[XAP] [12.11.2012] WMDC Launcher [Full unlock/Root Tools unlock]

Search This thread

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Total Commander works well with WP7 phone!

Hi Ultrashoot, you are genius.

Before I used WPDM, all transfers was slow and mostly crashed.

Now I use Total Commander with WinCE plugin.

Speed of transfer is from 8 to 20 MBits/sec!!!

Zune start is not necessary now.

WP7 filesystem is shown as \\\WinCE Device\ in TCMD/Network.

TCMDWP7.jpg

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Lost Connection

Hi Ultrashoot. After any minutes connection is lost. Restart of WMDC in PC, restart of your app in phone, start Zune, all is not help. Only starting WPDM+TouchExperience restores WMDC connection. After it I can close WPDM and TouchExperience too and WMDC connection stay active. Can you explain thos behaviour and make WMDC connection stable? M.

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Hi Ultrashoot. After any minutes connection is lost. Restart of WMDC in PC, restart of your app in phone, start Zune, all is not help. Only starting WPDM+TouchExperience restores WMDC connection. After it I can close WPDM and TouchExperience too and WMDC connection stay active. Can you explain thos behaviour and make WMDC connection stable? M.
I can safely say that WMDC connection is very stable. You see a very strange problem, haven't heard about it before.
(total WPDM closing can help, not sure)

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
I can safely say that WMDC connection is very stable. You see a very strange problem, haven't heard about it before.
(total WPDM closing can help, not sure)

Than for quick response. I have one personal and second working computer. Both have the same configuration and WPDM is installed on both. I seen today connection is really stable on my working computer. Then, it must be any mistake in my personal computer. I am going to uninstall WPDM.

Martin7Pro, sorry for noob advise - did you try to set switching the screen off to "Never" when connected to USB?
I tried it on my working computer and connection is stable also under screen off.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

There is one big problem occured. When I copy Directory with subdirectories from PC to phone, subpath is deformed. All copied files and subdirectories too stays on the root (only one file with zero length stays in each subdirectory) with deformed name (backslash is probably missed in path):

TCMDError.jpg

Do you know anybody, if it is "normal" behaviour of this plugin also with WM phones?

Last edited:

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Hi Ultrashoot, thanks for answer. I have (little offtopic) question: I have problem with performance in ZX Spectrum javascript emulator. Remote process viewer shows nothing. Can I measure IE9 processor performance by any simple method? Or, do you know, why javascript in this code works cca 200 times slowly in my DFT v.3 HTC7Pro, then on PC? Can you try this emulator (run by blue arrow) in your Dynamics ROM? Attention, it is 1,5 MB of data, I can send offline version, when you have data limit on the phone, or downloading by PC connection may be better. I would like to change ROM to your one in future, but I must make data transfer between different ROMs. I do not beleive IE9 javascript is wrong implemented, I mean it is any processor time management problem. M.

Last edited:

knightluffy

Aug 30, 2012
can you help me? I find the device is connected to pc successfully, but after a while, with self restarting, it can not connect to my pc. What happened? it stopped at :
CoreCon IPs:
no more information else.

many thanks for your response.

dazza9075

Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
That IP address looks a little wrong, its usually 192.168.x.x, not 182.168.x.x, confirm the 182 is indeed correct. the 127.0.0.1 is a loop back address to the same device, IE, if you were connecting to a server on the same PC you can use that address to get to it

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Connection lost

Hi guys. I have got this behaviour on two different Windows 7 Home computers: When Windows Phone Device Manager is installed and running (and TouchExperience in phone too), WMDC connection is stable. When WPDM is not installed (or uninstalled), Zune must be launched, instead it PC side WMDC try connect and say connect error, or sometime does totally notning after phone plugging. After Zune closing WMDC connection immediatelly lost. Sometime disconnect error occures also when Zune is running. May be it is in relation to my DFT ROM, which normally not launches Zune after USB plug, it must be started by PC user. When I want install WM driver when Zune not running, installation crashes by error "device was unplugged". Do you know somebody, what communication is started between PC and Phone, when Zune or WPDM is running? My IP addresses od phone WMDC sreen are: 10.23.9.135 and 169.254.202.202, mostly 127.0.0.1 is present too, but sometine not.

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
VS 2008 native debugging problem

Hi guys (ultrashot especially). I used old Reboot.exe source (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1593557 ), project is attached.
Build ... OK
Deploy ... OK
Start without debugging ... OK, Reboot is working.
Debug ... Unable to start debugging.

Can you anybody try, explain and repair it? WMDC, Visual Studio Remote Tools etc. work good on my phone and computer.

Debugging the same app under emulator is working OK.

I want to change taskhost.c (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1113066&p=14540111#post14540111) to debug combination of managed and native ddls, but the simple Reboot app is undebuggable now for me.

Edit:
I have not placed edm2.exe on right place. Now debugger is running, but does not stop on breakpoints. Can you try it and write here, if it is project dependent mistake? Attached zip is little changed now.

Attachments

• RebootSource.zip
    14.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

link68759

Jun 20, 2010
Razer Phone 2
Sony Xperia 5 II

TCMDWP7.jpg
Thank you for this; WMDC is no longer working under windows 8, but this works for me.

I would have thrown my laptop out the window if you did not post this.

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Hi guys (ultrashot especially). I used old Reboot.exe source (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1593557 ), project is attached.
Build ... OK
Deploy ... OK
Start without debugging ... OK, Reboot is working.
Debug ... Unable to start debugging.

Can you anybody try, explain and repair it? WMDC, Visual Studio Remote Tools etc. work good on my phone and computer.

Debugging the same app under emulator is working OK.

I want to change taskhost.c (see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1113066&p=14540111#post14540111) to debug combination of managed and native ddls, but the simple Reboot app is undebuggable now for me.

Edit:
I have not placed edm2.exe on right place. Now debugger is running, but does not stop on breakpoints. Can you try it and write here, if it is project dependent mistake? Attached zip is little changed now.
Actually I also don't have breakpoints working currently. Not sure what changed after release time except that i moved to another PC.

Martin7Pro

Oct 23, 2011
htc7pro.howto.cz
Actually I also don't have breakpoints working currently. Not sure what changed after release time except that i moved to another PC.
Hi ultrashot. I do not understand it exactly. Breakpoints worked for you in past and do not work now on other PC? I tried it on two different PCs with Windows 7 64 Home and VS2008 Professional, no one has success. Debugger without brakpoints is unusable :(

Last edited:

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Hi ultrashot. I do not understand it exactly. Breakpoints worked for you in past and do not work now on other PC? I tried it on two different PCs with Windows 7 64 Home and VS2008 Professional, no one has success. Debugger without brakpoints is unusable :(
Yes.
But you're not right about debugger without breakpoints. Debugger without debug logs and _easy_ app startup is useless. Breakpoints isn't a big deal.

Next WMDC launcher is going to support upcoming Root Tools Policy Unlock and will probably have newer ConmanClient binaries.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WMDC Launcher
    Native Debugger continuation

Do you miss fast & stable WP7 File Managers and Registry Editors for PC? If you do, there is a new approach for you - Windows Mobile Device Center Launcher.

What is it?
    Windows Mobile Device Center/ActiveSync are legacy applications made by Microsoft. They provide an access to file system, registry, ... let's say, they provide full remote access to connected phone's features.

What's this launcher for?
    Main purpose of this application is to enable Remote API support on device. PC will detect phone as WM and WP7 device simultaneously. Zune will still work.

Capabilities:
    • File managers. Almost every file manager that has WM support will work on WP7. Nice examples: Windows Explorer, Resco SendTo plugin (part of Resco File Explorer installation), CE Remote Tools File Manager, Altap Salamander, etc.
    • Registry Editors: CE Remote Tools Registry Editor, CeRegEdit, Registry Workshop.
    • Most of CE Remote Tools work.
    • Native debugging.
    • Many more apps support...

What's missed:
    There is no contacts/file/calendar/etc synchronization. PC may still offer it but it won't work.

As for debugging:
    IDA debugger also should work after a bit of editing magic.

Custom ROM usage:
    Usage is limited. You should ask me (ultrashot) for permission.

Neither Microsoft nor author of this launcher are responsible for any damage caused by application usage. Application is distributed AS IS without any warranties. Launcher cannot be sold.

FULLY UNLOCKED AND WP7 ROOT TOOLS >=0.12 ALPHA
    -No, not interop unlocked!
    -No, not developer unlocked!
    -No, not WP7 Root Tools-unlocked! FIXED, use WP7 Root Tools >=0.12 ALPHA
    Added a special version compatible with next WP7 Root Tools release. Works with full unlock as well.
    It isn't the version that supposed to have newer ConmanClient binaries.
    really great work..
    i have install the xap and all works.
    so far so good, but where i can find the registry.
    the fileexplorer is showing to me, but no link to registry.

maybe i must install anything else or have to change some settings for registry edit?
    i don't know.. please help me.. i use hd7 with nextgen+ 2.6..

thanks
    Install CeRegEdit or Registry Workshop and enjoy.
    So Magrip, on May 15 you posted:
    On May 21 you posted:
    Either try to be more specific, or stop ****ting in the topic.

Does this mean a WP7 device shows up as sync-able in Windows Media Player, after it's connected via WMDC? Thanks.
    Answer:
    msdn at ms site said:
    The Remote API (RAPI) library enables applications that run on a desktop to perform actions on a remote Windows Phone device. The functionality that RAPI provides includes the ability to manipulate the file system on the remote device, including the creation and deletion of files and directories. RAPI functions can be used to create and modify databases, either in the device's object store or in mounted database volumes. RAPI applications can also query and modify registry keys as well as launch applications and invoke methods on the remote device. Although most RAPI functions are duplicates of functions in the Windows Embedded CE API, a few new functions extend the API. Use these functions to initialize the RAPI subsystem and enhance performance of the communication link by compressing iterative operations into one RAPI call.
    Nothing about synchronization, I suppose, no?
    Current program allows full access to file system and registry of WP device from PC. No sync is implemented - neither to Outlook (contacts), nor to other things...