Cooking Help Needed: Working on a HTC HD7 o2 NoDo ROM

Search This thread

c6ke

Mar 25, 2009
Hey all you ROM-cookers out there! I'm new to this thread but still I suppose I'm able to learn quickly.

For 2 days now I'm trying to find a way to flash the current NoDo ROM for the HD7 onto my Phone. It's an o2-Germany Phone with ID O2___102.

Here's my material:
- The NoDo Rom for HD7 HTC-Europe: from here (Flashable on IDs: HTC__001, HTC__203, HTC__102, HTC__032, HTC__405, HTC__304)
- The three Unbranding O2_DE ROM Files from Ansar: from here (All Flashable on IDs: O2___102)
they are:
* 1 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.61.207.01_Radio_5.52.09.16_22.33a.50.10U_by_ansar
* 2 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.16.401.01_Radio_5.51.09.06a_22.30.50.09U_Signed_by_ansar (Which always leads to an error in the end)
* 3 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.61.207.01_Radio_5.52.09.16_22.33a.50.10U_Signed_by_ansar
- An Original O2ROM from here
- An ominous ModelID.fig from the Ansar files (could it be, this is only an Imagefile?)

I worked with Hex-Editors, the NBH-Image Tool v1-2 here
but still: Everytime my created ROM gets stuck at 0%.

Here's what I tried already:
- Following this post I inserted the ModelID.fig into the HTC-Europe NoDo-Update Folder -> Stopped at 1% saying: Wrong ID - what a surprise! ;-)
- Change ID in RUU_signed.nbh and SPL from NoDo Update via Hex-Editor from HTC__001 to O2___102 and keep all other IDs -> 0%
- Change ID in RUU_signed.nbh and SPL from NoDo Update via Hex-Editor from HTC__001 to O2___102 and delete all other IDs -> 0%
- Unpack the original o2-ROM (RUU and SPL) via the NBH-ImageTool and repack it, try to flash it. Why does THIS not work? -> 0%
- Following this post and the ones after that I joked around with extraction out of and into the OS-Files. Nice Tools - but it didn't work out (See above- even with the original o2 ROM - just unpacked and repacked didn't work...) So no use here...

Here's my understanding of what should work and is my goal to achieve: If I unpack the NoDo-Rom with the NBH-ImageTool, enter the right CID and repack it - then it should update on my HD7 from O2-DE, right? --> It doesn't ;(
Got that idea from here.

Do i need the right O2_DE pvk file to sign my ROMS with the NBHImageTool? Do I get that somewhere? (Suppose: No)

So can anybody give me a hint what I do wrong?

Last edited:

FlexIDK

Jan 12, 2007
I'm try this method's too... I'm have t-mobile hd7. =(
I'm wait unbranding rom, or i'm want try goldcard...

4irm

Apr 24, 2007
Sydney
G'Day!

thx for trying...same here O2 Germany. Nothing has worked so far.

U should edit your topic since this is especially related to non O2 Uk devices.

regards
irm

siddartha

Jun 11, 2009
Hey all you ROM-cookers out there! I'm new to this thread but still I suppose I'm able to learn quickly.

For 2 days now I'm trying to find a way to flash the current NoDo ROM for the HD7 onto my Phone. It's an o2-Germany Phone with ID O2___102.

Here's my material:
- The NoDo Rom for HD7 HTC-Europe: from here (Flashable on IDs: HTC__001, HTC__203, HTC__102, HTC__032, HTC__405, HTC__304)
- The three Unbranding O2_DE ROM Files from Ansar: from here (All Flashable on IDs: O2___102)
they are:
* 1 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.61.207.01_Radio_5.52.09.16_22.33a.50.10U_by_ansar
* 2 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.16.401.01_Radio_5.51.09.06a_22.30.50.09U_Signed_by_ansar (Which always leads to an error in the end)
* 3 - RUU_Schubert_O2_DE_1.61.207.01_Radio_5.52.09.16_22.33a.50.10U_Signed_by_ansar
- An Original O2ROM from here
- An ominous ModelID.fig from the Ansar files (could it be, this is only an Imagefile?)

I worked with Hex-Editors, the NBH-Image Tool v1-2 here
but still: Everytime my created ROM gets stuck at 0%.

Here's what I tried already:
- Following this post I inserted the ModelID.fig into the HTC-Europe NoDo-Update Folder -> Stopped at 1% saying: Wrong ID - what a surprise! ;-)
- Change ID in RUU_signed.nbh and SPL from NoDo Update via Hex-Editor from HTC__001 to O2___102 and keep all other IDs -> 0%
- Change ID in RUU_signed.nbh and SPL from NoDo Update via Hex-Editor from HTC__001 to O2___102 and delete all other IDs -> 0%
- Unpack the original o2-ROM (RUU and SPL) via the NBH-ImageTool and repack it, try to flash it. Why does THIS not work? -> 0%
- Following this post and the ones after that I joked around with extraction out of and into the OS-Files. Nice Tools - but it didn't work out (See above- even with the original o2 ROM - just unpacked and repacked didn't work...) So no use here...

Here's my understanding of what should work and is my goal to achieve: If I unpack the NoDo-Rom with the NBH-ImageTool, enter the right CID and repack it - then it should update on my HD7 from O2-DE, right? --> It doesn't ;(
Got that idea from here.

Do i need the right O2_DE pvk file to sign my ROMS with the NBHImageTool? Do I get that somewhere? (Suppose: No)

So can anybody give me a hint what I do wrong?

good luck my friend, i can't wait for this :)

Rouz.

Jun 1, 2010
XDA
I also have trouble signing the ROMs to be flashable;

Even if its a ROM for my device's region, as soon as i extract it and build it again with NBHImageTool (without any modification), it become un-flashable.

You should probably ask this from ansar, as he has managed to do this. Although I'm not sure if he is willing to share what he know, but if you found out, please share with us too :)

You are also right about ModelID.fig being an image file. It does not contain any information that can affect the flashing process in anyway.

ceesheim

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 11, 2009
No Android Fanboys Please !!!
you could try this.

use the SPL_signed.nbh from a rom you can flash to .
so the nodo .nbh(RUU_signed.nbh from the new c&p build) and the SPL_signed.nbh from a rom you can flash.

Last edited:

dbcattermole

Jul 13, 2011
Basingstoke
aaaarrrgghh

First of all, Hi :)

2nd, I decided the other day it would be a good idea to load the win 7 software using aMAGLDR V1.12.......I now don't like it and would like to revert back to win 6.5.

I've tried connecting the phone to my laptop (running win7) but it's not recognised. What am I doing wrong and where do I go from here to get the phone back to some form of normality?

When I get the RGBW screen it comes up with:

PB81100 HX-BC
SPL-2.08.HSPL 8G XE
0x05
CotullaHSPL 0x30

Please help me, I am very new to this and will need things simplfying if poss :S

Cheers

Dan

cmiuc

May 1, 2011
I heard you guys are the ones to see if there is anyway to cook the files from the w7update that backs up your wp7 phone... has any of u guys ever looked into seeing if a selective restore or extracting certain files is possible from the files?

if i am barking up the wrong tree.... point me to the right tree...

nice to see the info here... its awesome