{All 2011}[FAQ][Q&A][CM12.1] LegacyXperia discussion

Search This thread

heavenly.mike

Apr 27, 2014
Where can I find the differences between Gapps and Mini Gapps packages? :confused: As well 160 DPI with a fast google search is considered as a MDPI device, correct me if I'm wrong. And something last..
Steps 2, 4, 6 are not needed when you install new LX build on top of an older one in the future
I'm currently using the cm11-20150309, so is this required or not?
Thanks in advance

orangehead

Oct 9, 2013
Kocaeli
i tracked your steps but i did not install gapps.
phone says to me
"
E: footer is wrong
E: signature verification failed
İnstallation aborted.
e :cannot load volume / misc! "

What can i do ? Can you help me ?

amishxda

Dec 31, 2011
Installed CM12 just now!

SImply great. Easy to install as per instructions.

Still doing initial settings only. Have installed GApps too.

Working smoooth currently. Not at all slow. Seems to run at same speed as CM11. (Nothing is installed yet though)

Will report back in a day or two as I keep getting time.

But great work by all the developers.

uunium

Sep 17, 2013
Kyiv
Google Pixel 8
Difference ?

Hi all.
Can someone tell what is the difference between CM12 and AOSP roms for 2011 xperia line ? :confused: Maybe it`s stupid question, so i`m sorry for it.
Thank you for answer !
With best wishes.

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
Just performed clean flash on my smultron and I spent for over 30mins on setup wizard lol. The animations are very smooth but the device freezes itself when switching apps like there's always a blank black screen appearing between apps when I switch/tap them. So far, no random reboots and I actually rebooted after the initial boot, still runs like that. I understand that this is an initial beta build of CM12 on our devices, thankful that I still have this device functioning over the past years.
Will test more to see if anything will improve the following days of using it, thumbs up @mikeioannina :)

UPDATE
It seems that the blank black screen appears if the systemui stops responding or crashes, no dialogs if ever it will happen, it will just appear like that.

UPDATE
I'm not sure if it's me or the ROM itself but I've been experiencing very slow internet connection while updating/downloading apps on playstore, anyone can confirm?

EDIT
Installing apps takes 15mins :/

Last edited:

JovieBrett

Dec 17, 2012
Manila
Hi all.
Can someone tell what is the difference between CM12 and AOSP roms for 2011 xperia line ? :confused: Maybe it`s stupid question, so i`m sorry for it.
Thank you for answer !
With best wishes.

The AOSP is simply based off from stock ROM like the one on Nexus devices has.
CM12 is like a stock ROM but with additional features.

Reactions: uunium

Marado

Jan 28, 2015
Putas
Can we install full stock gapps package? Or won´t work?
As now the avaliable space is not a problem because it´s on sd card...

plb-dev

Just performed clean flash on my smultron and I spent for over 30mins on setup wizard lol. The animations are very smooth but the device freezes itself when switching apps like there's always a blank black screen appearing between apps when I switch/tap them. So far, no random reboots and I actually rebooted after the initial boot, still runs like that. I understand that this is an initial beta build of CM12 on our devices, thankful that I still have this device functioning over the past years.
Will test more to see if anything will improve the following days of using it, thumbs up @mikeioannina :)

UPDATE
It seems that the blank black screen appears if the systemui stops responding or crashes, no dialogs if ever it will happen, it will just appear like that.

UPDATE
I'm not sure if it's me or the ROM itself but I've been experiencing very slow internet connection while updating/downloading apps on playstore, anyone can confirm?

EDIT
Installing apps takes 15mins :/

I also have the same issues as yours . Think it has something to do with sd card class.
And also Trebuchet keeps FC ing

L3RAT

Dec 6, 2012
Can we install full stock gapps package? Or won´t work?
As now the avaliable space is not a problem because it´s on sd card...

Of course yes, just find package compatible with cm recovery ;)

And actually gapps are installed onto /system partition, which is in internal storage, but there is lots of space too.

Reactions: sreehari.007

sreehari.007

Jan 17, 2013
Of course yes, just find package compatible with cm recovery ;)

And actually gapps are installed onto /system partition, which is in internal storage, but there is lots of space too.

Which one wil u prefer 4 me hdpi or mdpi ? Btw im usin haida

Sent from my MT11i using XDA Free mobile app

Bart11666

Jan 31, 2013
Zamość
i got problem with install facebook app from play store even from sd card apk. installation goes around 15 min and app is not installed, tried few times and the same. btw i try to install it on lx cm12 test builds before release and now on cm12 released and AOSP and still the same problem.. another apps are installed without any problem, just fb...
any sollution?

trueno2k

May 29, 2011
Can anyone here perhaps help me with installing the usb drivers for my Xperia Arc please?.. The flashtool drivers aren't installing right, they keep giving back failed responses!.. Plus, I don't wanna go through that signature malarky crap!.. Is there any other way I can get the drivers installed on Windows 8.1 so that I can flash this ROM, PLEASE!!!

Thanks...

Zerathul

Aug 14, 2013
is this "cannot load /misc" normal?
edit: and why after full format it still shows me "installing app x of 79"?

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

I think so, I'm going to buy a class 10 tomorrow to see if this is the real issue.

I have a GOODRAM class10 16GB UHS-1 and its still laggy.

Last edited:
Reactions: JovieBrett

plb-dev

Bugs or whatever

Every time I switch apps, a black screen ( with status bar ) appears for some 10 seconds .

The back and menu hardware keys are a little slow to respond (almost 2 seconds) .

UI very laggy during downloads.

WiFi ,BT and Mobile Network Toggles are missing

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Troubleshooting
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to LegacyXperia CyanogenMod 12.1[/SIZE]

Not developed actively anymore. You can update to cm-13.0.

Links to development thread:
    {All 2011}[DEV][Lollipop 5.1.1][LegacyXperia] unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 builds

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank a ROM OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png

VvlZ9FP.jpg
    New builds

Hi guys, after long time some new builds are coming.
    I have included some improvements for LPA, you should be able to use it now to get rid of music stuttering.
    You can test it by adding lpa.decode=true in build.prop. It is known that LPA breaks a2dp streaming, we are trying to fix it.
    You might also notice that the headset volume is louder than usual and audio effects might distort the sound.

## Nightly build 20150723 - cm-12.1
    * Latest cm12.1 changes
    * Use upstream gp2a proximity sensor kernel driver (zeus)
    * Fixed CVE-2015-5366
    * Decreased zRAM size to 128MB
    * Added support for DM9601 based USB ethernet
    * Fixed mounting of non-FAT formatted SD cards
    * Set FIOPS as default IO scheduler instead of ROW
    * Updates & fixes for LPA
    * Testing lowmemorykiller changes to improve zRAM OOM issues

Builds will roll for all devices tomorrow, after the cm-11.0 builds are up.
    Honestly wondering: Is this release dead or still being maintained?

New build coming soon. Just waited for Google's November security updates.
    FAQ

Frequently asked questions:

Check this wiki page
    Are the below features removed due to some kind of right issues, or related to android L or just missing for now?

-By pressing volume down, i cant put phone into silent mode (Just vibration mode is there)

-cpu Freq setting is not available. I can't set it also with init.d script

-Some tiles are missing in quick pulldown (network mode for example)

-Light levels in automatic backlight are not adjustable

I am not asking for these features, no offense. I just wonder if theyre missing on purpose.

1. Silent mode is one of the most wanted missing features on L. Blame google
    2. Cpu settings are hidden now in CM for devices that have performance profiles.
    3,4. Lots of stuff haven't been ported yet to cm12 since they need to be reimplemented (most times from scratch)

I will stop supporting cm12 due to 5.0.x being so buggy and move to cm-12.1 once the issues in telephony are resolved.