Hidden Settings App Updated 3/9/12

Search This thread

brianf21

Oct 27, 2010
Davie, FL
I wrote an app that accesses the hidden settings. I can add more of the hidden settings as we discover them.

Update via the market

Update 3/9/12
Updated UI
Added the ability to unblock OTA
Added CyanoBoot Configuration options
Credit to fattire
See thread for more information: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522226

Update 2/15/12:
Added "OTA Block" to the version number

Update 2/8/12:
Added OTA Block
Added Version Number
Added Root test. This will prevent it from crashing if /system/bin/su does not exist.

Update 1/27/12:
Updated Link

Update 1/14/12:
Configured busybox to make symbolic links instead of copies
Uninstall previous version before install this version

Update 1/11/12:
Added AdamOutler's BHT
Added ability to run the adb daemon as root and automatically turn off auto mount with one click. This does not require a reboot. If you reboot, everything goes back to their normal state. I will add an option to restore everything without a reboot in the near future. I am using the adb daemon from Indirect's ADB hijack that he got from Nemith. Credit to Indirect and Nemith.

Update 1/10/12:
Fix an issue for users without busybox. This should now work even if you do not have busybox installed.

Update 12/30/2011:
Fix for 1.4.1; it will allow you to install from unknown sources. (You must be rooted to use this feature. The nook might take a minute or two before realizing that the setting has changed. If you reboot, it speeds up the process.)

Update 12/29/2011:
I added the Account and Sync settings and make the back button work properly.

Account and Sync Settings
Accessibility Settings
Application Settings > Development Settings
Default Settings

Video from Albert Wertz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8V9ZorJpwM

Attachments

• NTHiddenSettings.apk
    3 MB · Views: 22,793
Last edited:

Elmar1801

Jan 26, 2008
NRW

Attachments

• accessibility.jpg
    accessibility.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,512
  • development.jpg
    development.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 1,549
Reactions: DipDog3

desantim

Jan 5, 2010
Oregon
Hello all! My fiance picked one of these up as a gift for Christmas, I have a quick Q. I was able to get the APP installed, but to access the app, I have to reinstall it every time, it doesn't show up in the files list?

Are there any hints suggestions?

Also I checked off the Allow 3rd party apps, and it still won't allow me to read APK files from the default file explorer...

Thanks in advance!

Mario

rling

Dec 12, 2007
Adelaide
Hello all! My fiance picked one of these up as a gift for Christmas, I have a quick Q. I was able to get the APP installed, but to access the app, I have to reinstall it every time, it doesn't show up in the files list?

Are there any hints suggestions?

Also I checked off the Allow 3rd party apps, and it still won't allow me to read APK files from the default file explorer...

Thanks in advance!

Mario

The standard Nook Apps manager will not display third party or sideloaded apps/games. You'll need an alternate Apps manager for that, eg Go Launcher.

There is an older version of Nook Color Apps Manager (pre 1.2) in the marketplace that you could install. This will display all the third party apps on your Nook homepage.

The Allow Thirs Party apps is ticked by default. Just need to untick and retick it to enable it properly.

dragon_76

Apr 21, 2007
Chicago, IL
The standard Nook Apps manager will not display third party or sideloaded apps/games. You'll need an alternate Apps manager for that, eg Go Launcher.

There is an older version of Nook Color Apps Manager (pre 1.2) in the marketplace that you could install. This will display all the third party apps on your Nook homepage.

The Allow Thirs Party apps is ticked by default. Just need to untick and retick it to enable it properly.

AltDrawer is an app drawer for ROMs that don't have one (like nook).

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wrote an app that accesses the hidden settings. I can add more of the hidden settings as we discover them.

Update via the market

Update 3/9/12
    Updated UI
    Added the ability to unblock OTA
    Added CyanoBoot Configuration options
    Credit to fattire
    See thread for more information: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522226

Update 2/15/12:
    Added "OTA Block" to the version number

Update 2/8/12:
    Added OTA Block
    Added Version Number
    Added Root test. This will prevent it from crashing if /system/bin/su does not exist.

Update 1/27/12:
    Updated Link

Update 1/14/12:
    Configured busybox to make symbolic links instead of copies
    Uninstall previous version before install this version

Update 1/11/12:
    Added AdamOutler's BHT
    Added ability to run the adb daemon as root and automatically turn off auto mount with one click. This does not require a reboot. If you reboot, everything goes back to their normal state. I will add an option to restore everything without a reboot in the near future. I am using the adb daemon from Indirect's ADB hijack that he got from Nemith. Credit to Indirect and Nemith.

Update 1/10/12:
    Fix an issue for users without busybox. This should now work even if you do not have busybox installed.

Update 12/30/2011:
    Fix for 1.4.1; it will allow you to install from unknown sources. (You must be rooted to use this feature. The nook might take a minute or two before realizing that the setting has changed. If you reboot, it speeds up the process.)

Update 12/29/2011:
    I added the Account and Sync settings and make the back button work properly.

Account and Sync Settings
    Accessibility Settings
    Application Settings > Development Settings
    Default Settings

Video from Albert Wertz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8V9ZorJpwM
    I just got my nook tablet and I need access to the accounts and sync menu listed in the update above... but being as the feds have seized multiupload the link is broken. Can anyone repost the api or send it to me directly? Any help would be appreciated.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54415404/NTHiddenSettings.apk

Try this.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    doesn't using AnyCut do the same thing?

No AnyCut just show the Accessibility Settings
    We really need the other two: Development Settings & Application Settings
    So thumbs up for this app and the author!!! :D
    What's the fix? Could you post a link?

You can read how to do it in this thread. Its actually really easy.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20364917
    I have a rooted 1.4.0 setup and when I try to click "Block OTA" from the Hacks menu I get the message:

"Failure! Over-The-Air updates set to" (rest of the isn't displayed).

I downloaded today directly from Google Market so it should be the most up to date version. Any ideas?

Have you resolved this? What root method did you use?