) If there's none open, open a new command window in that folder again (Shift + right-click and "open command window here")
6) Type "adb push aboot.img /sdcard/" and hit enter
7) Type "adb push fastboot_unlock.img /sdcard/" and hit enter
8) Type "adb shell dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fbop of=/sdcard/fbop_lock.img" and hit enter
9) Type "adb shell dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot of=/sdcard/aboot_lock.img" and hit enter
10) Type "adb pull /sdcard/fbop_lock.img" and hit enter
11) Type "adb pull /sdcard/aboot_lock.img" and hit enter
12) Type "adb shell dd if=/sdcard/fastboot_unlock.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fbop" and hit enter
13) Type "adb shell dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot" and hit enter
14) Type "Adb reboot bootloader" and hit enter to go to the bootloader

Thanks @Controllerboy

Last edited:

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Can we not create flashable ZIPs for this to save Time? Something with AROMA to choose the Specific Device Files would be cool or nah? Let Me know if there is interest on this. I could help with the Scripts...

BR

Reactions: raystef66

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Can we not create flashable ZIPs for this to save Time? Something with AROMA to choose the Specific Device Files would be cool or nah? Let Me know if there is interest on this. I could help with the Scripts...

BR
Thnx for your reply.
But AFAIK this procedure might not work on the U version but not sure ( afaik no go on A2017). So therefore i just used the "known" familiar bootloader files.
But if it would work, so someone should test their specific files on U version, an AROMA zip would be interesting to make.
I can i you want but feel free to join in if A2017U and A2017 or good to go :good:
But then again we have to get some feedback on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miustone

Miustone

Jul 23, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thnx for your reply.
But AFAIK this procedure might not work on the U version but not sure ( afaik no go on A2017). So therefore i just used the "known" familiar bootloader files.
But if it would work, so someone should test their specific files on U version, an AROMA zip would be interesting to make.
I can i you want but feel free to join in if A2017U and A2017 or good to go :good:
But then again we have to get some feedback on this.

First of all a happy new Year! :angel:
Think i will take a look on it in the next Days, would be cool if someone could test which Variants are supporting this. I see a flashable ZIP could be very useful for People who are switching the OS a lot of times (like i do). I own the G Version BTW.

BR

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
First of all a happy new Year! :angel:
Think i will take a look on it in the next Days, would be cool if someone could test which Variants are supporting this. I see a flashable ZIP could be very useful for People who are switching the OS a lot of times (like i do). I own the G Version BTW.

BR
Happy new Year too and best wishes to all here on XDA !
Yeah such a zip for all variants should be handy. A A2017U user should test this method.
Anyway on G it works.

At the boot hold the Vol-Button and Power. And now you cant see the Bootloader-Message. Otherwise flash this zip: http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/xYBio6uW/file.html

I dont know if its work on the A2017U oder A2017 Devices. But it works definitely on the A2017G.
This zip works on G version (not sure about other versions) but only when coming from Universal BL imo. When using the B13 bootstack f.e. like on Mifavor 5.0 this ZIP would not work imo. So be carefull flashing it. As said, when on Universal BL this should work.
Thanks !

Last edited:

BaamAlex

May 1, 2017
I cant say that. It works under a2017g. But...you can test it. And say me if its work for the a2017u or a2017. But i cant guarantee for anything. Sry.

Spillunke

Dec 2, 2014
Berlin
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Okay then in another way: which bootloader was installed before you flashed your linked zip?
I messed up my phone completely one time with this "removal" from the first thread a few month ago.
So a wanna get sure this works with stock bootloader and not only the universal bootloader.

I also have the A2017G.

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Okay then in another way: which bootloader was installed before you flashed your linked zip?
I messed up my phone completely one time with this "removal" from the first thread a few month ago.
So a wanna get sure this works with stock bootloader and not only the universal bootloader.

I also have the A2017G.
If you're not sure about the zip he provided, just don't use it ;)
Do the above steps in 1st post and you'll be good to go. It takes only a minute or so, just copy paste in adb :eek:
Tip : just boot your phone in twrp before you do the steps. So you'll be sure about permissions

Last edited:
Reactions: Spillunke

pierre6768

Dec 3, 2015

I also have the A2017G.

Better use @raystef66 method to remove the message.
Owning a A2017G isn't the only prerequisite to flash this file; like already said it depends on bootloader version, device encryption and probably much more ...
As you said, flashing this sort of stuff is too hasardous. Just take a look at the thread concerning this remover; lot of users "bricked" their devices with this stuff.

Choose an username...

Oct 16, 2016
Hi all,
we need a person to test the tool, which removes the unlocked bootloader screen.
It do what it should do, but main problem is the question, if the adb.exe, which is included, is working in this case.

Axon 7 2017G on nougat with unlocked BL info-screen and a windows pc without ADB are the only requirements.

Download the file and give a feedback pls.
Why can't this be made via a flashable zip? It would be much easier to use and you wouldn't have to rely on Windows behaving.

The only thing needed would be to test if ro.product.model=ZTE A2017G, I don't know if you can read from build.prop with a flashable zip but if possible that would be the best approach. That would be to test if your phone is actually a G, minimize problems. Also, if you have the Universal Bootloader all this would do is restore fastboot; it wouldn't brick a G with univ bl (Someone made a flashable zip with an old aboot a while back actually. It was meant for getting fastboot back. I think it doesn't work though).

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Why can't this be made via a flashable zip? It would be much easier to use and you wouldn't have to rely on Windows behaving.

The only thing needed would be to test if ro.product.model=ZTE A2017G, I don't know if you can read from build.prop with a flashable zip but if possible that would be the best approach. That would be to test if your phone is actually a G, minimize problems. Also, if you have the Universal Bootloader all this would do is restore fastboot; it wouldn't brick a G with univ bl (Someone made a flashable zip with an old aboot a while back actually. It was meant for getting fastboot back. I think it doesn't work though).
It's indeed better to make an aroma zip for all devices. I'm actually looking into that right now. Hopefully with success. Come back to you when working on G in the first place.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE CONTINUING or FLASHING THE ZIP ! AS THIS ONLY WORKS DESCENT FOR G VERSION , I ONLY RECOMMEND TO DO SO ! USING IT ON A U-VERSION (B19/B25) MIGHT BRICK YOUR PHONE. ALSO TESTED & WORKING ON Project New World (Oreo) on G VERSION

I am not responsible for damaging/bricking your phone or other related stuff…DO MAKE A FULL BACKUP !
    ONLY FOR A2017G & also on A2017G B32 Oreo PNW
    DON'T USE ON B13 (MF5.0) BECAUSE IT DOES NOT WORK !!! Tested it myself.
    Only to use whether flashed Universal B15 (or B32 on PNW) or Stock Bootloaders before.

Don't use on encrypted phones and remove security pattern before flash
    Always backup your data. In case you have to format data you'll have a spare one to restore ;)

EDIT : made a flashable zip : Remove Bootloader Unlock Warning on Axon 7G : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=745849072291698596

As @Choose an username... asked to bring this to your attention again hereby a fairly easy and safe method to get rid of that annoying "unlocked bootloader" warning.
    I did mentioned this before in the earlier days but perhaps its usefull to post it again. And if you're planning to stay a while on your rom this might help to have a clean boot.
    I performed this steps often on my G and imo are safe to do.

So, take a look HERE
    Prepare with necessary files (if you already haven't from before ;))
    ( Be on twrp 3.1.1.0 (3.2.1.0) )
    Just perform steps 6 to 14 again (NOTE ! : If you get a permissions denied issue, try doing these steps while your device is in TWRP )
    After that just type "fastboot reboot" and you should have a clean boot.
    B) Unlock the bootloader
    Q: Why do I need to unlock the bootloader?
    A: With an unlocked bootloader, you can install custom ROMs.

1) Go to https://mega.nz/#F!rcFCQZ7C!vn457hU1zDwc0uVpvm5otw and download the aboot.img file from there (1024Kb). Put it in the same folder you used in the previous process
    2) Download this file: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862665656
    3) Unzip the file and copy/cut the file called "fastboot_unlock.img"
    4) Paste that file in the folder where "adb.exe", "axon7tool.exe", "recovery.img", "recovery.bin" and "aboot.img" are located
    5) If there's none open, open a new command window in that folder again (Shift + right-click and "open command window here")
    6) Type "adb push aboot.img /sdcard/" and hit enter
    7) Type "adb push fastboot_unlock.img /sdcard/" and hit enter
    8) Type "adb shell dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fbop of=/sdcard/fbop_lock.img" and hit enter
    9) Type "adb shell dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot of=/sdcard/aboot_lock.img" and hit enter
    10) Type "adb pull /sdcard/fbop_lock.img" and hit enter
    11) Type "adb pull /sdcard/aboot_lock.img" and hit enter
    12) Type "adb shell dd if=/sdcard/fastboot_unlock.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fbop" and hit enter
    13) Type "adb shell dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot" and hit enter
    14) Type "Adb reboot bootloader" and hit enter to go to the bootloader

Thanks @Controllerboy

I also have the A2017G.

Better use @raystef66 method to remove the message.
    Owning a A2017G isn't the only prerequisite to flash this file; like already said it depends on bootloader version, device encryption and probably much more ...
    As you said, flashing this sort of stuff is too hasardous. Just take a look at the thread concerning this remover; lot of users "bricked" their devices with this stuff.
    raystef66 and Choose an username

First of all my thanks to you guys for advice and assistance. :)
    In the end everything works as it should on my 2017G.

Little summary:
    1. Before applying the zip for removing '.....unlocked bootloader...' message in bootup I was on (N-B09 bootstack, N-B09 stocksystem)
    2. Made nandroid backup several days ago.
    3. Yesterday I applied the zip file.
    4. After that I encountered problems described in my previous posts.
    5. At that stage I formatted Data partition so I could actually boot to gui.
    6. Since I couldn't get SuperSU to work, and I need it for Titanium Backup, I decided to do restore of the backup from step 2.
    7. Restored everything back to the original (N-B09 bootstack, N-B09 stocksystem), except that Data partition in backup was in ext4 format, and Data partition on the device was in exFat format after step 5. so I got warning saying that target partition needed to be in ext4 format in order to be able to use the device.
    8. Still in TWRP formatted Data partition to ext4, restored Data partition from the backup, and this time no warning messages.
    9. Rebooted my A2017G and no '.....unlocked bootloader' message, SuperSU 2.82 SR5 works flawlessly, and the whole device is like a new again! :)

Maybe this will help someone if they face similar problems.

It's indeed better to make an aroma zip for all devices. I'm actually looking into that right now. Hopefully with success. Come back to you when working on G in the first place.

BR