[Q] Need clarification on going back to stock

Search This thread
May 5, 2011
I'm sorry if this has been answered already, but I cannot find a clear answer.
My Verizon Note 3 came from the store with Kit Kat.
I put safe strap recovery on it, and have it running AllianceROM build 2 right now.
I want to go back to stock, just as it came from the store, so I can give it to a friend. No root, no safe strap, just stock.
Can I simply just ODIN back with the stock 4.4.2 tar file? Is that really all there is to it?

I

May 5, 2011
Solved

For anyone questioning the same thing, after searching over dozens of threads... I took a chance and had success with one thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2483380

I was confused on firmware versions, because I bought my Note 3 late in its' release, and it came with 4.4.2 (NC4), and from there I rooted and did the safestrap thing. Many restore-to-stock threads focus on 4.3, and you can't go backwards in firmware from what I understand.

Okay so, anyone with a newer (4.4.2/NC4) Note 3, you can go back to stock by following the guide in the thread above. It worked for me anyway. Just follow the instructions but make sure you download the 4.4.2 firmware and not the 4.3 version, and make sure you wipe/factory reset afterwords. :victory:

Last edited:

newuser134

Dec 18, 2009
For anyone questioning the same thing, after searching over dozens of threads... I took a chance and had success with one thread:

http://xdaforums.com/verizon-galaxy-note-3/help/clarification-to-stock-t2946452

I was confused on firmware versions, because I bought my Note 3 late in its' release, and it came with 4.4.2 (NC4), and from there I rooted and did the safestrap thing. Many restore-to-stock threads focus on 4.3, and you can't go backwards in firmware from what I understand.

Okay so, anyone with a newer (4.4.2/NC4) Note 3, you can go back to stock by following the guide in the thread above. It worked for me anyway. Just follow the instructions but make sure you download the 4.4.2 firmware and not the 4.3 version, and make sure you wipe/factory reset afterwords. :victory:

The link you have posted to the thread that you used points back to this very thread we're in right now, lol, could you please correct it to point to the thread you used?

Thank you

Top Liked Posts