[Q] X920e Butterfly?

Search This thread

chocchief

Oct 9, 2011
So I live in Singapore, and was thinking of getting the HTC Butterfly when it comes out here in February but I'm not that patient, so I was thinking about going to China and getting the HTC X920e Butterfly since it's essentially the same. But if I do, I still want to be able to root and flash roms and stuff, and I was wondering if the methods to unlock and root for the Droid DNA will work on the X920e or the international Butterfly? Because the butterfly is released in China and Japan and there's still no forums but this one up. Sorry if this is a n00by question, but I want to know before I make the purchase in China :D

galaxyjeff

Aug 31, 2010
Akron
I think you probably could flash the same stuff on it. It looks identical to the DNA. Make sure the radio is the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

chocchief

Oct 9, 2011
Ok thanks, was just wondering since previous carrier-exclusive phones usually have a separate thread to the international phone, and the Butterfly/DNA only has one

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok, the international version of Butterfly is X920d, not X920e. The kernal, functions etc will be different.

I'd suggest you go Taiwan to get X920d.