To those on the new MIUI rom....

Search This thread

jpjj225

Jul 20, 2010
Don't know why, but no its not in the new version. Same question was asked in their forums and still didn't get a real answer. I think they're going to put it back in eventually.

GRZLA

Sep 14, 2010
I bet if they put their source code out we would have trackball wake.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using XDA App

If they put out source their whole sms system would be forked across all roms in a matter of hours.

MIUI's toast notification of sms with reply is the only reason i really enjoy MIUI.

tcberg2010

Apr 12, 2010
North Carolina
If they put out source their whole sms system would be forked across all roms in a matter of hours.

MIUI's toast notification of sms with reply is the only reason i really enjoy MIUI.

That's the wonder of open source though. If google didn't make Android open source we wouldn't have MIUI, therefore imo MIUI source should also be open source.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using XDA App

daddyshatch

Oct 31, 2010
I really enjoy MIUI just too buggy for me.. I've been running it since I had my og Droid and it sure has come a long way, still needs some work for sure.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

chris98891

Aug 18, 2010
I really enjoy MIUI just too buggy for me.. I've been running it since I had my og Droid and it sure has come a long way, still needs some work for sure.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

I think the last few updates have been not steps, but leaps backwards. Each release has another new bug that just drives me up the wall, and its never fixed.

1. notification bar in lock screen constantly has date
2. carrier logo is permanently in notification bar when unlocked/no notifications
3. can't send sms to recipients with "-" in number/camera FC with flash

those are the last 3 most recent releases.

renzo.olivares

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2011
I think the last few updates have been not steps, but leaps backwards. Each release has another new bug that just drives me up the wall, and its never fixed.

2. carrier logo is permanently in notification bar when unlocked/no notifications

for number #3 ill test it and tell you if its true for you or for everyone.
and #1 doesn't bother me and #2 i don't get what youre saying.

chris98891

Aug 18, 2010
for number #3 ill test it and tell you if its true for you or for everyone.
and #1 doesn't bother me and #2 i don't get what youre saying.

multiple people confirmed it on miui.us, and i confirmed it on my buddys phone with the same 1.5.6.1

With #2, the carrier name is ALWAYS in the notification bar (unless there are active notifications) I used changecarriername to change it to something else, but either way it annoys me.

renzo.olivares

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2011
multiple people confirmed it on miui.us, and i confirmed it on my buddys phone with the same 1.5.6.1

With #2, the carrier name is ALWAYS in the notification bar (unless there are active notifications) I used changecarriername to change it to something else, but either way it annoys me.

for #3 ye i also get it when i try to enter them to sms it doesn't show their name.. i have to go into contacts and click their contact info and press send sms.

zerocool79346

Jul 14, 2010
Lubbock

I don't have number 2, I don't know why, maybe its the theme I'm on or something.

Winston Lane

May 25, 2010
Portland Or

#3 camera FC with flash...

You have to wait for it to focus then snap the pic! if you dont wait youll get the FC.