[GUIDE]Uninstalling Stock/System Apps

Search This thread

l1nuxfre4k

Aug 9, 2008
Hello all :=)
Thought i would give a small quick guide for you hehe.

Ofc root your phone before this :=)
Step1.
Install Titanium Backup from market.
Step2. Start it.
step 3 Firstly, after you run Titanium Backup you need to tap on "Problems?" and accept to download BusyBox.
Step 4. Keep your finger pressed on the app you want removed.
step5. On the bottom of the options that comes up you find force remove app.

That simple it is :D

Im aware of some people have posted this in threads and such, but i thought i would make a simple straight forward guide for them that did not know about titanium backup :)

Warning
This will stop the OTA updates for your phones.
You will need to download the ZIP for the update when it's released here to update.
Or the RUU

Last edited:

mike1986.

Cool... But I must be doing something wrong... Got the Busybox and did as above, but after the restarts the removed app is still there :confused:

/CK

You need to have the newest TitBackup 3.5.7.3 to do that. Then remember not to use Uninstall option but you need to keep your finger for a little longer to see full list of options and then select force to remove using Paul's recovery.

betelgeuse74

Jun 26, 2009
Other threads have reported that you may not be able to download future Android updates (OTA) if you remove apps. Is this confirmed?

Maybe issue a warning in first post to avoid problems later?

patzkata

Sep 16, 2009
Sofia
I cant understand, why some1 what to remove the stock apps?
are they trouble for u or ?! and what are winnig with doing that?\
10x

patzkata

Sep 16, 2009
Sofia
I see no point in having apps that I don't use. I prefer to have this space for things that I use. It's simple. No one is forcing you to remove anything.

yes, I understand that, but these apps dosnt use so much space.
ok, I was just curious because alot of people are talking about that, and I decide that i have to check this ..

regards

Eddie1506

Feb 19, 2010
Zagreb
Google Nexus 5
OnePlus 9 Pro
I see no point in having apps that I don't use. I prefer to have this space for things that I use. It's simple. No one is forcing you to remove anything.

Apps you install cannot use the space freed up with removing stock apps so it's useless. I rather freeze them with Titanium Backup and they're removed from the launcher and don't use system resources.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all :=)
    Thought i would give a small quick guide for you hehe.

Ofc root your phone before this :=)
    Step1.
    Install Titanium Backup from market.
    Step2. Start it.
    step 3 Firstly, after you run Titanium Backup you need to tap on "Problems?" and accept to download BusyBox.
    Step 4. Keep your finger pressed on the app you want removed.
    step5. On the bottom of the options that comes up you find force remove app.

That simple it is :D

Im aware of some people have posted this in threads and such, but i thought i would make a simple straight forward guide for them that did not know about titanium backup :)

Warning
    This will stop the OTA updates for your phones.
    You will need to download the ZIP for the update when it's released here to update.
    Or the RUU