[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BoomBoomPOW

Dec 16, 2009
Uranus
Does this use data or datadata? Because when I check the datadata folder, nothing was in it. Which prompted me to flash a data2datadata script. Now it's snappy.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Reactions: thepatman

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Does this use data or datadata? Because when I check the datadata folder, nothing was in it. Which prompted me to flash a data2datadata script. Now it's snappy.

yes it does and it should have put the stuff in there. Please post the script so i can link it to OP. I was wondering why few were saying its laggy and i asked them to look into datadata but nobody responded

jaliscojorge

Nov 18, 2008
format system? if you didn't do that, there could be some stuff in init.d thats interefering.

To be honest I totally planned on it but I'm thinking I might have somehow missed that step. I'll have to try again and make sure I don't miss it. I have been on a flash craze with all the ics roms while tending my toddler which isn't very helpful for the time and patience needed to do things right. Sorry for my previous post, I wasn't trying to bash your rom just giving my experience with it but realize it could have been caused by my own mistake.

powered by ICS Euphoria

salazar.r1

Aug 13, 2010
Chicago
Ok, I caved and loaded Glitch Kernel. I'm loving the smothness of this ROM so far, battery life is starting to stabilize I think.

Since I'm running Glitch, if I push AriesParts.apk I should be able to adjust color right?

BTW - I confirmed that mine is running datadata already. :):)

EDIT - can anyone confirm that Galaxy S Settings is working? Mine keeps FCing

Last edited:

Smartassassin

Dec 8, 2010
Parkville, Mo
Ok, I caved and loaded Glitch Kernel. I'm loving the smothness of this ROM so far, battery life is starting to stabilize I think.

Since I'm running Glitch, if I push AriesParts.apk I should be able to adjust color right?

BTW - I confirmed that mine is running datadata already. :):)

EDIT - can anyone confirm that Galaxy S Settings is working? Mine keeps FCing
ditto, I'm trying out a few options with Aries parts but having no luck so far.

Sent from my phone, not yours.

mksin11

Oct 9, 2011
How is the battery life on this compared to bionix fishmanmod? And performance?

kxlling

Mar 28, 2009
Las Vegas
Is there any way to get tv out to work on the vibrant? I tried the file from the i9000 post you linked to and it doesn't seem to work. This is the main thing I miss from the the samsung roms that aosp roms usually don't have.

I also tried the battery percentage mod and had system ui error, any plans on modding this for the vibrant as well?

Edit: never mind the battery mod, found it in settings.

Last edited:

GTOJim

Aug 12, 2010
SF Bay Area
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My weather apps can't find my location. Is this a normal issue with this rom or am I just gifted.

Fixed, I had to check a box to use Google's location service, it wasn't checked by default on my device.

Last edited:
M

mulderc

Thank you!!! This ROM is amazing!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

mryounghc

Nov 15, 2009
pembroke pines
nice rom. only problem i have is i dont get any data unless i turn toggle airplane mode. i have tried other modems. i used the second instructions

alexdemonumber3

Oct 23, 2010
Battery is treating me well with the stock included kernel (non-OC'd) and performance is decently smooth. but I was wondering if there are other non-oc'd kernels with more gov.s that would work on this ROM? smartassv2 gives wayyyyy better battery than ondemand. but this kernel is decent enough that I'll stick with it if there's nothing else, usually OC'd kernels tend to give me the lockscreen of death on any ICS rom with VERY few exceptions :/ but great work on this rom devs! you guys are the best!!

fakinsupa801

Aug 11, 2007
Salt Lake City
Battery is treating me well with the stock included kernel (non-OC'd) and performance is decently smooth. but I was wondering if there are other non-oc'd kernels with more gov.s that would work on this ROM? smartassv2 gives wayyyyy better battery than ondemand. but this kernel is decent enough that I'll stick with it if there's nothing else, usually OC'd kernels tend to give me the lockscreen of death on any ICS rom with VERY few exceptions :/ but great work on this rom devs! you guys are the best!!

I've been running icy glitch with this rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.