OnePlus 6 incompatible with Samsung Pay plugin on Gear S3?

Search This thread

ukon16

Jan 23, 2016
Just got the one plus 6 but can't get the Samsung pay gear plugin to install. Tried to install the Samsung gear and apps via APKs and got error saying this device isn't supported!

Same for anybody else

FIXED: Latest version of samsung pay APK doesn't work.

Downloaded much older version and it worked like a charm:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsu...-gear-1-5-6306-android-apk-download/download/

You might need to enable "install unknown apps"

Last edited:

smokethrower2

Dec 24, 2012
Same issue here. Not rooted. Stock Oxygen OS 5.1.5. Samsung gear app installed from Google Play store and everything seems to be working with the watch, it connects fine and shows notifications and such. Just try to open Samsung Pay on the watch and it says to open the gear app on the phone and install the Samsung Pay plugin. Click Ok and it opens up the gear app on my phone and then get the error as follows.

"Installation failed, try again later"

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Same issue here. Not rooted. Stock Oxygen OS 5.1.5. Samsung gear app installed from Google Play store and everything seems to be working with the watch, it connects fine and shows notifications and such. Just try to open Samsung Pay on the watch and it says to open the gear app on the phone and install the Samsung Pay plugin. Click Ok and it opens up the gear app on my phone and then get the error as follows.

"Installation failed, try again later"

Check this thread. We were discussing this very thing.
https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6/help/buy-op6-samsung-gear-s3-100-t3796303

tcntad

Dec 14, 2011
Stockholm
Im having sort of troubles..

#1 I had to install the apk for Samsung Pay for Gear but 3 times since launch my card was deleted, just like S-Pay was reset
#2 Samsung Pay doesnt show up in the Samsung Gear app on my phone, region restrictions? Beacuse I used the APK?

GiSS88

Oct 27, 2011
Hate to bump an old thread, but considering the OP6T in the next couple of days. Do you still need to use an old APK to get pay to work? And does updating it also break S-Pay? Probably going to stay stock at least for a while on the new phone either way, but it will influence whether I go forward with the OP or go with a Samsung instead...

b.huss2

Dec 8, 2010
Greenville
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hate to bump an old thread, but considering the OP6T in the next couple of days. Do you still need to use an old APK to get pay to work? And does updating it also break S-Pay? Probably going to stay stock at least for a while on the new phone either way, but it will influence whether I go forward with the OP or go with a Samsung instead...

The problem now is you can't get Samsung wearable app from playstore because it says "device not compatible". However, you can get everything from apkmirror. It all works fine.