[Wifi Sharing] Do we have it/is it being worked on?

Search This thread

tiny17

Sep 2, 2009
This is something I really miss from my HTC Diamond. I was wondering if someone is working on it, or if someone has something working and I just haven't heard about it. Enlighten us here.

[Sprint HTC Arrive]

-Enkidu-

Jan 2, 2008
Austin
Only if you have a .dev or dreamspark account that will allow you to sideload xaps. It is possible that ansar or another GoldC rom creator could add the cert from another party that would then allow interop unlock from Heathcliff. I don't believe there's any other possibility at this point.

The GoldC unlock isn't taking any priority & last I heard DFT doesn't even have one to work on. However, it does appear that many are looking for what would result in an across the board unlock/root method.

Last edited:

-Enkidu-

Jan 2, 2008
Austin
Only if you have a .dev or dreamspark account that will allow you to sideload xaps. It is possible that ansar or another GoldC rom creator could add the cert from another party that would then allow interop unlock from Heathcliff. I don't believe there's any other possibility at this point.

The GoldC unlock isn't taking any priority & last I heard DFT doesn't even have one to work on. However, it does appear that many are looking for what would result in an across the board unlock/root method.

I may have been wrong, it is not on the list:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1280623

However, I assumed this guide would work & thought I read someone with an Arrive had it running:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1233612

Another Link which states HTC devices:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1238519

Please let us know if it works for you.

Last edited:

jaygriggs

Sep 19, 2007
Detroit Mi
Maybe someone can chime in if Im wrong but I think we're f#cked for the time being.

To have the official ICS in mango you have to edit the registry and have the HTC driver. (I believe after alot of reading that the HTC driver is in the update after mango)

But if you install that HTC update you are interop locked (heathcliff posted that)

If you're interop locked you cant edit the registry to get ICS working

So the only hope is ansar's new dfrouter app
i asked him specifically if it works on a cdma device because even though I got the HTC android drivers to install and recognize the arrive, the modem would not connect (it just appears to dial out) Ofcourse that was with dfrouter and not ansars new app but he verified what I thought that the difference between the gprs and cdma radios is why it doesnt work.

I just want to tether wifi tethering would be nice but any kind of tethering would make me happy.

Also someone posted on ppcgeeks that when they called sprint about hotspot tethering they said it would not be a supported feature on the phone, so sprint is out and its up to xda

So as far as I can see 1 of 2 things need to happen
Heathcliff figures out how to interop HTC devices after the HTC update
Ansar gets his app working on cdma devices

-Enkidu-

Jan 2, 2008
Austin
That sounds right. Except I thought if you're dev/dreamspark unlocked you can sideload xaps that will allow you to interop unlock, load root tools, add the prov xml(s) or reg keys & voila, USB ics.

jaygriggs

Sep 19, 2007
Detroit Mi
I thought to use root tools you needed to be interop unlocked?

I have a dev account and im still on nodo.
I dont have access to a windows 7 pc very often but id try anything to get this working.
---------------------
Unfortunately I was right about root tools but you did give me an idea, I'll pm heathcliff and see what I can come up with

Last edited:

jaygriggs

Sep 19, 2007
Detroit Mi
After rereading the 60page thread on the built in ICS it appears the HTC update does not include the needed drivers for the built in ICS
The only known HTC rom to have them is the HTC Mozart 5.01 rom
I'm gonna look at the new sprint demo rom that got uploaded yesterday and see if they're there but I doubt it.
Sooooo I guess we need to wait for someone to package the driver up in a xap or something:(

Without the driver it will show up in settings but wont connect

Reactions: -Enkidu-

-Enkidu-

Jan 2, 2008
Austin
I'm glad you checked jaygriggs. I read that the Arrive driver was an issue but thought that the mango update resolved it. Thanks for clarifying that issue as unresolved.

Someone on this arrive forum found & posted a modem driver that was supposedly compatible with the arrive @ one point. I will post the link when I find it...

...Ha! you posted the driver:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1014234&page=2

Last edited:

jaygriggs

Sep 19, 2007
Detroit Mi
:D
And those drivers work
The arrive will be recognized by the pc
for use with the dfrouter app
I could get it to dial out but it would never connect, I assume because there is a difference between the gprs and cdma radio.

The issue now is for official ICS
we need a HTC driver for the phone

If it were only a driver for the pc i'd have it done for us ;)

The driver is out for the mozart whether we need a cdma driver or not remains to be seen, as soon as they put the driver in a xap or something I will be working on it.

jaygriggs

Sep 19, 2007
Detroit Mi
tether

Alright I'm not 100% this will work but I believe it will and I'll be testing hopefully this weekend or early part of next week.
My device is Sprint arrive on Nodo dev unlocked
1 Ill put on max unsigned apps xap
2 Ill put on the proxy app (for interop unlock)
3 Ill install ansars usbmode switching app
4 Ill install ansars U2M7720
5 Ill upgrade to mango following this thread to maintain interop unlock
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1281597

6 I'll add the HTC update via ansar's offline installer (to maintain interop unlock)
7 I'll add the drivers to the PC that I worked on that is documented in the other internet sharing thread

Then it should work
Ansar states here that his updated app works on cdma devices
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1271265
If anyone tries this before me please post your experience:D

Last edited:

jaygriggs

Sep 19, 2007
Detroit Mi
We are definitely screwed at the moment we need HTC connection setup
to maintain interop unlock and that program is off the marketplace until further notice
You cannot sideload it because it checks the signature
Thanks to GoodDaytoDie for the tip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After rereading the 60page thread on the built in ICS it appears the HTC update does not include the needed drivers for the built in ICS
    The only known HTC rom to have them is the HTC Mozart 5.01 rom
    I'm gonna look at the new sprint demo rom that got uploaded yesterday and see if they're there but I doubt it.
    Sooooo I guess we need to wait for someone to package the driver up in a xap or something:(

Without the driver it will show up in settings but wont connect