[Q] Battery After Unlocking With Freegee

Search This thread

sk8lucas

Dec 31, 2013
Hi everybody, I've recently unlocked my bootloader with Freegee (v1.9.23) and TWRP (v2.6.3.3), and i read in some forums that people say that i have to flash another bootloader to be able to charge my phone when it is turned off. So i decided to try it and i turned it off when it still had 50% battery and I've conected it to a usb and the phone turned on and show me a white battery icon. The question is: I have to flash the zip with the other bootloader or i be able to charge my phone when it be out of battery?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

itsdacj

Oct 22, 2013
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel
QUOTE=sk8lucas;53111261]Hi everybody, I've recently unlocked my bootloader with Freegee (v1.9.23) and TWRP (v2.6.3.3), and i read in some forums that people say that i have to flash another bootloader to be able to charge my phone when it is turned off. So i decided to try it and i turned it off when it still had 50% battery and I've conected it to a usb and the phone turned on and show me a white battery icon. The question is: I have to flash the zip with the other bootloader or i be able to charge my phone when it be out of battery?

Thanks and sorry for my english.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's only on the F180S/K/L KitKat ROMs. As long as you unlocked your boot loader with Mako unlock in freegee you should be safe. I have charging while off fine. Your boot loader version should be version MAKOZ10f as shown in the picture
duvuhaje.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini (1st Gen) running iOS 7.1.1

sk8lucas

Dec 31, 2013
QUOTE=sk8lucas;53111261]Hi everybody, I've recently unlocked my bootloader with Freegee (v1.9.23) and TWRP (v2.6.3.3), and i read in some forums that people say that i have to flash another bootloader to be able to charge my phone when it is turned off. So i decided to try it and i turned it off when it still had 50% battery and I've conected it to a usb and the phone turned on and show me a white battery icon. The question is: I have to flash the zip with the other bootloader or i be able to charge my phone when it be out of battery?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Pretty sure that's only on the F180S/K/L KitKat ROMs. As long as you unlocked your boot loader with Mako unlock in freegee you should be safe. I have charging while off fine. Your boot loader version should be version MAKOZ10f as shown in the picture

Sent from my iPad Mini (1st Gen) running iOS 7.1.1[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's the same, so it's safe to let the phone run out of battery?

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

itsdacj

Oct 22, 2013
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S6
Google Pixel

View attachment 2777466

View attachment 2777467[/QUOTE]

Yup. If I'm wrong though, correct me, just post here and quote me again and I'll help if you're stuck

Reactions: sk8lucas

sk8lucas

Dec 31, 2013
Yup. If I'm wrong though, correct me, just post here and quote me again and I'll help if you're stuck

I want to be completly sure that it's all ok, so i'll turn off my phone now that he have 50% battery and i'll let it charge for 30 minutes, then I'll power it on again to see the battery percent. Thanks.

puma99dk|

Jun 13, 2012
last year my LG OEM usb cable ****ed up, it couldn't charge my phone be on 25% or something, but data works fine to it, so i use my Nexus 7 (2013) usb cable to charge my phone works great.

This happend long after i used Freegee so i guess there are some bad LG OEM cables out there.

dwielunski

Dec 11, 2010
What happens is the screen is staying on even though it is black. So it drains a ton of power while you are trying to charge. If your battery has run all the way down, you can still charge it for half an hour, boot (you will have maybe 10%), quick turn on airplane mode or some other low-power tweak and turn the screen off. Then you will charge up fine.

To fix charging while powered down, you have to be on stock lg firmware with stock lg bootloader/recovery. You can still be rooted though, and do tweaks like xposed. This is my current setup.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

qryak

Oct 19, 2011
Beograd
What happens is the screen is staying on even though it is black. So it drains a ton of power while you are trying to charge. If your battery has run all the way down, you can still charge it for half an hour, boot (you will have maybe 10%), quick turn on airplane mode or some other low-power tweak and turn the screen off. Then you will charge up fine.

To fix charging while powered down, you have to be on stock lg firmware with stock lg bootloader/recovery. You can still be rooted though, and do tweaks like xposed. This is my current setup.

I got no idea what you talking about. If I drain my Battery completely and connect charger, after minute or two phone boot up and resume charging as always, two and a half to thee hours from 0 to 100 percent. Bootloader unlocked with freegee classic metod, model e975, stock Korean kitkat.

Sent from my LG-F180K using Tapatalk

dwielunski

Dec 11, 2010
Yes, once you have enough battery power to make it through the initial boot, just power on and charge normally from there. In my experience it takes more than a minute or two, but sure.

Imran Pirzada

Nov 28, 2012
Pakpattan
Experience

You all gys are right and now I want to draw your attention to a problem and I think it will be reason of slow charging that I observed you can try it yourselves
1.Turn off your device
2. Take it at dark place (I mean turn off lights of your Room)
3. Connect charger

you will see a whit battery charging animation and wait for turning off screen then you will observe that there is still some back-light that should not be It is the problem!!!
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks and sorry for my english.[/QUOTE]

duvuhaje.jpg

View attachment 2777466

View attachment 2777467[/QUOTE]