KNOX 0x1- So what should I be afraid now?

Search This thread

shlomoreuven

Dec 26, 2012
After an unsuccessful installation of ROOT I could run the Knox

So the device manufacturer's warranty void ... What else needs to know in order not to destroy the device?

testmonkey1

Dec 26, 2013
Nothing, you are god.

No seriously, Knox 0x1 is just a binary counter showing that you have modified your device rendering your customer warranty invalid**. It doesn't affect any of the phone/Knox functions and you can continue using everything as it is.

** If you live in the EU you have a "protected" warranty. You can google/serach around to find more about this it has been discussed numerous times in the forum

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
After an unsuccessful installation of ROOT I could run the Knox

So the device manufacturer's warranty void ... What else needs to know in order not to destroy the device?

Well, you only have 2 problems:

- if you will ever need a warranty repair it MUST be for something that you can PROVE it was Samsung's fault or you will have to pay their (inflated) prices (as an alternative if the phone is completely dead they will never be able to see that knox was 1);

- you might have problems running some programs - the Knox safety container most obviously, but there might be other programs refusing to run (stuff with protected media comes to mind - RIAA are known to be paranoid and to force many other software companies to play at the same level of craziness).

semantsen

Jul 22, 2012
a free bird

Do not be afraid!
Now you are a free bird:laugh:
Try attempts to root and flash custom recoveries
way to go...:good:

mediumsteak

Nov 25, 2010
Toronto ON
Depending on where you are, you may have voided your warranty. But in the case that you need repair you can still pay a fee and get serviced.

Nothing to be stressing about