[Q] Telus S5 root questions and compatibility with alliance rom.

Search This thread

Ffinger

Apr 28, 2012
Hello.

Well i thought i had a fairly good idea about rooting mods and bloatware. I was wrong. The more i read the more i find myself unsure of what i should do. I belive this is a lack of experiance and ability to understand the information i am reading. I have no doubt that everything i need to know is readily available on these forums. But I am feeling pretty gunshy.

So I am wondering for the most part what is the best way to get rid of the bloatware on my telus S5. What is safe to get rid of and what isnt. I have a feeling the best way to do this is to flash a rom. I have decided i would try the alliance rom found in a thread hear :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2716535&page=19 Is this a viable rom for my phone 900W8. Will this take care of most of the bloatware? Is there any steps other then 1:root 2:flash rom? these are the parts i am finding unclear. sorry for the noobishness. I have read almost everything i can find about the whole procedure but find myself confused. I have used odin before on my old S2X but surely havent used it for a very long time.

Thanks for reading and any help would be greatly appreciated. Have been a member hear since i rooted the s2x and the community is great.

Cheers

Ffinger

Apr 28, 2012
Hello just an update I finally took the plunge roped phone and flashed a few roms currently using omega

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dkelley

May 11, 2010
Maple Ridge (close to Vancouver)
Hello just an update I finally took the plunge roped phone and flashed a few roms currently using omega

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi - what instructions did you follow to root it and can you please provide a link to the rom you're using?

I'm very interested in doing this to my telus s5 as well - but I find the S5 sections on XDA to be far more disjointed than for other phones I've done this to in past years so I don't want to follow the wrong instructions or flash an incompatible rom.

please post a link to the rooting instructions that worked for your telus S5 and to the rom you found that runs on your telus S5 :)

thanks so much!

Cheers

Ffinger

Apr 28, 2012
I used twrp for recovery and did a Google search for the guide I found. I forget where it was but will look and report back. I have had the best luck on omega rom. Having said that I have tryed them all and they where all good. Omega just worked best for me. As for kernels I liked the arkenstone. I am currently on blaze v8 and letting it settle in to test battery. Sorry for dished answer my kids are keeping me busy but if you pm mei will go do some searching.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Using Phoenix and blaze v9! Amazing. As for rooting, everything works. Just look for W8

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk