OFFICIAL – Sony Ericsson opens bootloader for new Xperia range

Search This thread

bra1n0uk

Nov 1, 2010
I had to read it with my own eye, even then i thought i was still asleep.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

akila87

Aug 22, 2010
Colombo
Official one http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/devel...e-boot-loader-in-the-new-xperia™-smartphones/
I was thinking to myself if I were the CEO of SE the first thing that I would do is opening the bootloader and giving GB to x10. :D Some companies started to put bootloader follwing the SE path. Now what they are going to do.

ANDROID IS READY TO (FREE)

Also, please note that you may void the warranty of your phone if you unlock the boot loader. See your phone’s warranty statement for details. Additionally, due to the modified phone software, Sony Ericsson’s repair network may not be able to properly test and repair your phone according to our normal procedures. Consequently, if Sony Ericsson does perform a warranty repair, Sony Ericsson may charge you a handling fee for any additional incurred costs due to your modification of the software.

Therefore, you should only unlock the boot loader of your phone if you are an advanced developer with good knowledge of the technology and risks involved. We strongly recommend that standard users NOT unlock the boot loader, as it is not needed. We are proud to deliver great phone experiences through our rigorously tested and official software releases.

Last edited:

qwer23

Jan 6, 2010
Realm of Württemberg
Guys, sorry to disappoint you, but there are only two possibilities:

1.) the london drug cartel spoiled the drinking water around SE headquarters with a ****load of LSD (accidently?)

2.) Some bastard hacked blogs.sonyericsson.com and spreads ****.

*sry, joking*

Seriously, who is this at SE that turns a whole company's concept upside-down?!

Very good news and the first time I suggest to buy another XPERIA phone!

edit: Did they perhaps recognize that their upcoming phones'll have a hard time around the competition due to hardware specs? I think it makes sense. Their flag ships don't look all that good (if you look at the hardware only!) and the XPERIA Play received some quite bad reviews out there. So to stand out from the crowd, they open the bootloader while every other company starts to lock it up. Only my suggestion.

Last edited:

anders260

Apr 29, 2010
****, most probably need to buy the Arc Now ;-(

I really like my x10, but more fun with open bootloader

akila87

Aug 22, 2010
Colombo
I thought this is another GB thread (seriously didn't read the title correctly) I put my hand on the KB to type some very bad things.

Then when I'm reading im thinking WTF man this is impossible :D :D So the same company that going sue one for cracking a bootloder is going to open the bootloader. is this 2012 :p

iead1

Apr 30, 2010
I thought this is another GB thread (seriously didn't read the title correctly) I put my hand on the KB to type some very bad things.

Then when I'm reading im thinking WTF man this is impossible :D :D So the same company that going sue one for cracking a bootloder is going to open the bootloader. is this 2012 :p
Are you trolling? Sony Ericsson isn't suing anyone for trying to unlock the bootloader of the X10.

Are you getting the Sweden-based mobile phone company Sony Ericsson confused with the United States of America-based video game publisher Sony Computer Entertainment America?

MJ_QaT

Feb 25, 2009
London

The sue case is for playstation not X10
Don't get confused

And if you read the article, they already explained why they can't do the same with X10

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

akila87

Aug 22, 2010
Colombo
Yeah I know anyway SE is half Sony and I mean the playstation no one never even talked about suing someone for X10

totalundone

Jan 21, 2009
Wow, SE has really made some wonderful decisions! This is more than what any another non-nexus android phone has done. Kinda hard to hate SE after they at 2.3.3 for the x10 and unlocked bootloader option for their next phones. They've pretty much made sure my next phone purchase will be an SE.

Bwyan Benton

Jun 29, 2010
Windsor, Ontario
What the hell is SE up to lately??? Is the end of the world really coming in 2012 so there like "screw it,just give them what they want" lol.

Bravo SE.....you have really turned things around!

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

qwer23

Jan 6, 2010
Realm of Württemberg
blogs.sonyericsson.com said:
If you unlock the boot loader and then flash a custom unsigned ROM to your phone, the custom unsigned ROM will not have gone through the thorough tests that we run for each phone and software version that we release. Because of that, the custom unsigned ROM might not work properly on your phone. Certain functions may cease to work, and the performance of the device might not be ideal.

"... it could ruin your SE user experience by running smooth and offer full functionality on an up-to-date Android version." :D

edit: HAHAHA sorry, just read the rest of the text:

blogs.sonyericsson.com said:
We are proud to deliver great phone experiences through our rigorously tested and official software releases.

LMAO --> Although I'm very happy with their latest decisions and thing about buying another SE in future. But that's really funny *sniff*

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts