Rooted but what else...?

Search This thread

Kohltont22

Jan 19, 2013
Im rooted but can't really find any root specific apps. I mean like changing the boot animation or make my notification bar transparent. Any app recomendations?

Sent from my C525c using xda app-developers app

M

Modding.MyMind

Boot animation can be changed directly from your phone. Just look around and find one you like, may need adjustment based on resolution, and switch it out. Don't need an app for that lol.

Notification bar can be done within the systemui.apk. Just need to decompile the app so you can make your adjustment. Will be located within res/layout/*

XDA is very resourceful on how to do it :)

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

Kohltont22

Jan 19, 2013
Thanks guys. Right now im messing around with xposed

Kohltont22

Jan 19, 2013
Keeps saying not a valid apk for the sense 5 mods

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393541138268.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393541138268.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 56

Kohltont22

Jan 19, 2013
I highly doubt Boost will give us an update lol ?

M

Modding.MyMind

I really think, boost will give you your update!
But honestly, it is mess that they need so long. And if i had such a case only one time, i would never buy a phone from such provider again.

I agree, but their monthly cost for services is really good which is why I am sticking around lol. Starts out at $55 a month. Every six months that you pay on time, it will drop $5. You can get it as low as $40 a month with unlimited services. Not a bad deal lol.

Kohltont22

Jan 19, 2013
I went over the 2gb twice now and when they reduce your data speeds they mean it. I now cant even get 1mb download or upload on LTE

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1393892348853.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1393892348853.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 28
M

Modding.MyMind

I wouldn't know much about that lol. I don't get 4G that often so I am never really faced with the problem lol.

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
I went over the 2gb twice now and when they reduce your data speeds they mean it. I now cant even get 1mb download or upload on LTE

Hey bro, do this....to stop them from throttling you

In a file explorer with su rights(root explorer)

Go to /data/system/throttle

First:

Change the permissions to r-x

Then open the folder and delete the two contents inside.....

Then reboot

Victory....no more throttle!

Reactions: Kreatur3

Kohltont22

Jan 19, 2013
@russellvone I did that but my speeds are still the same.. Im assuming it is because im stuck on 4.1

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
@russellvone I did that but my speeds are still the same.. Im assuming it is because im stuck on 4.1

It's gotta be done before your throttled....do it as soon as your plan re-ups for next month....then it won't throttle after the 2 gig usage

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Or check and make sure the files are still gone.....make sure it didn't re write the 2 files you deleted

Kohltont22

Jan 19, 2013
Okay will do. Next month will those 2 files auto pop back there or will they stay gone since I deleted them?

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
I haven't been throttled in over 3 months.....my plan just restarted, so I'll post some dl speeds after I hit the 2~2.5 gig Mark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im rooted but can't really find any root specific apps. I mean like changing the boot animation or make my notification bar transparent. Any app recomendations?

Xposed framework and sense 5 toolbox. Must have... :)
    Check and see if there still gone

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

ube2edag.jpg

7uzyzysy.jpg
    I guess you are not update to 4.2.2? Sense 5 toolbox don't work on sense 4 rom.

You should update to 4.2.2.

Hey bro, do this....to stop them from throttling you

In a file explorer with su rights(root explorer)

Go to /data/system/throttle

First:

Change the permissions to r-x

Then open the folder and delete the two contents inside.....

Then reboot

Victory....no more throttle!
    I stream Netflix every night from my phone to the big screen via HTC hdmi media link with only my devices 4gLTE and I mean 2 hours minimum a night, anyways, once I get over the 2.5 gig "throttle zone" I'll post my network speeds along with data usage to show that this works

I don't know of what's going on with my phone. I can't steam Netflix, YouTube, or Pandora unless I'm on wifi. Haven't been able to in many months. Might try a complete reboot of my phone with the ruu. :(