[32A - OLD RADIO] PSFreedom (v3 15/09/2010)

Search This thread

.kAroshi

Apr 27, 2010
Hello, since there seems to be some confusion I decided to start this thread for the 32A port.

The G1 / Magic 32B thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=776922

Note that all the work on PSFreedom was done by KaKaRoTo, and he was helped by DrMon in the MSM72K port, i merely compiled their work and put it in a simple package for everyone to enjoy.

I created 2 packages, an enabler and a disabler, that you have to flash over your working CM 6.0 Final installation.
Flashing the enabler will install the modded kernel and PSFreedom module. You will lose usb functionality completely (no adb, no mass storage etc.) until you flash the disabler.
After flashing the enabler the module will always start upon boot, you have to enter no commands on the terminal emulator.

[SIZE=+2]HOW TO:[/SIZE]
Preliminary: Make sure you are on CyanogenMod 6.0 Final and everything is working correctly. It has been reported that it works also with older CM6 versions and CM5 too, you may try if it works and report it in this thread. If it's the first time, do a Nandroid backup before testing!

Now psfreedom should be loaded as a module, you will see no difference, except for the loss of normal usb functions.

To run the exploit:
Make sure you are on 3.41 (DO NOT UPDATE OVER THE NETWORK!)
  • Connect the phone to the PS3 using usb
  • Turn it off completely (unplug power cable or turn off back switch on Fat models)
  • Plug it back in (turn on back switch)
  • Turn it on and immediately press the eject button (you should hear 3 quick beeps)
  • Booting should take a bit longer (5-10 seconds)

If you see two new options under the games tab, the exploit worked. You can now unplug the phone. Mind that you will have to do this procedure every time you boot your PS3. Try using another USB cable if it doesn't work with a few tries.

To uninstall:
  • Boot back into recovery
  • Flash Disable_PSFreedom_G1.zip
  • Reboot
You should have usb functions back to normal.

Payloads:
This version of PSFreedom contains the new PSGroove 1.1 payload (peek & poke)and is enabled for backups, but backup manager talk should not be done on this thread, there are other boards for that.

If you want to try other payloads (F.I. the new AerialX's apploader), you just have to load it into /proc/psfreedom/payload . You can do it by typing:
Code:
cat payload > /proc/psfreedom/payload

The payload can be wherever you want and has to be in the classic binary format. (just remember to substitute "payload" with the correct path).
Even better, if you put the new payload in the /data/local directory, named "payload" (no quotes), it will be automatically loaded upon startup, thus becoming the default payload.

Mirrors:
Code:
Enabler: http://depositfiles.com/en/files/o1qpcbkeo
http://www.zshare.net/download/80630364707ab8fe/
http://rapidshare.com/files/420315547/Enable_PSFreedom_32A_v3.zip
Disabler: http://www.zshare.net/download/801637791c6185b2/

Versions:
Code:
v0: initial release
v1: +module loaded on startup
    +created disabler
v2: updated payload (peek & poke) 
v3: resolved bootloop bug, updated PSFreedom, dynamic payload loading.

Last edited:

c0mrade2

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for yours work!:D

What about an application to enable/disable psfreedom? Will it be possible in the future?

Last edited:

nold-i-spolen

Aug 7, 2009
Under the rainbow
My Magic (32A) does just reboot over and over after flashing the enabler.......also after flashing the disabler........so now restoring (i ALWAYS back-up befor flashing anything!)

But thanks for trying!

.kAroshi

Apr 27, 2010
Old Radio, new radio requires a different kernel.

For the app, for now psfreedom requires a modded kernel, and it is not possible to switch them on the fly using an app. I know they're working on using a different driver, to avoid having to recompile the kernel. Still don't know if it can be done though.

Last edited:

H3llSp4wN

Jan 18, 2008
cm6

i'm just a bit confused about what cm6 rom should be better and should i use, because there are severeal releases (minimou, redux etc).

can u give me a tip about this?

best regards

.kAroshi

Apr 27, 2010
I always use the vanilla one, straight from the cyanogenMod forums. I think it should work with any of those versions though. Just make sure you're on old radio and you make a nandroid backup before trying.

focus400hp

Sep 8, 2010
Got a question? Does the mt3gs use the msm72k also and why is it not on the port list? Sorry I'm probably in the wrong area but thought I would try

captn007

Dec 17, 2009
Montreal
Hi , just have a question , looked arround with google , couldn't find my answer, maybe someone here knows,

Before trying this out, I would like to know if I can revert my ps3 to original state,
or to how it was before running psgroove?

Last edited:

repukken

Jul 30, 2010
Hey guys, I'm running into a little trouble after installing the PSFreedom enabler. My htc magic 32a (3.5mm jacket) just sits on the "HTC Magic" screen for eternity after flashing PSfreedom. I do have CM 6.0 installed, I believe its from Cyanogenmod 6.0 S/D version, I don't know what ebi I am nor if need to do something with kernel, but I just know I go into recovery, flash PSfreedom enabler, reboot, the "htc magic" logo shows up and then it sits there forever...Is there something I'm doing wrong?

focus400hp

Sep 8, 2010
MT3G is 32B, so head off to the Dream section and get that one instead.

its mt3g slide i believe its different though i did use the precompiled for the dream 32b on a g1 yesterday and works very well and with no probs at all still want to see something for the slide. i asked in the slide forums and everyone just had s*** to talk really