Missing functions after reflash

Search This thread

CrackedHippo

Jan 4, 2013
My HTC One S is running CM11, and a common problem is the very low speaker volume.
I tried changing the value of the speaker volume in snd_soc_msm_2x, but after saving it, a large part of the file disappeared, and after my battery reached zero and my phone died, it was stuck in a bootloop when I tried to turn it on again.
So, I flashed CM11 again, everything works fine but there are 2 missing features at the moment.
1. The home button and multitask buttons don't do anything anymore, they still light up and vibrate though.
2. I have a pin code to unlock my phone, but it only asks for my pin code when I turn it on the first time. When I lock my phone and unlock it, it doesn't ask for a pincode.

Maybe there are even more problems but this is just what I noticed until now.
Tried wiping cache and dalvik, didn't help.

Any advice?

Rapier

Forum Moderator
Staff member
My HTC One S is running CM11, and a common problem is the very low speaker volume.
I tried changing the value of the speaker volume in snd_soc_msm_2x, but after saving it, a large part of the file disappeared, and after my battery reached zero and my phone died, it was stuck in a bootloop when I tried to turn it on again.
So, I flashed CM11 again, everything works fine but there are 2 missing features at the moment.
1. The home button and multitask buttons don't do anything anymore, they still light up and vibrate though.
2. I have a pin code to unlock my phone, but it only asks for my pin code when I turn it on the first time. When I lock my phone and unlock it, it doesn't ask for a pincode.

Maybe there are even more problems but this is just what I noticed until now.
Tried wiping cache and dalvik, didn't help.

Any advice?
You should have edit the file on your pc not on your phone. This is why part of the file disappeared. After editing you could have replace the original one (making a backup first)

CrackedHippo

Jan 4, 2013
You should have edit the file on your pc not on your phone. This is why part of the file disappeared. After editing you could have replace the original one (making a backup first)

Thanks for the information, now I know what to do in the future.
Hope that I can fix my current problems aswell though.

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
I'm not sure what the low speaker volume problem is. I had OK speaker volume but terrible headphone volumes. I was never able to increase the voice level only - just the overall volume of everything. This made the voice louder but everything else much louder.