(Update) Ordering Google Nexus 5 from outside the UK, US, Germany etc

Search This thread

Gormsen

Apr 30, 2011
Aarhus
So I just wrote this little guide on how to buy the Nexus 5 when living outside UK, US, Germany etc. If you don't know someone in that given country, then Google will be your friend. There are plenty services on the internet which will recieve and ship products for you.
If this does not belong here, then mods feel free to move it.

1. First you need to download the Tor client/package. Here: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en
Go for the browser bundle, it makes everything much easier.
Unpack it and move it to you desktop (for convenience) - Open the client by clicking the icon "Start Tor Browser.exe"

2. Now you have to configure the client to work with exitnodes. This is done in settings. First check this:

Settings1.png

Then click this and check all six options.

Settings2.png

So far so good. Now exit the client, close it completely.

3. The next thing you'll have to do is finding the fingerprints you want to use. I used fingerprints from the UK, 'cause I wanted to buy the Nexus 5 on the UK Playstore.
Go to this page for fingerprints: http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/index.php?SR=CountryCode&SO=Asc
You can sort the different nodes as you want to. Now choose 3 from the desired country. Just for the convenience of it, lets say UK.
Click the name of the router to access it like in the pic, choose a router with long uptime, since they are more reliable.

Nodes1.png

Then copy the Fingerprint into Word, Notepad or whatever.

Nodes2.png

Do this until you have three fingerprints.

4. Go back to your Folder with the Tor client. Go into the folder "Data", then the folder "Tor". You should see a file named "torrc" Right-click this and choose "Edit" (Use Notepad or Notepad++ if you have that)

Now write:
ExitNodes {insert fingerprint 1}, {insert fingerprint 2}, {insert fingerprint 3} (remember to remove the spaces in the fingerprints)
StrictNodes 1

It should look something like this.
torrc.png

Now save, run your Tor client again, wait for it to say "Connected to the Tor network" or something like that, It will open the browser, and you're good to go.

5. Create a new Google account with address in you chosen country, in this case UK.

6. Open your normal browser (Chrome, Firefox etc.) and go to wallet.google.com
Input you credit card details, still with the same address as before.
(I did it this way, because I don't fully trust the Tor network..)

7. Go back into the Tor browser.
Apparently Google has beefed up their security, so we have to change this last step. Sn00ky was able to order from Germany, look below:

Ppl I ordered it !!. The thing is that google recognizes the Tor network and probably prevents the purchase. When I made a German acc in Tor, it was associated with the German play store. Now I entered in that account in Chrome and voila, the play store still opens without Tor browser (I am outside Germany). Just ordered as if I am in Germany, although not. Purchase was accepted, pending status. :)

Go to https://play.google.com/store/devices
Order Nexus 5
Profit

Hope you enjoyed my little guide, if it doesn't work, you have done something wrong. But don't worry, just delete the folder, unpack it again and start over. This is far easier than finding out what you did wrong.
Also some fingerprints don't work, like Torland1 and Torland2 from UK.

Angelvg has written a guide on how to use Openvpn, it's in Spanish though :)

Hi guys,

I write how to unlock geographic location with OpenVPN.

This tutorial work in
* Android (without root)
* FreeBSD
* GNU/Linux
* Mac OS X
* Windows

Is write in Spanish, but have auto translation to English

The bad for some people (maybe) is pay €5 for the OpenVPN account with blackVPN, but if you find buy in Google Play Store and the Tor is complicate...

http://www.angelcontents.blogspot.com/2013/12/openvpn.html

Please hit the Thanks button if you found this helpful :)

Last edited:

Griffrez

May 14, 2011
I'm from Portugal. I understood most of the guide, but, you said I'd have to put the address for UK. How do I put the address in a way that it comes to me?!

Or is this guide for people who are from the UK, US, etc. but aren't there at the moment?

EDIT: Stupid me, quoting the OP.

shrewdgeek

Aug 28, 2011
shrewdgeek.com
I'm from Portugal. I understood most of the guide, but, you said I'd have to put the address for UK. How do I put the address in a way that it comes to me?!

Or is this guide for people who are from the UK, US, etc. but aren't there at the moment?

EDIT: Stupid me, quoting the OP.

Use services like borderlinx.com or others to ship first to UK and then to portugal.Borderlinx gives you a temporary UK address and then you give your home address to borderlinx.First Nexus 5 arrives at borderlinx and then it sends to you for shipping charges..

I dont know if you also need a UK credit card with UK billing address..

I am from sweden and have also place order for the 16GB Nexus 5 using borderlinx and entropay but dont know if google will accept the card...Lets hope it accepts

Griffrez

May 14, 2011
Use services like borderlinx.com or others to ship first to UK and then to portugal.Borderlinx gives you a temporary UK address and then you give your home address to borderlinx.First Nexus 5 arrives at borderlinx and then it sends to you for shipping charges..

I dont know if you also need a UK credit card with UK billing address..

I am from sweden and have also place order for the 16GB Nexus 5 using borderlinx and entropay but dont know if google will accept the card...Lets hope it accepts

I hear services like Borderlinx sometimes tend to charge absurd taxes.

My sister has some friends over at France, but, they'll only come on Christmas, and I don't know if I want to wait that long. xP

AppReviewBros

Feb 27, 2012
Hmm.. I actually have a VPN that I can use to change my IP, however, won't I need a credit card from the UK, too?

Griffrez

May 14, 2011
Hmm.. I actually have a VPN that I can use to change my IP, however, won't I need a credit card from the UK, too?

I think Google Play Devices only accepts IPs from one of the countries, then it needs an address and a credit card that has its address as also from that country. So IP registered in the UK (for example), Credit Card registered in the UK, and the package must be sent to the UK.

AppReviewBros

Feb 27, 2012
I think Google Play Devices only accepts IPs from one of the countries, then it needs an address and a credit card that has its address as also from that country. So IP registered in the UK (for example), Credit Card registered in the UK, and the package must be sent to the UK.

Delivering the package to UK would not be a problem as I'd use a service called forward2me, though the credit card is an issue now.
Hmmm... and people on ebay are selling for insanely high prices.

Reading the old thread at Nexus 4 forums it seems like you really need a credit card that matches the shipping address.
You know what, I may as well use personal shopper to buy it faster.

Last edited:

Gormsen

Apr 30, 2011
Aarhus

Nope, I used my Visa, which is an international card, it worked just fine :)
You will need an English address to ship to, so use one of the suggested services.
Remember, in order to access the UK Playstore, you need to create a new Google account, when logged into Tor, on the VPN or whatever service you use.. well, at least I had to.

Reactions: AppReviewBros

AppReviewBros

Feb 27, 2012
Nope, I used my Visa, which is an international card, it worked just fine :)
You will need an English address to ship to, so use one of the suggested services.
Remember, in order to access the UK Playstore, you need to create a new Google account, when logged into Tor, on the VPN or whatever service you use.. well, at least I had to.

Oh, so it actually worked for you!
I wonder why you had to create a new account though? Did you try ordering with your personal account first?

Last edited:

Gormsen

Apr 30, 2011
Aarhus
Oh, so it actually worked for you!
I wonder why you had to create a new account though? Did you try ordering with your personal account first?

Yeah, tried that a couple of weeks ago, and even though everything else was as it should be, I simply could not access the UK Playstore. So I tried creating a new account, and Bam, it worked :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

shrewdgeek

Aug 28, 2011
shrewdgeek.com
Yeah, tried that a couple of weeks ago, and even though everything else was as it should be, I simply could not access the UK Playstore. So I tried creating a new account, and Bam, it worked :D

Even i have ordered but used entropay.com to pay (virtual credit card)

Is your order processed or pending ? I still think they can decline the card when they process the order because it being having a different billing address (not in UK)

I think the same can happen with my order.

Gormsen

Apr 30, 2011
Aarhus
Even i have ordered but used entropay.com to pay (virtual credit card)

Is your order processed or pending ? I still think they can decline the card when they process the order because it being having a different billing address (not in UK)

I think the same can happen with my order.

It's Pending, but read in one of the other threads, that it is normal until the order has been shipped :)
I know that they still can cancel, but I'm thinking they won't since Visa is a international card.
Guess we'll just have to wait til 5th to find out ;)

AppReviewBros

Feb 27, 2012

Hey, I just ordered without any problems, however, I may have done a mistake.
I accidentally ticked the box that assumes my billing address is the same as the shipping one. Now, I used the address that the forwarding company gave me. Do you think Google will see this and cancel the order?

EDIT: After reading your guide, I guess I did it all right.

61f646f68af399f964307f7fd24671e9.png

Last edited:

shrewdgeek

Aug 28, 2011
shrewdgeek.com
It's Pending, but read in one of the other threads, that it is normal until the order has been shipped :)
I know that they still can cancel, but I'm thinking they won't since Visa is a international card.
Guess we'll just have to wait til 5th to find out ;)

My leaving warehouse date is 8th November.....
PM me if your order goes through.... ;)

Last edited:

mpikxfx

Dec 9, 2012
Australia parcel forwarding company

Anyone here can recommend me an Australia parcel forwarding company similar to forward2me like in UK?

madik_

Apr 14, 2012
Prague
Great guide! I made an order of white 32GB Nexus 5 from german play store. Hopefully i will recieve it within 2-3 weeks since the phones are not in stock :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I just wrote this little guide on how to buy the Nexus 5 when living outside UK, US, Germany etc. If you don't know someone in that given country, then Google will be your friend. There are plenty services on the internet which will recieve and ship products for you.
    If this does not belong here, then mods feel free to move it.

1. First you need to download the Tor client/package. Here: https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en
    Go for the browser bundle, it makes everything much easier.
    Unpack it and move it to you desktop (for convenience) - Open the client by clicking the icon "Start Tor Browser.exe"

2. Now you have to configure the client to work with exitnodes. This is done in settings. First check this:

Settings1.png

Then click this and check all six options.

Settings2.png

So far so good. Now exit the client, close it completely.

3. The next thing you'll have to do is finding the fingerprints you want to use. I used fingerprints from the UK, 'cause I wanted to buy the Nexus 5 on the UK Playstore.
    Go to this page for fingerprints: http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/index.php?SR=CountryCode&SO=Asc
    You can sort the different nodes as you want to. Now choose 3 from the desired country. Just for the convenience of it, lets say UK.
    Click the name of the router to access it like in the pic, choose a router with long uptime, since they are more reliable.

Nodes1.png

Then copy the Fingerprint into Word, Notepad or whatever.

Nodes2.png

Do this until you have three fingerprints.

4. Go back to your Folder with the Tor client. Go into the folder "Data", then the folder "Tor". You should see a file named "torrc" Right-click this and choose "Edit" (Use Notepad or Notepad++ if you have that)

Now write:
    ExitNodes {insert fingerprint 1}, {insert fingerprint 2}, {insert fingerprint 3} (remember to remove the spaces in the fingerprints)
    StrictNodes 1

It should look something like this.
    torrc.png

Now save, run your Tor client again, wait for it to say "Connected to the Tor network" or something like that, It will open the browser, and you're good to go.

5. Create a new Google account with address in you chosen country, in this case UK.

6. Open your normal browser (Chrome, Firefox etc.) and go to wallet.google.com
    Input you credit card details, still with the same address as before.
    (I did it this way, because I don't fully trust the Tor network..)

7. Go back into the Tor browser.
    Apparently Google has beefed up their security, so we have to change this last step. Sn00ky was able to order from Germany, look below:

Ppl I ordered it !!. The thing is that google recognizes the Tor network and probably prevents the purchase. When I made a German acc in Tor, it was associated with the German play store. Now I entered in that account in Chrome and voila, the play store still opens without Tor browser (I am outside Germany). Just ordered as if I am in Germany, although not. Purchase was accepted, pending status. :)

Go to https://play.google.com/store/devices
    Order Nexus 5
    Profit

Hope you enjoyed my little guide, if it doesn't work, you have done something wrong. But don't worry, just delete the folder, unpack it again and start over. This is far easier than finding out what you did wrong.
    Also some fingerprints don't work, like Torland1 and Torland2 from UK.

Angelvg has written a guide on how to use Openvpn, it's in Spanish though :)

Hi guys,

I write how to unlock geographic location with OpenVPN.

This tutorial work in
    * Android (without root)
    * FreeBSD
    * GNU/Linux
    * Mac OS X
    * Windows

Is write in Spanish, but have auto translation to English

The bad for some people (maybe) is pay €5 for the OpenVPN account with blackVPN, but if you find buy in Google Play Store and the Tor is complicate...

http://www.angelcontents.blogspot.com/2013/12/openvpn.html

Please hit the Thanks button if you found this helpful :)
    If you want to you can write a guide, and I'll add it to the OP? :)

1. Download and install the TunnelBear client from www.tunnelbear.com.
    2. Create a new TunnelBear account.
    3. Sign in to TunnelBear.
    4. Choose your country of choice and turn the knob to ON. In this example, we will be buying from the US Play Store, so choose United States.
    5. Once connected, go and create a brand new Google account which you will exclusively use for ordering devices from the Play Store. To be on the safe side, use Incognito/Private Browsing/InPrivate Browsing mode.
    6. Sign in to your Google account and add devices to your Play Store cart.
    7. At checkout, add your US shipping address (if you're buying from the UK Play Store, add your UK shipping address).
    8. Add your non-US credit card number, expiration date and security code.
    9. For billing address, use the name on your credit card but for the address, use your US shipping address. Google should not be picky about this.
    10. Buy.

Next time you want to buy from the US Play Store again, repeat steps 3, 4, 6 and 10.
    That's okay, headquarters for Europe is in Ireland, the phone will send from the warehouse in Holland.
    I ordered through Germany Google play, transport in the Czech Republic shall mailboxde. I created a new account and pay Czech Mastercard, billing and shipping address, I entered the same, ie the address box mailboxde. After ordering the 31st October, I was still in pending status google wallet. November 2 in the internet bank appeared unrecorded transactions telephone. About an hour ago I got an email that the phone is sent to the address mailboxde.
    The German google play I got by entering the proxy from this list: http://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/country-de/
    Google charged the nexus 5 from my bank card but no any confirmation email...any suggestions?

This is normal, me also Google blocked money and about two days later I received notice of shipment.