[HowTo W/Pack] Flash Stock I9000 2.3.3 NEE Updated (again) 4/25/11

Search This thread

HaiKaiDo

Mar 12, 2010

(So because all i have is Microsoft paint and i couldnt get a banner made otherwise, i present to you....my banner....as if it were done by me in the 3rd grade :D. And yes I left out the "t" just for to be a smart ass ^_^)

{EDIT:Oh look at me..:D an edit at the top of the page! I just thought I would mention that while i did include a fully working install guide in the downloadable package I put together, this page will always have the most up to date guide and info on installation and how NOT to brick your phone. Alright please resume your regularly scheduled activities :D}

Hey Guys!,

Since theres SO many people trying to flash the I9000 Release of gingerbread JVB with xcaliburinhand's kernel I decided to write a little tutorial and I have uploaded a pack with EVERYTHING youll need to flash I9000 2.3.3 Gingerbread NEE (WITH Bootloader) and the ReOriented Kernel.

Heres a little info before you get started
2.x download mode button combo Volume up/down and plug in usb cable
2.3.3 download mode button combo is Volume down + power button no usb needed
2.3.3 recovery hold power and volume up until you see the screen turn on, then release power and continue to hold volume up until you see recovery
2.3.3 USB settings are in Settings>Wireless and Network>USB Settings
2.3.3 debug mode settings>applications > development

DISCLAIMER AND WARNING
IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION THAT USING THE 3 BUTTON ODIN JF6 FLASH TO STOCK 2.x WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE BEYOND REPAIR FROM NORMAL METHODS INCLUDING DOWNLOAD MODE JIGS!! PLEASE USE THE 1 CLICK ODIN TO RETURN TO STOCK 2.x, AND THEN FROM THERE YOU MAY USE ODIN WITH THE 3 BUTTON FIX!!!!
AND AS ALWAYS! IF YOUR DOG BEGINS TO VOMIT PEA SOUP,YOUR GRANDMOTHER ROBS A BANK, YOU GROW A SECOND HEAD OR YOUR PHONE BRICKS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
####################################################
THIS IS THE ODIN YOU WILL WANT TO USE TO RETURN TO STOCK!!!! USE THIS ONE AND NOT THE 3 BUTTON ODIN. IF YOU NEED THE THREE BUTTON FIX JUST USE THE 1CLICK ODIN FIRST THEN USE THE 3 BUTTON FIX ODIN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD LINK
http://www.mediafire.com/file/uo180597pp3hprp/Flashing%20GingerBread%20I9000%20With%20REorient.rar

UPDATES
xcaliburinhands Kernel updated from 4/25/2011 see change log
vG.1.1
-Voodoo color fix
-Voodoo sound v8
-Compilation optimizations
-Call audio through dock

http://etc.muteheadlight.net/android/I9000_reoriented_vG.1.1_novoo.tar

MIRRORS
http://arnav.laxsav.com/MISC/Flashing%20Ginger Bread%20I9000%20With%20REorient.rar

Thanks to xtremekilla09 Of TeamPhoenix for the mirrors :]

List of included Files.

GT_I9000_XWJVB_XXJVK_NEEJV3_Sbl.exe
s1_odin_20100512.pit
CWM Flashable Zip to Enable CRT animation "Enable CRT Lock.Zip"
modem_ugjk4.zip (JK4 Modem)
update-xvjvb-home_button_fix.zip (Xcals fix for the non working homebutton)
zImage-root.tar (FuguRoot Odin tar File for Rooting after Install)
I9000_reoriented_vG.beta2.tar (xcals Beta 2 kernel)
ODIN3 v1.7 (if you dont know what this is PLEASE dont even try to flash this yet :D)
Tutorial Txt file for how to flash ginerbread
Tutorial Txt file for how to root Post install of 2.3.3

I will post the tutorials here also incase you already have everything you need and just need some help!

----------------------------------------------------------------

How to Flash Stock 2.2.3 I9000 NEE GingerBread WITH BOOTLOADER

1. Wipe data and cache/Factory Reset with CWM. (pull battery when complete to shut off phone)

2. Find the "GT_I9000_XWJVB_XXJVK_NEEJV3_Sbl.exe" file and click it and extract its contents into its current folder.

3. Open up Odin 1.7 and now select the 512 pit file I included, and select all the files in the necessary place in Odin and make sure "repartition" is selected". your odin should look like this http://d.pr/Ixt2

4. Put Your phone in download mode and connect, now hit start. (THIS IS WHERE THE ONLY DANGER IS, YOU ARE NOW FLASHING 2.3.3 AND THE NEW BOOTLOADER INCLUDED WITH 2.3.3 Just dont unplug your cable or have your computer die, otherwise you will be 100% Clear)

5. Boot up normally and let things settle.

6. now power off the phone and wait for it to shut off completely. at this point hold down "Volume down and Power" at the same time and wait till download digger appears. Open up Odin and select the 512 pit and xcals kernel(In the PDA box) I included and DE-select repartition if it auto selects and go ahead and connect your phone (Obviously needs to be in download mode) and flash.

7. The phone will reboot and once again let things settle (media scanning and whatnot). Plug in the USB cable and transfer the folders included in this pack named "Fixes and modems" and also "For Rooting" to your phone. then power off the phone once again. this time hold down "Volume Up and Power" as soon as you see the screen turn on let go of the power button and continue to hold volume up until you see CWM.

8. at this point you should be in CWM (Woot!). navigate to flash zip from SD and then navigate to the folder "Fixes and Modems" and flash "Enable CRT Lock.zip" and "update-xvjvb-home_button_fix.zip" and I recommend flashing "modem_ugjk4.zip" as JK4 seems to do the best.

9.Reboot. At this point reboot and you should be on stock 2.3.3! Congrats!! :D

10. If you want to root read the txt file i included for rooting! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Step Two! ROOTING!

1. I have included the file "zImage-root.tar" in the folder "For Rooting" which i already had you copy to your phone in the original instructions for installing 2.3.3 included in this pack!

2. Go ahead and power off your phone as you will need to go into download mode for this.

3. Open Odin again and once again select the "512 pit" file included and in the "PDA box" select the "zImage-root.tar". Make sure that repartition IS NOT selected.

4. Go ahead and put your phone in download mode and connect it up and hit "Start" !

5. (Dont Panic!) After it completes it will take you to the charging screen and will not boot up, ITS NOT SUPPOSED TOO, it just installs Busy box, SU, and Root.

6. at this point unplug your phone and close odin

7. now ONCE more go ahead and REOPEN Odin again.

8. Select the File "512 pit" and the kernel "I9000_reoriented_vG.beta2" (PDA) in the folder "Kernel Beta 2" (once again making sure repartition isnt selected)

9. Put your phone in download mode and reconnect and GO GO GO! Hit Start :D

10. Let it boot normally and Voila you are officially rooted.

If you need anymore help feel free to catch me on IRC at irc.shadowcard.net port 6667 channel #firefly

Last edited:

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
THIS IS BAD ASS MY FRIEND!!! Installed SpareParts apk and set windows to fast. This HAULS! You can even change lockscreen wallpapers under display options. DID I MENTION ITS BAD ASS?!?!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Reactions: LordNelson

HaiKaiDo

Mar 12, 2010
Awesome! glad everything works good and the tutorial is an easy read :D. Im currently re uploading the pack with the changed wording for the tutorial.

Edit: Pack updated. Anyone feel free to let me know if they come across any problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: designfears

Kribby

Oct 11, 2010
Thanks for the info, followed the information as instructed and *POOF* there was gingerbread.

OBatRFan

Feb 25, 2011
Great guide, but obviously the stock experience wouldn't live up to those of a custom ROM. What steps should we take to flash i9000 GB ROMs?

spinz

Jul 13, 2010
Toronto
I just thought I"d post one "problem" from when I got up and turned on my phone.. for whatever reason (I have an idea) I keep getting FC of the Notification bar and email.apk ... I have a feeling it has to do with my tibu restore...I'm going to reflash some stuff and see if it fixes it.. I tried a few clear cache and dalvik cache but that didn't help, I want to do a master reset but a bit scurred. I'll wait a bit and see if anyone has any ideas before I jump ahead. I can use my phone with no Not bar for a bit LOL
Thanks in advance :)

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
spinz said:
I just thought I"d post one "problem" from when I got up and turned on my phone.. for whatever reason (I have an idea) I keep getting FC of the Notification bar and email.apk ... I have a feeling it has to do with my tibu restore...I'm going to reflash some stuff and see if it fixes it.. I tried a few clear cache and dalvik cache but that didn't help, I want to do a master reset but a bit scurred. I'll wait a bit and see if anyone has any ideas before I jump ahead. I can use my phone with no Not bar for a bit LOL
Thanks in advance :)

I had no issues when I restored but I only restored apps no data of any kind.

spinz

Jul 13, 2010
Toronto
Ya...i dont know i only restored apps...not doing data i know better lol anway i did a factory reset via cwm and im back in action...ill restore slowly from tibu

Sent from my JVB Captivate using XDA App

jpcdeux

Mar 26, 2010
Laporte, IN
I let mine sit off all night, still no FC's since installing. Only issue is the rotation. Had to turn off in settings since whenever I go to settings it's in landscape mode. Mildy annoying when I want the web in landscape but if that's the only issue I have... I can suck it up lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

(So because all i have is Microsoft paint and i couldnt get a banner made otherwise, i present to you....my banner....as if it were done by me in the 3rd grade :D. And yes I left out the "t" just for to be a smart ass ^_^)

{EDIT:Oh look at me..:D an edit at the top of the page! I just thought I would mention that while i did include a fully working install guide in the downloadable package I put together, this page will always have the most up to date guide and info on installation and how NOT to brick your phone. Alright please resume your regularly scheduled activities :D}

Hey Guys!,

Since theres SO many people trying to flash the I9000 Release of gingerbread JVB with xcaliburinhand's kernel I decided to write a little tutorial and I have uploaded a pack with EVERYTHING youll need to flash I9000 2.3.3 Gingerbread NEE (WITH Bootloader) and the ReOriented Kernel.

Heres a little info before you get started
    2.x download mode button combo Volume up/down and plug in usb cable
    2.3.3 download mode button combo is Volume down + power button no usb needed
    2.3.3 recovery hold power and volume up until you see the screen turn on, then release power and continue to hold volume up until you see recovery
    2.3.3 USB settings are in Settings>Wireless and Network>USB Settings
    2.3.3 debug mode settings>applications > development

DISCLAIMER AND WARNING
    IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO OUR ATTENTION THAT USING THE 3 BUTTON ODIN JF6 FLASH TO STOCK 2.x WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE BEYOND REPAIR FROM NORMAL METHODS INCLUDING DOWNLOAD MODE JIGS!! PLEASE USE THE 1 CLICK ODIN TO RETURN TO STOCK 2.x, AND THEN FROM THERE YOU MAY USE ODIN WITH THE 3 BUTTON FIX!!!!
    AND AS ALWAYS! IF YOUR DOG BEGINS TO VOMIT PEA SOUP,YOUR GRANDMOTHER ROBS A BANK, YOU GROW A SECOND HEAD OR YOUR PHONE BRICKS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    THIS IS THE ODIN YOU WILL WANT TO USE TO RETURN TO STOCK!!!! USE THIS ONE AND NOT THE 3 BUTTON ODIN. IF YOU NEED THE THREE BUTTON FIX JUST USE THE 1CLICK ODIN FIRST THEN USE THE 3 BUTTON FIX ODIN
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD LINK
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/uo180597pp3hprp/Flashing%20GingerBread%20I9000%20With%20REorient.rar

UPDATES
    xcaliburinhands Kernel updated from 4/25/2011 see change log
    vG.1.1
    -Voodoo color fix
    -Voodoo sound v8
    -Compilation optimizations
    -Call audio through dock

http://etc.muteheadlight.net/android/I9000_reoriented_vG.1.1_novoo.tar

MIRRORS
    http://arnav.laxsav.com/MISC/Flashing%20Ginger Bread%20I9000%20With%20REorient.rar

Thanks to xtremekilla09 Of TeamPhoenix for the mirrors :]

List of included Files.

GT_I9000_XWJVB_XXJVK_NEEJV3_Sbl.exe
    s1_odin_20100512.pit
    CWM Flashable Zip to Enable CRT animation "Enable CRT Lock.Zip"
    modem_ugjk4.zip (JK4 Modem)
    update-xvjvb-home_button_fix.zip (Xcals fix for the non working homebutton)
    zImage-root.tar (FuguRoot Odin tar File for Rooting after Install)
    I9000_reoriented_vG.beta2.tar (xcals Beta 2 kernel)
    ODIN3 v1.7 (if you dont know what this is PLEASE dont even try to flash this yet :D)
    Tutorial Txt file for how to flash ginerbread
    Tutorial Txt file for how to root Post install of 2.3.3

I will post the tutorials here also incase you already have everything you need and just need some help!

----------------------------------------------------------------

How to Flash Stock 2.2.3 I9000 NEE GingerBread WITH BOOTLOADER

1. Wipe data and cache/Factory Reset with CWM. (pull battery when complete to shut off phone)

2. Find the "GT_I9000_XWJVB_XXJVK_NEEJV3_Sbl.exe" file and click it and extract its contents into its current folder.

3. Open up Odin 1.7 and now select the 512 pit file I included, and select all the files in the necessary place in Odin and make sure "repartition" is selected". your odin should look like this http://d.pr/Ixt2

4. Put Your phone in download mode and connect, now hit start. (THIS IS WHERE THE ONLY DANGER IS, YOU ARE NOW FLASHING 2.3.3 AND THE NEW BOOTLOADER INCLUDED WITH 2.3.3 Just dont unplug your cable or have your computer die, otherwise you will be 100% Clear)

5. Boot up normally and let things settle.

6. now power off the phone and wait for it to shut off completely. at this point hold down "Volume down and Power" at the same time and wait till download digger appears. Open up Odin and select the 512 pit and xcals kernel(In the PDA box) I included and DE-select repartition if it auto selects and go ahead and connect your phone (Obviously needs to be in download mode) and flash.

7. The phone will reboot and once again let things settle (media scanning and whatnot). Plug in the USB cable and transfer the folders included in this pack named "Fixes and modems" and also "For Rooting" to your phone. then power off the phone once again. this time hold down "Volume Up and Power" as soon as you see the screen turn on let go of the power button and continue to hold volume up until you see CWM.

8. at this point you should be in CWM (Woot!). navigate to flash zip from SD and then navigate to the folder "Fixes and Modems" and flash "Enable CRT Lock.zip" and "update-xvjvb-home_button_fix.zip" and I recommend flashing "modem_ugjk4.zip" as JK4 seems to do the best.

9.Reboot. At this point reboot and you should be on stock 2.3.3! Congrats!! :D

10. If you want to root read the txt file i included for rooting! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Step Two! ROOTING!

1. I have included the file "zImage-root.tar" in the folder "For Rooting" which i already had you copy to your phone in the original instructions for installing 2.3.3 included in this pack!

2. Go ahead and power off your phone as you will need to go into download mode for this.

3. Open Odin again and once again select the "512 pit" file included and in the "PDA box" select the "zImage-root.tar". Make sure that repartition IS NOT selected.

4. Go ahead and put your phone in download mode and connect it up and hit "Start" !

5. (Dont Panic!) After it completes it will take you to the charging screen and will not boot up, ITS NOT SUPPOSED TOO, it just installs Busy box, SU, and Root.

6. at this point unplug your phone and close odin

7. now ONCE more go ahead and REOPEN Odin again.

8. Select the File "512 pit" and the kernel "I9000_reoriented_vG.beta2" (PDA) in the folder "Kernel Beta 2" (once again making sure repartition isnt selected)

9. Put your phone in download mode and reconnect and GO GO GO! Hit Start :D

10. Let it boot normally and Voila you are officially rooted.

If you need anymore help feel free to catch me on IRC at irc.shadowcard.net port 6667 channel #firefly
    Awesome, let the GB frenzy begin.
    Update

Version 1.1 of the pack and tutorial - Fixed a wording issue that caused confusion.
    Downloading now, weill report back about it all later.. Thanks a million for this !!
    Absolutely love it, will test battery and stability and what not over the coming days but I think I'm in love again LOL

Thanks a million HaiKaiDo, wonderful work