[Q] CM9 with Touchstone

Search This thread

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Im planing on eventually getting a Touchstone for my Touchpad. I'm wondering, are there problems with charging the TouchPad on the Touchstone while running CM9? I would assume it just charges like normal since its a hardware feature. But does the software act up since it doesnt recognize HOW its being charged? I have read that people have had some issues like freezing up or the charger doesnt charge in CM9. What has been everyone's experience with it?

ponyboy82

Apr 13, 2011
I used to have a lot of freezes and lock-ups when using the Touchstone -- primarily when taking the TP off of the TS. However, with any recent nightly it's been MUCH more trouble-free. I don't know that I've had another instance of this at least since we got official nightlies, and maybe even prior to that.

Right now, it's a little annoying that the Clock app always comes up when you start charging, but that's about it. I believe you can remove the Clock app to get around this, but I haven't tried yet. I don't know that I'd say it's worth what I paid for it, but it is pretty slick to just drop the TP onto the TS without fiddling with cables.

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I used to have a lot of freezes and lock-ups when using the Touchstone -- primarily when taking the TP off of the TS. However, with any recent nightly it's been MUCH more trouble-free. I don't know that I've had another instance of this at least since we got official nightlies, and maybe even prior to that.

Right now, it's a little annoying that the Clock app always comes up when you start charging, but that's about it. I believe you can remove the Clock app to get around this, but I haven't tried yet. I don't know that I'd say it's worth what I paid for it, but it is pretty slick to just drop the TP onto the TS without fiddling with cables.

So you havent had any instances of leaving your TouchPad on the Touchstone and come back to find it drained of battery? Thats what I am mostly worried about since I have seen people post what happens to their TouchPad running CM9 and letting their battery die.

mike-y

Feb 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I've never had any issues using the touchstone to charge the TP when running CM7 or CM9. For me, it has always worked flawlessly.

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
I downloaded Dock Nothingness to prevent anything from coming up when you use the touchstone. Android interprets the touchstone as a dock charger so it can tell the difference between the two.

quarlow

Feb 6, 2008
Tooele, UT
I also use dock nothingness.

I got a TouchStone before I put android on it. I have always left it on the TS to charge at least daily. I have yet to have a single issue with freezing or draining. I used it on webOS for a few weeks, very little on CM7, and CM9 since the very first alpha. Running alpha 2 now. Currently I have 311 hours of up time on the TP, I would guess 111 hours of that on the TS, based on what CPU spy is telling me. Nary a single issue here.

I don't know what (if at all) cases others are using. Because I got a TS I went with the HP official case. Had it almost as long as the TS, and leave it on the TP all the time. Pretty nice case IMO, soft touch, micro fiber cover cleans the screen, built in easel. IIRC, I read on some amazon reviews certain cases produced weird results on the TS.

Sent from my Galaxy S II (i777)

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for the replies. When I do get the Touchstone, I will probably look into putting llama or tasker on my TouchPad so when it gets to about 20 percent, my device will shut down. Like I said, thats the only real worry I have with it due to what I've been reading. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to put it on there anyway.

J Cubed

Apr 18, 2012
Chicago
I like how WebOS plays a sound to confirm that it's charging on the dock. Is there an easy way to do that in CM9? Other than that, I love it.

I did just load the nightly two days ago, and yesterday the battery was drained after sitting on the stone all day. It could just have been user error, though. I'll see tonight when I get home.

orangekid

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
Staff member
Apr 10, 2009
Just got a touchstone, can't wait to stop using that stupid cord :)

you guys think leaving it on the dock all the time will mess up the battery?

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Just got a touchstone, can't wait to stop using that stupid cord :)

you guys think leaving it on the dock all the time will mess up the battery?

I was leaving mine pluggen in the wall almost constantly. Since I do the same with my phone, I didnt see a problem with it. But I went home one day and had some problems getting it to turn on. It finally did and since then, I've just been shutting it off when I dont use it. I'm a little paranoid about it not coming back on. lol. But leaving devices plugged in dont usually hurt the battery. I think they are pretty much made for that now a days.