What screen protector do you use?

Search This thread

soldiersinx

Jul 25, 2011
I'm using GhostArmor. I used to use Zagg's InviShield, but now they started using very thick plastic or w/e, and it's too sticky.Ghost Armor's a 20 dollar original investment. They install it for you for 20, or you can buy it yourself for 15. You can get it replaced for life for a 5 dollar install fee, or free if you install yourself.

How do you like it? There is a place near me that installs them, so I have been thinking of doing it. Do they do a good job installing them? Thanks!

fajhaj

Sep 9, 2011
I got my screen protector from At&t and it's called Invisible Shield( I think by Zagg) for $25.00. Since it's very expensive, At&t will keep replacing your screen protector for Life! So far, I replaced twice with no questions asked. They also dont charge for installation of the screen protector in future .That is a great deal for me since I am planning to keep this smartphone for good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Last edited:

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I have tried many SP (Zaggs,Ghost Armor, ebay, etc) and non of them come close to the quality and feel of the SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal. You can not tell that it is there at all. With the Zaggs or Ghost Armor you can always tell the SP is there cuz both of them suffer from the 'orange peel' effect. The 'Ultra Crystal' is like having another layer of glass.

TheGovi

Oct 7, 2011
CA
None.

With Gorilla Glass, I don't feel like having one is necessary. Plus I haven't found a screen protector that doesn't give it the "rainbow effect".

N1N9

Jan 15, 2012
I just bought the one from the AT&T store. Cover's up the lame AT&T and Samsung logo giving me a cleaner look. $25 for 1, so it was a little pricy.

TannerBlair

Aug 18, 2010
I had a Captivate, and I currently have a SGSII and a Tab 10.1, and have never had a screen protector on any of them. I keep my phone in the same pocket as my keys, and it still looks good as new. This Gorilla glass is not playing around.

saladbowl831

Jul 15, 2011
I've had the invisibleShield but those feel thick and very rubber like. I have Ghost Armor now and it feels way smoother than ZAGG.

ZAGG just announced there HD version which is supposed to be glass like and thinner but currently only iPhone is the only device getting any love. Hate how companies are always all over apples nuts.

I got my screen protector from At&t and it's called Invisible Shield( I think by Zagg) for $25.00. Since it's very expensive, At&t will keep replacing your screen protector for Life! So far, I replaced twice with no questions asked. They also dont charge for installation of the screen protector in future .That is a great deal for me since I am planning to keep this smartphone for good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

ZAGG InvisibleShield is $15 direct from them with the same lifetime warranty but its a DIY install.

SmittyRN

Feb 3, 2011
Cullman, AL
I stopped using screen protectors when I started using devices with Gorilla Glass; none on my SGS2 or my Galaxy 8.9 tab. Love the smooth glass feeling.

However.... if you prefer a screen protector, I'd suggest one that uses the "wet" application method. With traditional screen protectors, I have never been able to get one on without at least 1 speck of dust clinging to the sticky side, creating a bubble. I even tried installing at work in the operating room while wearing sterile gloves... same results. But the wet method is where you spray a light coat of whatever liquid they send you on the glass and the underside of the protector; it goes on effortlessly, the bubbles are easily worked out, and when it dries after a couple of days, it's flawless.

I had a semi-matte protector on my first iPhone that really cut down on the glare, a lot. It even gave you a better feel under your finger, hard to explain, it just felt like you were slightly grabbing the screen sorta. Haven't seen any like that for sale for a while.

houstonsveryown

Jan 6, 2011
Houston,Texas
I use belkin case and screen protectors. 3pk for $15 case $15
I like it because I can barely tell its on. Unlike zagg. I can see it on there and feel it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App

DCSRM

Oct 31, 2011
Zagg... its way crappy, but i am paranoid about the screen. I do have a taurus case on it though, so even if i dropped it there shouldnt be a problem without it...

dschreiber69

May 23, 2011
Harbor Springs
I use the one that came with my Otter Box Commuter - Took my time and got it on perfect. Screen I would say is just as responsive. Cant tell it is even there until later in the day when the smudges show up :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    +10 for the Steinheil Ultra Crystal - I've used the Ultra Crystal (which I managed to scuff somehow after a couple of months, but that's what it's there for!) and this time I got the Ultra Fine. It has a matte finish, which isn't as crystal clear (which bugged me for a while) but it will NOT take fingerprints, smears, anything! So I got over the matte look - it's just too nice to NEVER have a finger smear on the screen.

I did try a couple others before getting these (recommended from another thread), and I learned all about orange peeling, rainbow effect, and why it's worth the extra money :D
    Do they make it for the i777? I can't find it on their site.

Well since they dont have a customer service number on their website (???) i wrote them an email and i was told that they did offer one but they discontinued it because they are focusing more on the new S3, the damn phone is barely a year old! I was pissed! They will def. not get any business from me. Ps their cases suck anyway!
    Steinheil Super Oleophobic here. Can't complain, had a Zagg before but always felt it too sticky but this one's perfect. No fingerprint marks at all.