[Boot Animations] & [Live Wallpapers] Nexus Holiday in a variety of colors

Search This thread

JHPadu

Oct 16, 2008
Norrköping
So I made a cyan version of the Holiday Nexus boot animation and thought I'd share it here.

I uploaded both a bootanimation.zip to adb push to the system/media/ folder, and a update.zip (CyanHolidayBoot.zip) to flash through the recovery menu.
You can use the method you prefer.

Update: I made some other colors too.
The files named 'bootanimation.zip' should be adb pushed, and the 'ColorHolidayBoot.zip' files are flashable in the recovery menu.

Update 2: I've made a version ('ColorSmallBoot_480x256.zip') where the cross isn't scaled up and therefore are more crisp and clear but smaller.
The cross is about the size of the original Nexus One boot animation.
I just made zip-files that you can flash in the recovery menu. If you want the bootanimation.zip to push you can pull it out from the zip-file.
Also I made this all kinda quick and have only tried out the cyan version, so if there's something wrong with the files let me know.

Update 3: A new version that's rapidly flashing between cyan, yellow, green and yellow. Looks kinda sick and psychedelic haha

Update 4: Green Live Wallpaper and Boot Animation with a new look.
Full size picture comparison of the old look and new style and a full size .gif preview of the new style

Update 5: New Style boot animations and live wallpapers for all colors. (No live wallpaper for Flashing Colors version)

The live wallpapers was generated with the Custom Creater script.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=739512
thanks Daneshm90

The regular size versions will look a little blurry on the phone because the pictures will be stretched out 4x the size there.
Try the small version or the new style version if you think it's too blurry.

30fps001.gif

Full size picture comparison of the old look and new style and a full size .gif preview of the new style

Code:
adb remount
adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media/
adb reboot

Live Wallpapers (only in new style version)

Cyan Live Wallpaper

Green Live Wallpaper

Red Live Wallpaper

Yellow Live Wallpaper

White Live Wallpaper

Boot Animations

Cyan Boot Animations

Green Boot Animations

Red Boot Animations

Yellow Boot Animations

White Boot Animations

Flashing Colors Boot Animations Probably not good for people who are epileptic!

Attached pictures are in quite poor quality. There are better previews in the different boot animation folders.

Attachments

• Normal.jpg
    Normal.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 438
  • NewCyan.jpg
    NewCyan.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 350
  • NewGreen.jpg
    NewGreen.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 311
  • NewRed.jpg
    NewRed.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 337
  • NewYellow.jpg
    NewYellow.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 281
  • NewWhite.jpg
    NewWhite.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Reactions: zyr3x

JUSMEJOSE

Jul 29, 2008
Anaheim, CA
for some reason it doesnt load the bootanimation.. =[ in other words it doesnt change the boot that i want... any ideas..

JHPadu

Oct 16, 2008
Norrköping
for some reason it doesnt load the bootanimation.. =[ in other words it doesnt change the boot that i want... any ideas..

Which color are you trying? Are you adb pushing the file or flashing in the recovery menu?

Edit: Maybe you have installed a custom boot animation before in the /data/local/ folder? In that case remove that or rename it.

Last edited:

neok44

May 19, 2009
Florida
okay, so i got this to work, but the quality is terrible. it's incredibly blurry and just looks really really bad. on CM 5.0.8

JHPadu

Oct 16, 2008
Norrköping
okay, so i got this to work, but the quality is terrible. it's incredibly blurry and just looks really really bad. on CM 5.0.8

It's because there's something wrong with CM 5.0.8, have you tried it on 5.0.7? :b Nah, just kidding, but have you tried the original bootanimation?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=708171&highlight=bootanimation

It should be just as "blurry" as that one.
It have the same resolution 256x256 that is stretched out to 480x480, so of course it isn't that crisp. It's not that much I can do about it.
I guess they made it that way because it would be too big if the pictures was 480x480.
Personally I don't think it looks "terrible"

I've attached one that is more crisp, but smaller. Now it's in its original size. Try and see, maybe you like that one better.
I've also added small versions of all colors on first page.

Attachments

• CyanSmallBoot.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

ezangrando

Dec 4, 2009
It's because there's something wrong with CM 5.0.8, have you tried it on 5.0.7? :b Nah, just kidding, but have you tried the original bootanimation?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=708171&highlight=bootanimation

It should be just as "blurry" as that one.
It have the same resolution 256x256 that is stretched out to 480x480, so of course it isn't that crisp. It's not that much I can do about it.
I guess they made it that way because it would be too big if the pictures was 480x480.
Personally I don't think it looks "terrible"

I've attached one that is more crisp, but smaller. Now it's in its original size. Try and see, maybe you like that one better.
I've also added small versions of all colors on first page.

Much better this one, still a little laggy on CyanogenMod 6.0.0-alpha1, but probably it's a mod issue ;)

JHPadu

Oct 16, 2008
Norrköping
Much better this one, still a little laggy on CyanogenMod 6.0.0-alpha1, but probably it's a mod issue ;)

Yeah, I know. I think it's the same with the original version tho.
But the pictures are actually even a bit larger in the small version lol, so it could possibly lag even more.
Maybe if lowering the fps it wouldn't lag as much. But the animation itself would be slower then ofc. It's 30 fps now, maybe that's a little too fast for the phone to handle during the boot up.

ezangrando

Dec 4, 2009
Yeah, I know. I think it's the same with the original version tho.
But the pictures are actually even a bit larger in the small version lol, so it could possibly lag even more.
Maybe if lowering the fps it wouldn't lag as much. But the animation itself would be slower then ofc. It's 30 fps now, maybe that's a little too fast for the phone to handle during the boot up.

For me it's ok now :D

JHPadu

Oct 16, 2008
Norrköping

Okay, that's good to know.

A combination of all the colors would be sick.

You mean like the animation shift between all those colors?

Edit: Haha, I threw togheter something. It's quickly flashing between cyan, yellow, green and red :D
Kind of an EPILEPSY WARNING on this one.

Maybe later I'll make one where the colors smoothly bend in to each other when shifting :b

Attachments

• ColorBlendBoot.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 11
  • ColorBlendSmallBoot_480x256.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I made a cyan version of the Holiday Nexus boot animation and thought I'd share it here.

I uploaded both a bootanimation.zip to adb push to the system/media/ folder, and a update.zip (CyanHolidayBoot.zip) to flash through the recovery menu.
    You can use the method you prefer.

Update: I made some other colors too.
    The files named 'bootanimation.zip' should be adb pushed, and the 'ColorHolidayBoot.zip' files are flashable in the recovery menu.

Update 2: I've made a version ('ColorSmallBoot_480x256.zip') where the cross isn't scaled up and therefore are more crisp and clear but smaller.
    The cross is about the size of the original Nexus One boot animation.
    I just made zip-files that you can flash in the recovery menu. If you want the bootanimation.zip to push you can pull it out from the zip-file.
    Also I made this all kinda quick and have only tried out the cyan version, so if there's something wrong with the files let me know.

Update 3: A new version that's rapidly flashing between cyan, yellow, green and yellow. Looks kinda sick and psychedelic haha

Update 4: Green Live Wallpaper and Boot Animation with a new look.

Update 5: New Style boot animations and live wallpapers for all colors. (No live wallpaper for Flashing Colors version)

The live wallpapers was generated with the Custom Creater script.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=739512
    thanks Daneshm90

The regular size versions will look a little blurry on the phone because the pictures will be stretched out 4x the size there.
    Try the small version or the new style version if you think it's too blurry.

30fps001.gif

Code:
    adb remount
    adb push bootanimation.zip /system/media/
    adb reboot

Live Wallpapers (only in new style version)

Cyan Live Wallpaper

Green Live Wallpaper

Red Live Wallpaper

Yellow Live Wallpaper

White Live Wallpaper

Boot Animations

Cyan Boot Animations

Green Boot Animations

Red Boot Animations

Yellow Boot Animations

White Boot Animations

Flashing Colors Boot Animations Probably not good for people who are epileptic!

Attached pictures are in quite poor quality. There are better previews in the different boot animation folders.
    could you share the miui animation too? :D

Yeah, sure here it is.
    It's nothing flashy, just the regular MIUI bootanimation but with black background and no droid.

00080.png