[CLOSED] BORETS ZenUI56 [9.0] [NOT GSI]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BORETS24

Jul 7, 2015
Moscow
5. Magisk works so you can use hide feature for banking apps to work.

Cons/Bugs:
1. Not able to hide magisk manager with different package
2. Not able to open developer settings

Good work @BORETS24 this is an daily driver rom.
Thanks for feedback and good words! I want to say about paragraph 5: in BORETS ROM Settings>ROOT required you can find Google Pay Patch for working banking apps without magisk hide needed and with any Google Play version.
About Bug #2: Need 10 taps on Build Number but NOT on BORETS ROM ZenUI5.0 Pie:D

Reactions: Achal09 and xtEzha

xtEzha

Dec 10, 2016
It is NOT GAME BOOSTER, this is publicity trick! This is harm TASK KILLER. It was on previous ZenUI and still now, one of the Asus Mobile manager service part.

On previous Rom have added AI Boost too? Finally i've come to previously Rom .
So smoothies Dev .
If on this Rom Stable on all app and system , i already installed pie borets Dev .
But nice work , you helping me .
Thank's a lot

BORETS24

Jul 7, 2015
Moscow
On previous Rom have added AI Boost too? Finally i've come to previously Rom .
So smoothies Dev .
If on this Rom Stable on all app and system , i already installed pie borets Dev .
But nice work , you helping me .
Thank's a lot
AI BOOST also trick. All task killers is harm and useless... In the next update I add Boost function in the QS panel because ROM for ZenUI fans(but it is not change my opninion about). Game Genie used this function also but call this like game booster for loud sounds like effect:D

Reactions: Achal09 and xtEzha

xtEzha

Dec 10, 2016
Wow , i am is a ZENUI fans :cool:
Game Genie added GPU optimizer too dev .
Like a ROG gaming :good:
I still waiting fir next update dev .

xtEzha

Dec 10, 2016
Yes i think so .
just my advice, maybe there is another way to do it dev

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

ROG Phone have special filesystem partition for GPU optimizer. I do not think that it possible to port. And I'm is not a gamer

Yes i think so .
just my advice, maybe there is another way to do it dev

Achal09

Aug 7, 2017
Thanks for feedback and good words! I want to say about paragraph 5: in BORETS ROM Settings>ROOT required you can find Google Pay Patch for working banking apps without magisk hide needed and with any Google Play version.
About Bug #2: Need 10 taps on Build Number but NOT on BORETS ROM ZenUI5.0 Pie:D

Yes bro the patch works flawless but hide is needed for me for my company app which we all can ignore.
Developer tab is not opening on my phone it is freezing the phone don't know why.
Anyways the ROM is very good please look if you can make it smooth in next build. Thanks for your hard work!

utsavdey

May 5, 2018
Kolkata
The rom seems great...I want to give it a try...I'm currently on another custom rom with .53 firmware flashed...what I have to do to flash this rom...and one big question from me is can I use banking apps like Paytm, phonepe, google tez etc????

eenkiinkeenk

Jul 24, 2015
feels like im using zenfone 5.. great rom.. everythings works flawlesly.. theres some cons..
- status bar font/icon size too small compare to zenfone 5

one thing sir.. is there any change i can add the audio wizard? great works..

Last edited:

boosters

May 15, 2018
I'm using a batik recovery, when I am trying to flash the rom, it keeps restarting the recovery, plase help.

shyamkumar1604

Sep 5, 2017
visakhapatnam
i have clean flashed the rom
so here is my review of this Rom
first boot took nearly 8 mins because of the fact that the rom is fully deodexed
intial impressions were not that great
the UI is good to look but the UI response needs to modified severely
UI is lagging mostly . Hope the dev can fix it asap
Audio through 3.5 mm jack isn't that great compared to havoc Rom
Night light is working fine
nice battery backup
you can get SOT of easily 8 hours with normal usage
Asus themes are working
lockscreen UI is damn good
i think this Rom is great but the UI should be fast
if the UI is fast enough like the stock Rom then it will be the perfect daily driver and OS for the asus zenfone max pro m1
Dev your hardwork is very valuable and it just needs some modifications
please fix the response rate and we will make this Rom our primary daily driver
with love and Hope on behalf of all the maxproM1 users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BORETS ZenUI56 Pie based on Zenfone 5 ZE620, Zenfone 5Z and stock Max Pro M1 Pie 059,Zenfone 6 ROMs​
    17096876.jpg
    17096874.jpg
    17096873.jpg
    17096870.jpg
    17096875.jpg

Description:​
    -This is NOT GSI port!!!
    -This is combine ZenUI 5.0 + ZenUI 6.0 features and several features ZenUI 4.0
    - style is hybrid ZenUI 5.0 + ZenUI 6.0
    -Asus AudioWizard support
    -boot.img patched with Magisk. Important! If do not want great interface lags then never remove Magisk because Magisk fix deodexed Oreo and Pie ROMs. And if change kernel then you should install Magisk again
    -audio ported from Zenfone 6
    -SELinux Enforcing
    -Advanced reboot mode with reboot to bootloader, recovery and fast reboot
    -NFC, bluetooth, wifi etc. working fine,
    -Basic ZenUI 5.0 and 6.0 Pie features
    -ZenUI 6.0 Launcher
    -BORETS ROM settings which have some customizations and patch for Google Pay work
    -persist option for enable/disable PIN/pattern after reboot disabled by default if you using fingerprint
    - ROM included custom kernel which I compilied from stock Pie 055 stock kernel sources and I added TTL fixation support
    -Cam2API enabled
    -Added 3G/4G and 4G network mode. Be careful with using only 4G mode, use it only if absolutely necessary, because if your operator does not support VoLTE, there is no coverage, or VoLTE is disabled in the settings, then you will not be able to make and receive calls
    -Led have notification prority over battery led when charging
    -Alarm can work even if phone is off
    -f2fs supported
    - Zenfone Parts where you can to set microphone gain and vibration strength
    -Many other

Bugs/shortcommings:​
    - If you using two SIM cards and choose some SIM card for default voice call then after ~3-5 minutes after each reboot choosed default SIM card for voice calls changed to "always ask"
    -audio recording working via noise reduction top microphone
    -Stock Snapdragon Camera app can't write photo on SD card. Use Internal memory. But Asus Camera can save to SD Card.
    -ROM and kernel support fast charging but not showing charging speed because ZenUI use another method detection speed a place of time remainig!
    -In Asus Music did not work folder play because app is old for Marshmallow
    -Stock Snapdragon Camera app can't write photo on SD card. Use Internal memory. But Asus Camera can save to SD Card.
    -ROM and kernel support fast charging but not showing charging speed because ZenUI use another method detection speed a place of time remainig!
    -In Asus Music did not work folder play because app is old for Marshmallow
    -For unknown reasons, if you apply third-party dark colored wallpapers on your desktop, then the volume panel becomes grey with dark buttons. The solution, if you want to use your dark wallpaper with dark system theme and have a volume panel of full dark color - create your own theme by including your picture in the composition. This is done from the "Themes" application - the "Me" tab -My creations-paint roller-create a theme and then install it from the same "My creations" menu. Composition light system theme+dark third-party dark wallpapers have not this bug already

How to install:​
    How to install:
    1. Possible dirty install over my previous builds but I disclaimer
    2. No need to flash any firmware because ROM installer is all inclusive
    3. Need unlocked bootloader and TWRP 3.2.3.0 or newer
    4. Download ROM and put to phone
    5. If you using another ROM(not BORETS ZenUI56) then you should Twrp and make wipe>advanced wipe>data. IMPORTANT: if you used f2fs for data and/or cache in previous ROM then please format them in ext4 back because I'm not add this placebo in my ROM and in the kernel
    6. Install ROM zip
    7. Wipe dalvik-cache
    8. Turn on phone and wait 5-10 minutes
    9 Enjoy

Download link: {Mod edit: Link removed}
    Changelog:

21/03/2021
    Increased Asus Launcher UI performance
    Optimized microphone volume level, increased speakerphone volume for VOIP calling, whatsapp callings use both microphones
    Camera recording in stereo now
    Removed Play Music and Google Turbo
    Removed Microphone gain settings because not working and no needed now
    Moved settings for double tap power button for launch camera in main section of advanced settings
    Completely disabled APPs signature verification
    boot.img Magisk 22.0 patched
    Many more
    03/04/2020
    Updated Asus Contacts, ContactProvider, Asus Calling screen, TelephonyProvider and something else
    Heads-up incall notifications working in any apps when screen is on
    Some changes in ActivityManagerService and RecentsTask, ProcessList
    boot.img patched by Magisk 20.4
    27/03/2020
    Tried to make UI more smoother and app launching faster

Added QS tile for choosing SIM card for cellular data

21/03/2020
    Fixed: weather app force close when moon in the sky

Fixed: sound records did not work in Facebook messenger, Instagram

Fixed: brightness mirror background always was white even on dark themes

Updated APN list to stock ROM 061 with some providers additions

15/03/2020
    Fixed: speakerphone mode mic not work

Fixed: Voip calling work via top noise reduction microphone

Fixed: some libraries was corrupted

Fixed: forget replace some blobs 060 with 061

Audio recording now working via noise reduction top microphone
    11/03/2020
    Fixed: since 7 July 2019 lost voice after answer on incomming calls with wired headphones

Increased voice calls sound quality in handset, wired headphones and wireless headphones

Some ASUS AudioWizard configurations from Android Q

Updated ROM base to ASUS stock 061, February security patch

Rebuild SELinux policy
    24/11/2019
    Rebranding into the shorter name "BORETS ZenUI56", I hope this will reduce the number of distortions of the firmware name from foreign users

Changed drivers WIFI, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS now works on read / write, not just read

BORETS ZenUI56 settings now support themes

Added style switching between ZenUI56 and ZenUI 6.0

Added system accents, the default is Pixel, it is closer to the BORETS ZenUI56 style than the stock ROM green

Deleted unused libraries, some rolled back to stock, updated some applications

Some components of firmware from service firmware 059

Other
    15/11/2019

Added Asus AudioWizard from Android Q and made it available even in app menu

Increased status bar clock and percentage size

Added option in the BORETS ROM settings for switch navigation bar style between ZenUI 5.0 and 6.0

Fixed: Asus Desk clock crash when you dirty install on previous ROM builds

Updated some google apps

Removed Snapdragon Gallery

Others
    12/11/2019
    Added gestures in the display settings-standby screen-Ambient display: lift to check phone, hand wave, pulse notifications when removal from pocket

Some system applications from ZenUI 6.0 Android Q: calling screen, clock, sound recorder, file manager

Audio calibrations in the kernel from Zenfone 6

I hope that fixed spontaneous window animation switching. Attention! After installing this version, you need to go into the developer options and re-set the animation values

Developer options activated by default

Deleted some programs, the archieve size decreased to 1.88 GB

I found some errors inside the system partition and fixed them
    08/11/2019
    Disclaimer: I do not respond for hearing damage from listen music on high volume level! Improving the sound both in the wire and in Bluetooth, the bass is juicier, the volume of music has increased significantly, especially in wired headphones, the background hiss is eliminated when talking via Bluetooth headsets

Updated exFAT drivers in the kernel

Added a choice of the type of reboot menu between advanced and simple

Led indicator now work correct, no overlay notification led on charger led

Some edits of the weather application, now, it seems, doesn’t lag like this when changing cities

Fixed: the main camera lagged in WhatsApp and some other applications

Allined ZenUI 4.0 weather widget on lockscreen

Fixed: Ambient display brightness was very low

Bugfix: I forgot to add access points for Yota again

03/11/2019
    Now the main components of the ROM from Zenfone 6, and not from Zenfone 5

Initial setup wizard from Zenfone 6, do not look for a retractable camera and smart keys, ok?

Dialog windows on the bottom now, this is ZenUI 6.0 style

October 5, security patch from stock ROM 059

Aligned the icons in the status bar, reduced the size of the alarm clock, increased the size of the battery icon

The alarm now works even when the phone is turned off. In the alarm settings you will find such an option

I completed the dark theme, now it also works in the Quick setting tile editing menu. The brightness dialog now also becomes dark when applying a dark system theme, but this requires a restart of the Interface (SystemUI) or a reboot of the phone

The settings are now with ZenUI 6.0, however, I strongly reworked them, tried to delete all the items that were inactive for us, grouped them more conveniently, took the icons of the main settings menu from ZenUI5.0

In the settings, BORETS ROM added Quick setting panel transparency settings for the default theme (it doesn’t affect with third-party themes from the asus store) and the ability to hide camera shortcuts and slide shows on the lock screen

The reboot menu style selection setting has been moved to another section of the BORETS ROM settings, since now the root is not needed for operation

Mobile Manager from ZenUI6.0, so it does not have an icon in the menu, now access to it from the settings> Advanced> Mobile Manager

Removed IBook (EbiReader)

Updated many ASUS apps, updated some Google apps

Added Asus Local backup app, access from Settings>System menu

I shortened the volume bar and also fixed its green color when combining a light system theme with third-party dark wallpapers, and with a dark system theme + dark third-party wallpapers, the buttons above and below are dark. and the background of the slider is gray

The kernel is patched by Magisk 20.1, and also added support for current up to 1.5A for non-standard charges (tested the charger from Samsung A20-Ampere app show 1750 mA)

Option in Settings> Security and Lock Screen> Lock Screen preferences> Tint lock screen Now Works

Some sound configurations and libraries from Zenfone 6, wired and wireless sound now is really better

Network modes changed to global, as is done in stock ROM

Auto brightness is almost entirely from the latest Zenfone 6 firmware

Intelligent volume- ASUS AI Ringtone- now works, it’s a kind of growing call signal

Engineering menu "Testing" moved to "System"

Added sound recorder quick settings tile

Adde access to themes from Asus launcher which was removed by Asus

Fixed: TwinApps did not work

Fixed: it was impossible to enter a password for the wireless display, the phone went into reboot

Developing is very hard work, do not forget to donate to me

XDA:DevDB Information
    BORETS ZenUI56, ROM for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1

Contributors
    BORETS24
    Source Code: https://github.com/BORETS24/BORETS-PIE-kernel-for-ZB602KL-X00T

XDA:DevDB Information
    BORETS ZenUI56, ROM for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1

Contributors
    BORETS24
    Source Code: https://github.com/BORETS24/BORETS-PIE-kernel-for-ZB602KL-X00T

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Asus Stock ROMs

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2019-06-20
    Last Updated 2021-03-22
    Changelog;
    12 September
    -No more UI lags
    -based on 057 stock ROM
    -updated security patch to 5 August
    -decreased VoLTE icon size
    -added 3G/4G and 4G network modes
    -updated some apps
    -Fixed: do not work VoLTE
    -Fixed: do not work show/hide clock Lockscreen widget setting
    -Fixed: do not work long click on Night mode QS tile- was force close
    -Many other
    Changelog;
    08/11/2019
    Disclaimer: I do not respond for hearing damage from listen music on high volume level! Improving the sound both in the wire and in Bluetooth, the bass is juicier, the volume of music has increased significantly, especially in wired headphones, the background hiss is eliminated when talking via Bluetooth headsets

Updated exFAT drivers in the kernel

Added a choice of the type of reboot menu between advanced and simple

Led indicator now work correct, no overlay notification led on charger led

Some edits of the weather application, now, it seems, doesn’t lag like this when changing cities

Fixed: the main camera lagged in WhatsApp and some other applications

Allined ZenUI 4.0 weather widget on lockscreen

Fixed: Ambient display brightness was very low

Bugfix: I forgot to add access points for Yota again

Sorry, forgot declare here that 3 november also was update
    03/11/2019
    Now the main components of the ROM from Zenfone 6, and not from Zenfone 5

Initial setup wizard from Zenfone 6, do not look for a retractable camera and smart keys, ok?

Dialog windows on the bottom now, this is ZenUI 6.0 style

October 5, security patch from stock ROM 059

Aligned the icons in the status bar, reduced the size of the alarm clock, increased the size of the battery icon

The alarm now works even when the phone is turned off. In the alarm settings you will find such an option

I completed the dark theme, now it also works in the Quick setting tile editing menu. The brightness dialog now also becomes dark when applying a dark system theme, but this requires a restart of the Interface (SystemUI) or a reboot of the phone

The settings are now with ZenUI 6.0, however, I strongly reworked them, tried to delete all the items that were inactive for us, grouped them more conveniently, took the icons of the main settings menu from ZenUI5.0

In the settings, BORETS ROM added Quick setting panel transparency settings for the default theme (it doesn’t affect with third-party themes from the asus store) and the ability to hide camera shortcuts and slide shows on the lock screen

The reboot menu style selection setting has been moved to another section of the BORETS ROM settings, since now the root is not needed for operation

Mobile Manager from ZenUI6.0, so it does not have an icon in the menu, now access to it from the settings> Advanced> Mobile Manager

Removed IBook (EbiReader)

Updated many ASUS apps, updated some Google apps

Added Asus Local backup app, access from Settings>System menu

I shortened the volume bar and also fixed its green color when combining a light system theme with third-party dark wallpapers, and with a dark system theme + dark third-party wallpapers, the buttons above and below are dark. and the background of the slider is gray

The kernel is patched by Magisk 20.1, and also added support for current up to 1.5A for non-standard charges (tested the charger from Samsung A20-Ampere app show 1750 mA)

Option in Settings> Security and Lock Screen> Lock Screen preferences> Tint lock screen Now Works

Some sound configurations and libraries from Zenfone 6, wired and wireless sound now is really better

Network modes changed to global, as is done in stock ROM

Auto brightness is almost entirely from the latest Zenfone 6 firmware

Intelligent volume- ASUS AI Ringtone- now works, it’s a kind of growing call signal

Engineering menu "Testing" moved to "System"

Added sound recorder quick settings tile

Adde access to themes from Asus launcher which was removed by Asus

Fixed: TwinApps did not work

Fixed: it was impossible to enter a password for the wireless display, the phone went into reboot

Much more
    Wifi does not work on the latest firmware

24/11/2019
    Rebranding into the shorter name "BORETS ZenUI56", I hope this will reduce the number of distortions of the firmware name from foreign users

Changed drivers WIFI, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS now works on read / write, not just read

BORETS ZenUI56 settings now support themes

Added style switching between ZenUI56 and ZenUI 6.0

Added system accents, the default is Pixel, it is closer to the BORETS ZenUI56 style than the stock ROM green

Deleted unused libraries, some rolled back to stock, updated some applications

Some components of firmware from service firmware 059

Other
    Changelog;
    27/09/2019
    Updated some frameworks.

Much more odexed apps instead deodexed apps.

Snapdragon Camera from Asus Max Pro M2 ZB631KL instead our stock camera

Added music control with volume buttons when the screen is off. I do not know why but function start to work only after 4-5 minutes after each reboot

Recompile kernel for some fixes and boot.img now patched by Magisk 19.4

Added some warning and descriptions in BORETS ROM settings

Indonesian transtation for BORETS ROM settings. Big thanks to Muh. Radian for translation!

Updated some apps

Increase virtual key haptick feedback strength

Slightly aligned alarm icon relative to another status bar icon

Slightly aligned battery filling inside battery icon

Set "Fingerprint unlock after restart device" value to "By PIN-code/pattern" by default because "By fingerprint without a PIN-code/pattern." can cause disallow fingerprint autentification in some apps.

Fixed: since first released 21 June did not work manual network searching and manual registration in network

Fixed: overlay heads-up notifications on status bar clock if using left status bar clock position

-many more