Usb host/usb on the go

Search This thread

lfrp

Jul 5, 2009
Does anybody here know if the evo lte is compatible or is working with that kind of cable?
Some places I read that is the kernel and this phone is not compatible, but other places they are selling the cable and saying it works.

Also someone tried transfering pictures using nfc?
I can transfer youtube or website links, or contacts; but not able to transfer pictures.

Sent from my EVO using XDA

djkleric

Dec 27, 2009
OKC
I have tried this with two different host cables and it does not seem to work for me (works just fine with my xoom). It sucks that they would not include this as this is part of Android since 3.2. HTC needs to fix this.

Reactions: lfrp

lfrp

Jul 5, 2009
Ok, thanks for the info, I hope htc fix this soon, is a good feature to have.

david279

Sep 4, 2007
New Orleans
Yea you can't send picture using Nfc. Samsung tweaked s beam to do it using Wi-Fi direct and I'm fully expecting Google to assimilate that into 4.1 or whatever jellybean will be.

With usb otg it's in ics but needs to be enabled in the kernel. So hopefully when the source is dropped we can get that done. Don't know why they would do that from the beginning.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Reactions: lfrp

lfrp

Jul 5, 2009
Yeah I thought i saw somewhere nfc being use to transfer photos but then thats what it is. It would be nice if it was a nfc feature.
Hopefully htc makes an update to use usb on the go.

mrnamster

Dec 7, 2007
I saw that bump to send feature in the new Windows Phone 8 keynote. I'm assuming it uses NFC to initiate some WiFi connection for transferring.

If we can get USB hosting to work, that would be awesome!

lacrossev

Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
What exactly can be done with this feature I'm not familiar with it

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

Most basically it allows you to mount usb drives. Full functionality allows you to plug in controllers and other usb devices which the OS has drivers for. In the case of my asus transformer it allows the use of 3g dongles as well as flash drives.

Awesomesauce has OTG enabled in the kernel, but i don't know of any rom that has auto mounting baked in, i had to use a 3rd party app to mount my drives and even then it was a little clumsy and took forever to mount.

josh030181

Dec 29, 2010
Baltimoe,Md
Most basically it allows you to mount usb drives. Full functionality allows you to plug in controllers and other usb devices which the OS has drivers for. In the case of my asus transformer it allows the use of 3g dongles as well as flash drives.

Awesomesauce has OTG enabled in the kernel, but i don't know of any rom that has auto mounting baked in, i had to use a 3rd party app to mount my drives and even then it was a little clumsy and took forever to mount.

What app do you use

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have tried this with two different host cables and it does not seem to work for me (works just fine with my xoom). It sucks that they would not include this as this is part of Android since 3.2. HTC needs to fix this.
    Yea you can't send picture using Nfc. Samsung tweaked s beam to do it using Wi-Fi direct and I'm fully expecting Google to assimilate that into 4.1 or whatever jellybean will be.

With usb otg it's in ics but needs to be enabled in the kernel. So hopefully when the source is dropped we can get that done. Don't know why they would do that from the beginning.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Anything new on this? I sure would like to see this working on my EVO LTE...

Awesome sauce kernal has this feature on it